Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-12-2022, 06:26 AM   #1
ALMN

Drives: 2SS 1LE M6, Palisade Calligraphy
Camaro Prices Going Down!

Hi guys just realized that brand new and used camaro prices are going down. Most of the brand new cars are listed below MSRP. I m guessing its the high oil/fuel prices to blame Any other thoughts?
ALMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:48 AM   #2
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I have seen a drop in used prices of Tesla as well so I am not sure it is all tied to the price of oil. Carvana was offering $40k for our 2019 Tesla Model 3 about 2 months ago, now the offer is $34,800. Others on the Tesla forums are seeing the same. I think the used car prices have peaked and are starting to come down, which means new car prices should do the same. I think we will still see MSRP as the norm for a while since inventories are still low but markups should begin to dissipate.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:51 AM   #3
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I started seeing the price drops this week too. Used ZL1s are still wildly overpriced but it does seem like a shift in the market is occurring. Maybe the fools that overpay all already have their cars.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:58 AM   #4
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
There was a run on toilet paper when many panic bought. The car purchase panic, contributing to "bare shelves," is now tempered by war and inflation. Cars are commodities, with prices constantly fluctuating at whatever whim of the buy/sell moment. Same as it ever was. .

Last edited by LT1gen6; 03-12-2022 at 07:48 AM.
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:59 AM   #5
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
It's just a tactic to get you in the door. They are just posting the prices minus rebates and employee pricing you may not qualify for. There may be a trend of downward prices due to gas prices rising, but I don't see huge discounts happening this year.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:36 AM   #6
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
I have seen price drops on most vehicles recently. Spring is practically here, tax refunds and track days will create enough demand to pick up what little new Camaro inventory is out there, if any. With inflation, gas prices and world events putting more pressure on our economy it makes things interesting but concerning.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:07 AM   #7
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Off topic a bit , but this one is on Craigslist right now.

2021 Corvette Z51 2LT 2,700 mi No Sales Tax - $105,000 (TUCSON)
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:19 AM   #8
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
If this continues with gas prices v8 used car prices will tank and quickly. in the mid 70's you couldn't give a v8 car away and dealers stopped taking them in as trades. There is going to be a price point for gas were people will panic and v8 cars will flood the market and it will be 1974 all over again. Watch the TV commercial's for cars for the past week are all EV's from every maker.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:03 AM   #9
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
If this continues with gas prices v8 used car prices will tank and quickly. in the mid 70's you couldn't give a v8 car away and dealers stopped taking them in as trades. There is going to be a price point for gas were people will panic and v8 cars will flood the market and it will be 1974 all over again. Watch the TV commercial's for cars for the past week are all EV's from every maker.

We're in a different era now. The average vehicle is not powered by a V8 or highly inefficient engine like was the case in the 70s. And if high gas prices frighten consumers, it likely won't be from V8 Camaros (we new what we were getting into-great gas mileage was never the goal); It will be from (less than really efficient) SUVs, to electric vehicles.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 04:41 PM   #10
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Do people really decide to buy a Camaro or other fun V8 'toy' on current gas prices?
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:06 PM   #11
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I started seeing the price drops this week too. Used ZL1s are still wildly overpriced but it does seem like a shift in the market is occurring. Maybe the fools that overpay all already have their cars.
ZL1s are most likely going to keep a little more of their value as they are generally picked up by collectors that will store them. Other cars are most likely bought as daily drivers and people are really wanting to dump them for something less expensive. What gets me about these derps is that you're supposed to BUY when it's low and SELL when it's high. I would be tempted to buy now low, put it away, and then once GM has stated that the 202x Camaro is going to be an EV, sell the car that I bought low for a high markup. "Low mileage 6speed unicorn Camaro for sale, only $70K!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post

TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:40 PM   #12
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
For the first time in 6 months used car prices in general started dropping in February. Used car inventories are up overall as dealers prepared for the traditionally high selling spring and tax season. In the long term prices are expected to remain high for now but experts expect used car prices to drop 20%-30% sometime in the months after October 2022 ahead of when new car production should begin recovering toward the end of the year. So while auction prices have started falling a bit for now it may be short lived as demand remains very high. Let’s see how the current world events and out of control inflation and gas prices plays into their predictions ...
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:23 PM   #13
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
ZL1s are most likely going to keep a little more of their value as they are generally picked up by collectors that will store them. Other cars are most likely bought as daily drivers and people are really wanting to dump them for something less expensive. What gets me about these derps is that you're supposed to BUY when it's low and SELL when it's high. I would be tempted to buy now low, put it away, and then once GM has stated that the 202x Camaro is going to be an EV, sell the car that I bought low for a high markup. "Low mileage 6speed unicorn Camaro for sale, only $70K!"[/IMG]
You're right, with only 2 more model years left the ZL1 prices won't come down, at least not the ones with relatively low miles.

That's the part I don't get either. Being in a situation where you have to buy a car in this market would suck, but nobody NEEDS a Camaro, especially not a marked up used one.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:44 PM   #14
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
Do people really decide to buy a Camaro or other fun V8 'toy' on current gas prices?
I have 2 other cars, I’m still comfortably driving my SS @ $4.50 for premium.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote