Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-22-2020, 04:30 PM   #57
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
well, i have very little opportunity do anything in my daily drive that involves turning. If i'm lucky, i get a highway exit/entrance to myself once a week. But i didn't buy my Camaro for the straight line speed. I bought it was a dual track car / daily driver. I would have bought it if it had 400hp. Heck, deciding on a v6 vs v8 was difficult for me.
Oh, I think I read your other post wrong. You are saying that there is no place to stretch the legs on the V8. In which case, yes, I agree. The V6 would have been plenty in daily driving situations for most people.

And yeah, mine is a dual duty car as well.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #58
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
My 2 cents. I have a 2012 1SS Convertible. Only option is auto and Crystal Red paint. I paid about 35k out the door for it in April of 2012. The new 6th Gen has done nothing for me and many many other 5th Gen owners to upgrade to the new 6th Gen. Why should I pay 15 grand or more for almost the same car? Yes I know both Gens are apples to oranges but they aren't to someone who just wanted a sporty car that sometimes goes fast. I have owned Camaro's and Firebirds going back to 1984 when I got my first Camaro at age 15. If myself or other Gen 5 owners are looking, I would be looking at a C7 (before the 8's came out) or a C8 Corvette. So much bang for the buck at a good price. Chevy screwed the pooch on the 6th Gen. They hit a homerun with the 5th.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:33 PM   #59
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
My 2 cents. I have a 2012 1SS Convertible. Only option is auto and Crystal Red paint. I paid about 35k out the door for it in April of 2012. The new 6th Gen has done nothing for me and many many other 5th Gen owners to upgrade to the new 6th Gen. Why should I pay 15 grand or more for almost the same car? Yes I know both Gens are apples to oranges but they aren't to someone who just wanted a sporty car that sometimes goes fast. I have owned Camaro's and Firebirds going back to 1984 when I got my first Camaro at age 15. If myself or other Gen 5 owners are looking, I would be looking at a C7 (before the 8's came out) or a C8 Corvette. So much bang for the buck at a good price. Chevy screwed the pooch on the 6th Gen. They hit a homerun with the 5th.
In terms of sale, yes. In terms of performance, flip that statement around.

And this is kind of the issue you run into: you have a product that performs better that caters to a smaller audience... Not a lot of people appreciate that difference in performance.

As an ex-C7 owner, it's a very good car but if you drive a stick, the Camaro 6-speed is definitely a big plus over the odd 7-speed. You also don't scrape everywhere you go, and the rear seats are at least present on the 6th Gen Camaro. It was an extremely difficult choice for me to choose the C7 over 6th Gen Camaro, and it was really only because I wanted a Corvette at the time, since they are also around the same price.

C8 doesn't interest me even if I have the money because it doesn't offer a stick shift option(and that's something I will not budge on), and honestly, I would argue that new for new, Camaro is a as good, if not better bang for the buck unless literally the only thing you care about is the 0-60 time. Some even say that Camaro is the new Corvette. In Canada, C8 starts at $81k while Camaro SS can be had for below $50k. I think ZL1 can be had for less than a base C8.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:38 PM   #60
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
no, it wasn't.
Well I am going off motor trends 12.3 1/4 mile time for a stock gen6 ss and yes it was barely but it was.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #61
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
No offense but as someone that owns a 5th gen 1LE and having driven more 6th gens than I can count, there is really no comparison between the cars. The 6th gen is better in every single way other than interior room.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #62
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post
I could care less about winning the sales battle. I just want it to sell enough for the Camaro to continue on. Those 6th gen numbers are pathetic. It makes me sick how Chevy is treating the Camaro like it doesn’t even exist in their lineup. It’s going to be a slow, painful death for the Camaro unfortunately..
Exactly it needs to sell enough to stick around.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote