Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #169
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, White w/Black Stripes
Here is an update from Dan on the new design! Looks like they have done their homework and made the required changes to make this product perform to Camaro5 standard. Here is the message I received from Dan this morning:

To be honest in the early stages we did have a few minor issues. We have had many compliments on the light, however a few negative ones may lurk in forums, the touble is negative ones seem to stick. Although there could be truth in some of them. The first 100 may have experienced coating issues, this may make some LED's come on when the light got wet. The radio receiver had some electrical noise on it, reducing the range of the remote. We have sold over 230 Camaro lights now. The coating has much improved over this time, now coated in black epoxy resin then a second coat of black rubber sealent. The radio receiver has a large capacitor on it which greatly reduces the electrical noise, improving the range of the receiver.
You have a right to have your doubts, and with it being from another country too probably dosn't help. I beleive the product is up to scratch now. Anything that had been mentioned on early models has been addressed and improved. We are always looking for ways to improve the product including new patterns etc.. Last year we took a ramdom light from the batch we were making and gave it some harsh testing, in a block of ice, water, and hot water, the tests can be seen here

http://www.camaro-scanners.co.uk/con...ht-Reliability
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #170
3BVert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
For what it's worth, I was in the first 100 and did have the issue with moisture. Dan took care of it, no questions asked. It was a new product and some had problems but I've never read anyone that wasn't satisfied with their problem resolution.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #171
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
I have to say, I received my replacement and YEs the new sealing treatment looks a lot better. Everything seems to work. His customer service was great. If you want your camaro to stand out then this is a no brainer.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #172
ESqezMe
Banned

Drives: 10 IOM 1SS
so which one is a better buy vs reliability and hassle with the product?
ESqezMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #173
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS View Post
Thanks Sean! What color is yours? I ordered from AAC and they did not match the Halos that I ordered from them. Not to mention, the install process requires modification of the mail slot. On a good note AAC did say they would refund so I am pleased with their customer service.

I also received an email from Dan saying that he will be working on my order and they are currently about 4 weeks behind. That is fine by me and would much rather have a solid product that I wait for than one that is done in a hurry and needs to be replaced several times.
I went with red & blue car shows and cruise-ins only

Old 02-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #174
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESqezMe View Post
so which one is a better buy vs reliability and hassle with the product?

After looking at the one from AAC and the installation process. I would say that the one from Dan is the overall winner. Installation and customer service has him on top. I am in no way bashing AAC. I have most of their products available on my car and for the most part their customer service/products have been outstanding. I was not happy with the color of the "Amber" because it simply did not match my other AAC products. There are three factors that I think make Dans better. 1) Installation is simple and doesn't require modification to the car; and 2) The flow of the lights look much better. I think that has been confirmed by most people on this thread; 3) From what I can tell, Dan has gone through leaps and bounds in efforts to improve his product since introduction which also makes a huge difference in its quality. Hats off to him for that.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #175
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS

Sean,

That looks awesome! Nice flow with the lights. Can't wait to get mine. I am working on getting Dan some exposure next month at our event here in Fayetteville NC. We are doing a huge track event called Camaros for Heroes to benefit the Wounded Warriar Foundation. I hope to have mine installed for that and Dan has expressed interest in being a sponsor for the event. Seems like an all around great guy. Hoping for a huge turn out so, if anyone reading this thread is in the area at the end of March, be sure to stop by for a really cool event. Gonna be drag, raffles, door prizes, t-shirts, car show, and a kids corner. I would also like to mention that every dime, and I MEAN EVERY DIME is going to the Wounded Warriar Foundation. There is little overhead with the exception of paying for the shirts upfront. Local businesses have helped to make this a great way to give back to our Heroes. Pass the word!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #176
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
where did you guys get yours? I saw the site in the UK.. I'm looking to get orange as well, but I want to make sure I get quality and it sounds like you are all happy with yours. Thanks in advance!
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #177
Silver Ice Man

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring limited edition
I haven't used mine since back in Oct, as I have put her away for winter, but prior to that I loved it, real attention getter in parking lots, and car shows.
So far mine has worked great, and the support from the guys has been good as well.
I run a dual color red and blue set up. Here is a link to what it looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Teamcrag.../0/A1cPc2dR4dU
MODS: CIA cold air intake, Oil catch can, Dynatech LT Headers, Dynatech Power cats, Dynatech Cat back exhaust, Janetty racing tune, Vitesse throttle controller, Headlight and marker tint, more to follow....
Silver Ice Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:33 AM   #178
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS

I installed mine about two weeks ago and it matches my Amber Halos perfectly! I ordered the one from AAC but it didn't match at all. It had more of a yellow to it than orange. The scanner I got from UK was a perfect fit, and works really nice. It has great scanning and is smooth. I have received numorous comments on how nice it fits and looks. The kids really dig it too!

I also have to add that Dan donated two of his lights for our Camaros for Heroes event held at Fayetteville, NC hosted by Camaro South. All the proceeds went to the Wounded Warrior Project. His donation helped raise a little over $4000.00 for the cause. Lets just say the competitor didn't offer up anything. I will leave it at that. I love AAC products, but this one is a specialty item that was done correctly. Also, his customer service has been awesome. Well worth the wait for it to arrive (about two weeks.)
Old 04-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #179
RedWS600

Drives: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Crush View Post
where did you guys get yours? I saw the site in the UK.. I'm looking to get orange as well, but I want to make sure I get quality and it sounds like you are all happy with yours. Thanks in advance!
Buying from other countries is always a concern. I could say all sorts about the product, but I think hearing form other customers gives a bit of confidence. If you have any questions just email me.

GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS - Glad it matched the halos well, that light was the KS4264O if anyone else wanted to match the amber halos. Very pleased the Help the heros event went well.

Sorry I havn't been on the forum much recently. I have been getting many lights ready for shipping. 12 went off today, and more will be shipping Wednesday. As some of you may have noticed there is a note on our website saying orders could take up to 12weeks. Orders should be made and despatched within 4 weeks, but some may take a little longer. We are also moving house soon so alot of time will be eaten up with that.

Well I have packed 7 lights that do not have homes to go to. So for a change I actually have stock. No point just putting a few on the website. The colours are as follows.
Blue - sold
Green
Red&Blue x 1 - was 4, 3 sold
Orange - sold

So if these were to be ordered through our website then they would ship straight away. I'll try to keep this thread updated as they get sold.

More are being made, just had a delivery last week of enough circuit boards to make 100 lights, these now have all the electronic components put on towards the end of last week, just needs LED's and cable now. Its by all means no mass production, components are placed by machine and flow soldered, some components are soldered by hand. Two levels of protective coating and testing all takes time (it feels like it takes far longer than expected). Its worth it though.

Scanning lights for the 2010 Camaro http://www.camaro-scanners.co.uk

Last edited by RedWS600; 04-08-2011 at 02:50 AM.
RedWS600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #180
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS

Keep them rolling Dan....Outstanding product!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #181
RedWS600

Drives: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
A new control board has been made, it has more capacity for more patterns. Also has a few more extra features too. One of them being longer range on the remote control.
Some time back with the current control board I asked if anyone had ideas of patterns to be programmed, on of them turned out to be the heartbeat pattern. So if anyone wants to see their program in a light(sorry no commission) then it can be done. Many more tests need to be run on the new boards before it becomes part of the product.

Scanning lights for the 2010 Camaro http://www.camaro-scanners.co.uk

Last edited by RedWS600; 04-05-2011 at 08:19 AM.
RedWS600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #182
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS

Dan,

a friend of mine is interested in an RGB. Any chance for the design of one of those in the future?