Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-31-2020, 06:30 PM   #57
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
I ordered Hotchkis front sway bar and BMR rear sway bar after speaking with Ryephile. I've learned They're both 30% stiffer in the middle hole
I cannot wait to test them after I get a baseline with OEM bars
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:11 AM   #58
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
I ordered Hotchkis front sway bar and BMR rear sway bar after speaking with Ryephile. I've learned They're both 30% stiffer in the middle hole
I cannot wait to test them after I get a baseline with OEM bars
Wondering if there is a reason to go with stiffer sway bars rather than stiffer springs or vice versa? Or both?

I now have YYZ springs in my ZL1 because I’m going to be using SC3R tires this season (as well as 19” wheels) and aside from giving the car a slightly lower stance I thought these springs would be the best at handling the extra grip of the tires and reducing any increased body roll.
They seem to be the most performance orientated springs, as that is what the makers (Powell Racing) intended them for, with progressive spring rates that start out the same as the stock levels but then progressively get much stiffer.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #59
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Wondering if there is a reason to go with stiffer sway bars rather than stiffer springs or vice versa? Or both?

I now have YYZ springs in my ZL1 because I’m going to be using SC3R tires this season (as well as 19” wheels) and aside from giving the car a slightly lower stance I thought these springs would be the best at handling the extra grip of the tires and reducing any increased body roll.
They seem to be the most performance orientated springs, as that is what the makers (Powell Racing) intended them for, with progressive spring rates that start out the same as the stock levels but then progressively get much stiffer.
If you increase spring rate there are two things to consider 1. street ride quality (if you care) and 2. how the springs work with the MRC (not an issue with a controller). With sway bars, you can increase rate and not destroy your street ride quality as much and you also mess with the MRC less/less quickly. Personally, when tuning a car's suspension, I want to work with the springs and dampers and then add in sway bars for fine adjustment to needs.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:09 PM   #60
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
If you increase spring rate there are two things to consider 1. street ride quality (if you care) and 2. how the springs work with the MRC (not an issue with a controller). With sway bars, you can increase rate and not destroy your street ride quality as much and you also mess with the MRC less/less quickly. Personally, when tuning a car's suspension, I want to work with the springs and dampers and then add in sway bars for fine adjustment to needs.

yup i have afe power swaybars powergrind endlinks and yyz springs and his prototype shocks my buddy whos a wheel to wheel racer and also has done time attack rode in my car yesterday on track with me and told me the car feels super nice and planted and really wanted to drive it lol but didnt want him to beat my time or crash my car haha
Old 02-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #61
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Thanks for the feedback, makes sense, I’ve heard the same thing.

Ride quality is still good (subjective of course) and I guess I figured since they tested the springs with the MRC that they took this into account and hopefully did a good job combining them to work well together.

Either way we will see what I notice on the track the season and go from there before making any more changes.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #62
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
yup i have afe power swaybars powergrind endlinks and yyz springs and his prototype shocks my buddy whos a wheel to wheel racer and also has done time attack rode in my car yesterday on track with me and told me the car feels super nice and planted and really wanted to drive it lol but didnt want him to beat my time or crash my car haha
Haha That’s some good feedback, how is the ride on the street?

Does he have any test data yet?