Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 02-23-2020, 05:48 AM   #1
Robby23

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Wideband Bung

I am about to install my bung and i have been looking around on placement. I am installing headers as well that have catless connection pipes. Just got my headers freshly ceramic coated and don't want to weld in a bung on them if i don't have to. I've read put it before the cat because after the cat can make your readings off but since I am catless could I just put in right into the catless connection pipe?
Robby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:39 AM   #2
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
I would go behind. So if you wanted to pull the wideband and install the rear o2s someday you just weld in one more bung on the other side
Old 02-23-2020, 11:43 PM   #3
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
should have had the bung put in befor they were coated but its no big deal to put one in after.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:06 AM   #4
Robby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
should have had the bung put in befor they were coated but its no big deal to put one in after.
Lessons were learned. First time needing to do a wideband.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:18 PM   #5
JCunningham

you only need the bung if your going to be installing a gauge. if your getting a dyno tune they will remove your narrow band o2s and use those holes.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 02-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #6
Robby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
you only need the bung if your going to be installing a gauge. if your getting a dyno tune they will remove your narrow band o2s and use those holes.
Yeah I got the hp tuner, wideband and aem x series gauge. Getting a pray tune remote. Next winter gonna try to sell gauge used and get a gauge that can show a/f and e-85 content when I do heads/cam. Just doing all the bolt ons this winter.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:16 AM   #7
JCunningham

I have a Innovative 3903 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/inn-3903. I have HP Tuners set up to read it. serial to usb.