Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 01-25-2022, 10:23 AM   #29
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
haha cheap lowering springs? i helped design them and got them for free and they were not cheap and made in usa but i wanted to step up my game so i went to a mcs 1 way kit from vorshlag nothing cheap about them and way better than some overseas made coilovers but hey whatever floats your boat sir

as for studio rsr go look at the reviews everything you need to know... tons of shitty reviews and the good ones are probably their homies

https://www.google.com/search?client...78865b5f7a64,1,,,

Last edited by kropscamaro16; 01-25-2022 at 10:51 AM.
kropscamaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:14 PM   #30
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post

I told them about that rear adjuster from the first set, I recommended a star shape or a different location but I don't think the engineers where about it. Is your front shock at full height? I was going to recommend have they extend the front travel some more.

The front is maxed out in the shock, so I had to add the preload. I'm still running the 8k on the front, they shipped with 10k and I'm sure the preload would have been minimal with those. I like the height it's sitting at now.

As far as the cage, I'll let them have the time they said it would take. We'll see if they come through. It's nothing I needed in a hurry, but also don't want to wait forever for it.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:19 PM   #31
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
make sure to have your credit card company phone # on speed dial you may need it...
Old 02-20-2022, 01:09 PM   #32
Baddawg53

https://youtu.be/r5qJvGxrhTU

I finally got some good time on track with my new setup. The tires starting losing grip at the end of the day but I'm really happy with these so far. My driving still needs a lot of work obviously (I'm fairly new to the hobby), but I'm really happy with how the car handles and how the adjustments make noticeable changes. I also took it out for a 90 mile cruise with the local car club yesterday and was really happy with the ride on the street. It wasn't as harsh as I had anticipated, but still pretty firm. I did not back off the settings from the track day though.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:52 PM   #33
J_mo30

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS (Dory)
Nice that you got some track time. Laguna is a fun track. Also good to hear they seem to be working good.

Where are you in NorCal? I just moved to Roseville
J_mo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:47 PM   #34
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_mo30 View Post
Nice that you got some track time. Laguna is a fun track. Also good to hear they seem to be working good.

Where are you in NorCal? I just moved to Roseville
I'm in Petaluma now, kinda nice having sears point in my back yard.

I'm really happy with these 2 ways so far. Didn't you put the silvers 1 ways on? What do you think of them?
Old 02-23-2022, 05:19 PM   #35
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Nice, im glad youre out there using it. Its still out of season over here. Studying suspension theory and playing with adjustments is half the fun. How did the brakes hold up?
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 05:50 PM   #36
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
Nice, im glad youre out there using it. Its still out of season over here. Studying suspension theory and playing with adjustments is half the fun. How did the brakes hold up?
The looseness I had my first run is all gone now, the car is planted pretty well during hard braking. My brakes overall are solid, running the Hawk DTC 70 pads, DBA rotors, RBF 660 fluid and titanium shims. They hold up great, not a bit of fade. But I'm also not that fast yet, so we'll see as I gain experience.

I have a chart on my phone that I use for reference to make changes to the suspension, I need to be better at writing it all down and keeping better track of it though.
Old 02-26-2022, 11:28 PM   #37
J_mo30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
I'm in Petaluma now, kinda nice having sears point in my back yard.

I'm really happy with these 2 ways so far. Didn't you put the silvers 1 ways on? What do you think of them?
Yea I've been having a nightmare of a time figuring out a steering issue since install. Mainly just not enough time to fully diagnose it with buying a house. So haven't really got to test it out at all
Old 02-27-2022, 10:25 AM   #38
Baddawg53

Quote:
Yea I've been having a nightmare of a time figuring out a steering issue since install. Mainly just not enough time to fully diagnose it with buying a house. So haven't really got to test it out at all
That's a bummer, did you have a shop do the install?

Gonna be a little bit warmer in Roseville this summer than San Jose!! It'd be nice to get away from the bay area though...
Old 03-01-2022, 11:18 AM   #39
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Ya as you get faster it might show some but im on stop tech track day pads for the first time on this car. They held up good, very consistent but I would like more bite. This was last years run at NJMP on the silvers 1 ways and 305 bridgestone s007
https://youtu.be/VDzTOG766WM

What's going on with your steering Jmo?
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Old 03-03-2022, 02:15 AM   #40
J_mo30

I did the install and then had it aligned. Alignment won't hold though. Been aligned 3 different times and still some how is off. Haven't really had time to figure it out, but basically wheel is straight and tracks straight, will turn and all the sudden is off left but still tracks straight.

Now that I have a garage, I can work on it at night periodically when I get time.
Old 03-03-2022, 07:13 AM   #41
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
I did the install and then had it aligned. Alignment won't hold though. Been aligned 3 different times and still some how is off. Haven't really had time to figure it out, but basically wheel is straight and tracks straight, will turn and all the sudden is off left but still tracks straight.

Now that I have a garage, I can work on it at night periodically when I get time.

Did you time the bushings once you had your final ride height set? And did you use new rear toe link and lower control arm adjustment bolts? They are torque to yield and are single use only bolts.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:21 PM   #42
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Yea what cdb, reset the bushing when its on the rack to the natural ride height and try marking the rear eccentrics and torque the strut bolts and the camber adjustment allens on the top hat.