Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-16-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
Gen6

Drives: 2019 ZL1
For your Friday entertainment!!

This video is another example of an incompetent and misinformed sales person, selling a 40K+ car. It is amazing how confident he is about his answer about the transmission. Definitely made me laugh.

Watch the first couple of minutes

https://youtu.be/OkysjnTwEN0

Past: 2017 2SS | Auto| Garnet Red Tintcoat | Adrenaline Red | 6 Piston Brembos | MRC | NPP | Illuminated Front Bowtie | Sunroof | Navigation | Ground effects | Dark tail lights
Gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
WOW the Camaro is a mid engine ultra sport car with dual clutch tran says the car salesman.......lol
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:32 PM   #3
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS

Apparently my 2.0T has the NPP exhaust!
Didn't have the heart to correct the sales dude.
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Anyone coming in to a dealership and knows what they know about a car isn't going to be asking a salesman something they already know the answer to unless they were baiting him. So i'm kinda thinking the driver might be a bit of a jerk since you can be pretty confident that a salesman selling a full lineup of cars isn't going to be an expert in any of them and will be guaranteed to be talking BS at some point because they're sales people. No need to call them out on it.

Last edited by cellsafemode; 09-16-2016 at 04:58 PM. Reason: s/than/that
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:39 PM   #5
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Anyone coming in to a dealership and knows what they know about a car isn't going to be asking a salesman something they already know the answer to unless they were baiting him. So i'm kinda thinking the driver might be a bit of a jerk since you can be pretty confident that a salesman selling a full lineup of cars isn't going to be an expert in any of them and will be guaranteed to be talking BS at some point because they're sales people. No need to call them out on it.
Quite the contrary.

I had a hard time finding a salesman who knew as much about the Camaro as I do. I call them out then tell them they lost my business.

The first guy wh actually knew this is a different V8 from the 5th gen got my business.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:34 PM   #6
Gen6

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I guess we all have different expectations from a sales person, but I believe that a good sales person needs to know the product that he/she is selling. Especially if they are selling a sports car, since the clientele for Camaro/Corvette is different than the one who buys an Impala or a Tahoe. Also, in this day and age how hard is it to learn Chevy's portfolio? After all it is their job to educate customers and knowing a type of transmission on a sports car does not require deep level mechanical knowledge.

Past: 2017 2SS | Auto| Garnet Red Tintcoat | Adrenaline Red | 6 Piston Brembos | MRC | NPP | Illuminated Front Bowtie | Sunroof | Navigation | Ground effects | Dark tail lights
Gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:54 PM   #7
Branight

Drives: 2016 2SS White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6 View Post
This video is another example of an incompetent and misinformed sales person, selling a 40K+ car. It is amazing how confident he is about his answer about the transmission. Definitely made me laugh.

Watch the first couple of minutes

https://youtu.be/OkysjnTwEN0
Par for the course I'm afraid...

2016 2SS M6, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Nav, mostly stock.
Branight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #8
jasonsk287

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
I spoke to a salesman at a local dealership who tried to tell me that a Turbo 4 1LT has MRC. When I told him "um I'm pretty sure that's an option on SS models" he insisted. So I just let him speak. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jasonsk287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #9
dmj25

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS A8 Red Garnet NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsk287 View Post
I spoke to a salesman at a local dealership who tried to tell me that a Turbo 4 1LT has MRC. When I told him "um I'm pretty sure that's an option on SS models" he insisted. So I just let him speak. Lol

Wow lol. Does the turbo 4 also have the duel clutch transmission?
dmj25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #10
jasonsk287

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
I think it has Active Fuel Management too!!!

jasonsk287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:21 PM   #11
Lord Dirt

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
When I sold cars I made sure I knew quite a bit about them. Dealerships have programs salesmen can take to learn a lot about each vehicle they will be selling. People are usually very well informed before they hit a dealership now.
GARNET RED TINTCOAT 2SS, A8, NPP DUAL EXHAUST, MY LINK AUDIO SYSTEM W/NAV, 20" Staccato M183 Black Niche Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 Tires, ROTO-FAB CAI, Black ZL1 Spoiler, DARKEST LEGAL TINT, Black "SS" TIRE VALVE STEMS, CAMARO SS LICENSE PLATE FRAME
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:13 PM   #12
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dirt View Post
When I sold cars I made sure I knew quite a bit about them. Dealerships have programs salesmen can take to learn a lot about each vehicle they will be selling. People are usually very well informed before they hit a dealership now.
I'm sure they do. But I have all the time to learn all the little bits about the one car I care about and they have to learn about all the cars their dealership sells. On top of their non-work life.

I just don't think a minor technical detail mixed up here and there matters. But then I don't rely on a salesperson to inform me on my purchase. That's my responsibility.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:59 AM   #13
Vectors2Final

Drives: 17' Camaro 2SS 16' Jeep GC SRT
Quote:
I sold cars for two years. Product knowledge was my top priority. Not just one, but all. I would not buy the excuse that he was confused about what car he was in.
Vectors2Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:10 AM   #14
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Quite the contrary.

I had a hard time finding a salesman who knew as much about the Camaro as I do. I call them out then tell them they lost my business.

The first guy wh actually knew this is a different V8 from the 5th gen got my business.
Quote:
A good salesperson is going to take the time to know the basics of every car in the line up. Now, Chevrolet has a pretty extensive line, so the savvy salesperson is going to know the details of what the customer looking at a particular car are interested in the most. Whether it be the tech gadgets like MyLink, Carplay, etc. The fuel ratings for the econoboxes, the hauling capacity, power and torque for trucks etc. You get the picture.

But keep in mind. If your heading to the dealership to look at the Camaro, I would suggest first, find the sales manager. Don't diddle around the lot looking at cars, or wander around the showroom waiting for salesperson to do a meet and greet. Go the manager. I say that because they know the salespeople and they will get you with the one that can answer your questions about this car.

Remember that we as enthusiasts, have a wide knowledge base to draw from, and we have the time to spend researching this one vehicle. I guarantee that by the time we walk into the dealership, we are the most knowledgeable person in the room about this car, and if you're about to drop 40-50 grand on the car, and if, in this age of info, you're not the most informed, you are definitely the biggest fool in the room. Point is, baiting the salesperson is a pointless process of personal ego inflation.

A salesperson is going to know the most about the cars they sell the most, and I promise you, it's not the Camaro or the Corvette. They can probably tell you more than you want to know about the Cruze, the Malibu, the Silverado as these are the cars that feed the family. Typical salesperson, might sell a handful of SS Camaro's in a year, and those customers typically will already know what they want...it's almost a sign and drive deal.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote