Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-26-2020, 05:00 PM   #15
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Cool, thanks. But what i really want it for is to eliminate the sound when it goes into V4 mode. That's why I want to know if the AFM valve is open by default. Like if the car is off...is that AFM valve open?
The AFM valves are always open until AFM decides to kick in when the car is being driven even when parked and motor off, always default to open.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #16
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper25 View Post
The first time I believe this was the issue, and I retied them. Then the cel came back on 2 days later and this time it said their was an issue with move AFM actuators. Thanks for the help. Any other possibilities?
Maybe we need these. It looks like the brkts have stops to simulate what happens with the motors close the valves.

https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...-2-awe-tuning/
Old 12-26-2020, 07:46 PM   #17
Snyper25

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
I drove mine for the first time and after a few stop and re starts and 60 miles I finally got a CEL on a restart after sitting for about 1/2 hour. Drove 60 more miles, shut off and restart after 10 min, still have a glowing CEL. I looked at the two motor, wheels are free and clear to move , I do not know. I will be climbing under the car tomorrow to see if I have any wireing issues. I wonder if the black box motors need to screwed to metal to ground properly? just a thought.
This has been an issue since I got the exhaust about 2 weeks ago. Since I don’t believe it hurts the car or the performance I have not been in a rush to make a permanent repair like tuning it or whatever. I will be taking it to the the shop sometime this week maybe they can figure out the issue. And Multiple people suggested that AWE simulator bracket so if they can’t figure it out I will order those. Please keep me updated if you find a solution once you get under there. Thanks!
Snyper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:02 AM   #18
lt4camaro

Quote:
This has been an issue since I got the exhaust about 2 weeks ago. Since I don’t believe it hurts the car or the performance I have not been in a rush to make a permanent repair like tuning it or whatever. I will be taking it to the the shop sometime this week maybe they can figure out the issue. And Multiple people suggested that AWE simulator bracket so if they can’t figure it out I will order those. Please keep me updated if you find a solution once you get under there. Thanks!
I ask the same of you, if you learn anything please pass it on to me, I will do the same. I looked closely at the AWE simulators, it looks like there are stops built in so the driven sprocket travel is limited, maybe thats what the AFM actuators are not sensing without any restrictions? I watched the video that AWE put out and they just bolt on the simulators (metal plates) and Zip tie them under the car, so my ground theory is wrong.
Old 12-27-2020, 08:07 AM   #19
lt4camaro

Quote:
I do not have a code reader/ scan tool, I was thinking of disconnecting the battery to erase the code and just bolting them back up if I do not find or see any obvious issues. Not sure how many guys have successfully did what we have done without any cel issues, and with out tuning out afm or the valve operation and or shutting off the codes.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:09 PM   #20
lt4camaro

Quote:
I took a good look today, no issues anywhere. I disconnected neg cable from the battery , cut the zip ties and bolted the AFM motors back to the exhaust pipes. Have put on 30 miles , stop, start a few times, on a few different trips and errands, no cel. I ordered the AWE simulators today also. I do believe the motorized notched wheel needs to hit stops when in operation just like when they are hooked up to the valves, the valves can only open and close so far so the electric motors have limited open and close travel movement.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:47 AM   #21
Snyper25

Quote:
I took a good look today, no issues anywhere. I disconnected neg cable from the battery , cut the zip ties and bolted the AFM motors back to the exhaust pipes. Have put on 30 miles , stop, start a few times, on a few different trips and errands, no cel. I ordered the AWE simulators today also. I do believe the motorized notched wheel needs to hit stops when in operation just like when they are hooked up to the valves, the valves can only open and close so far so the electric motors have limited open and close travel movement.
When you say you bolted the actuators back to the exhaust, do you still have the valves inside the pipes? Or is it missing the valves but just bolted it on there to see if that fixed the issue? I have an appointment this weekend. I’ll let you know if he figures out what the issue might be.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #22
lt4camaro

Quote:
When you say you bolted the actuators back to the exhaust, do you still have the valves inside the pipes? Or is it missing the valves but just bolted it on there to see if that fixed the issue? I have an appointment this weekend. I’ll let you know if he figures out what the issue might be.
My exhaust is still stock, the valves are in place. Just reinstalled the motors to the stock system still in place. Did over 100 miles in the last couple of days, all is well no cel with everything back to stock. Awe simulators not in stock, I may try and make something in the mean time.
Old 12-30-2020, 02:44 PM   #23
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Quote:
Maybe we need these. It looks like the brkts have stops to simulate what happens with the motors close the valves.

https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...-2-awe-tuning/
I have these..they work well ..no longer have to use my range device in my odb2 port.
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:27 PM   #24
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange ss View Post
I have these..they work well ..no longer have to use my range device in my odb2 port.
I just ordered them, thanks.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #25
Snyper25

Quote:
Did you throw a CEL before buying these? I zip tied my actuators under the car and it throws a CEL then goes away then the CEL comes back on. I’ll probably end up ordering those but I wanted to see if they resolved the issue
Old 01-01-2021, 02:22 PM   #26
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Quote:
Did you throw a CEL before buying these? I zip tied my actuators under the car and it throws a CEL then goes away then the CEL comes back on. I’ll probably end up ordering those but I wanted to see if they resolved the issue
Yes .they stopped the check engine light from coming back on.
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:41 PM   #27
lt4camaro

Quote:
Yes .they stopped the check engine light from coming back on.
I got mine on and have driven 100 miles the last 3 days and no CEL. Have purposely driven a lot in auto mode so afm is working. I can feel and here V4 mode, can tell the AFM valves are staying wide open also. Cannot wait to tune out AFM in a couple of months, wanted to get this CEL issue under control before moving foward 1 step at a time.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:43 PM   #28
lt4camaro

Quote:
Hey snyper25, the AWE simulators keep the light off, get em.