Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-03-2022, 06:35 AM   #1
Kenobi13

Drives: 2021 chevy camaro LT1
Engine light blinking for 10 seconds? 550whp muatang dyno?

Hey guys so I recently got my car tuned and modded. I got p1sc procharger full kit, lt4 high pressure fuel pump. msd intake manifold,103 throttle body, kooks long tube headers with off road connection pipes and gt haus valvtronic exhaust. Also got catch can and msd spark plugs and custom tune. So my tuner was doing dyno on mustang dyno and he said it made around 540-550whp which is like 620whp on dyno jet. But I don't think the numbers can be that different from each other? Also I noticed my transmission started lagging around 5-6RPM or it gears up too early or too late that I get like 1 second delay.
Also I was recently pushing the gas and then I started braking so car automatically started gearing down and it started the pop and bang exhaust shooting and I got the engine light flashing for like 10 second while i was on red light and then I start driving and it got away. I check in GM it was saying this.

Flashing check engine light is the misfire notification. If it starts and goes away then it is a random misfire, if it continues and wont go away then stop driving.
Also it said that you get this notification when the fuel is being dumped in to the exhaust system and it can cause some big problems.

So did anybody got engine light flashing for 10 seconds and what was the issue?
Also what you guys think about the 550whp on mustang dyno? Is it really 620whp on dyno jet ?

Thank you for your attention.
Kenobi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:27 AM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Dyno numbers are for comparison only, what were your base HP numbers? Looking at the delta change after mods is all that number is good for. Dynos can be calibrated, so you cant take a number from one random dyno and assume that equals something else on a completely different machine.

A drag strip will better tell you the power you're making, trap speed for example is a good indicator.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:48 AM   #3
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
I would take it to another tuner immediately. That or I would get a scanner and start logging and working with a reputable tuner. I use Ricki Fast and he absolutely transformed the way my car ran. ESPECIALLY my trans. Getting the trans right was the single biggest improvement we made on my car through the 3.5 years of having it built.

A flashing check engine light is not a matter to be taken lightly as i'm sure you are aware. I'd run different plugs also but thats just me......
Old 02-03-2022, 09:26 AM   #4
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
It will start misfiring like that when you get a bunch of spark knock and the PCM pulls a bunch of timing. Be careful!

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 04:48 PM   #5
Kenobi13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Dyno numbers are for comparison only, what were your base HP numbers? Looking at the delta change after mods is all that number is good for. Dynos can be calibrated, so you cant take a number from one random dyno and assume that equals something else on a completely different machine.

A drag strip will better tell you the power you're making, trap speed for example is a good indicator.

Got it thank you
Old 02-03-2022, 04:49 PM   #6
Kenobi13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
I would take it to another tuner immediately. That or I would get a scanner and start logging and working with a reputable tuner. I use Ricki Fast and he absolutely transformed the way my car ran. ESPECIALLY my trans. Getting the trans right was the single biggest improvement we made on my car through the 3.5 years of having it built.

A flashing check engine light is not a matter to be taken lightly as i'm sure you are aware. I'd run different plugs also but thats just me......

Yea I should do that thank you
Old 02-03-2022, 04:50 PM   #7
Kenobi13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
It will start misfiring like that when you get a bunch of spark knock and the PCM pulls a bunch of timing. Be careful!

-Geoff

So is there any way to fix that and not get that problem? Is it really dangerous?Thank you

Last edited by Kenobi13; 02-03-2022 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2022, 05:12 PM   #8
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
You need to read and understand the codes it's throwing, so have your dealer read them, or buy HP Tuners or
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote