#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-14-2022, 07:44 PM   #29
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
well these bigger tanks aren't going to do much. they are metal and hold a lot of fluid. once up to temp which takes what? 20 mins of driving? it'll KEEP that temp probably for a very long time! a large plastic tank or even the small plastic tanks like that ADM are probably best.
Works great with a chiller

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 08:40 PM   #30
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
You can also jump the relay with a fused jumper to run the pump while the engine is off to making bleeding easier
If you have HP Tuners you can also enable it.
Old 06-19-2022, 09:08 PM   #31
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
You can also jump the relay with a fused jumper to run the pump while the engine is off to making bleeding easier
Then you have to do this all the time. The expansion tank does it for you and you don't have to guess if you have air in the system or not.

It pays for itself when GM should have put one in, in the first place.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 08:45 AM   #32
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Sorry should have clarified, once you install the tank or empty and refill the system this is what I did. The hptuners way is cool, was just easier for me at the time to jump the relay
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 08:50 AM   #33
LiqTenExp

I have the Cordes ~1 gallon tank and thinking of going to one of these with a hope that MAT will be cooler due to the fact the tank won't be in the engine bay.

Right now I run 40°F +/- 10 over my IAT1 temp with stock intercoolers and Magnuson 2300, would like to see that knocked down another 10° at least with this change over. Thoughts?
Old 06-20-2022, 08:53 AM   #34
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
I have the Cordes ~1 gallon tank and thinking of going to one of these with a hope that MAT will be cooler due to the fact the tank won't be in the engine bay.

Right now I run 40°F +/- 10 over my IAT1 temp with stock intercoolers and Magnuson 2300, would like to see that knocked down another 10° at least with this change over. Thoughts?

Great question... I am surprised that i can find any real data for testing on these.
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 12:28 PM   #35
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:

I don’t really think it’s going to change much tbh. I didn’t really notice any difference. There’s just so much heat soaking into the blower at all times from it sitting atop of the engine.

Trunk tank with ice or a chiller. I usually stay about ambient or 10 degrees above to a certain temp. When it gets past 85-95F I actually stay at ambient or slightly lower.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:42 PM   #36
LiqTenExp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
I don’t really think it’s going to change much tbh. I didn’t really notice any difference. There’s just so much heat soaking into the blower at all times from it sitting atop of the engine.

Trunk tank with ice or a chiller. I usually stay about ambient or 10 degrees above to a certain temp. When it gets past 85-95F I actually stay at ambient or slightly lower.
That is good info, saved me $600.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:46 PM   #37
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
That is good info, saved me $600.

I agree, my gut tells me if there was a noticeable improvement, someone would have done the back to back testing, and posted or advertised the data...

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
Old 06-21-2022, 06:46 PM   #38
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
I agree, my gut tells me if there was a noticeable improvement, someone would have done the back to back testing, and posted or advertised the data...

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Am i the only one surprised by the lack of testing / data on these?

Anyone found some yet?
Old 06-28-2023, 09:00 AM   #39
ZL1...SON

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
This is all I have.
How was the installation process of the Synergy fender tank? Did you have to remove the fender? From one of the pictures I have seen in the past and where it looks like the hoses tap in, it looks like pulling the front fascia off may have been required?
Rotofab CAI, Banks Idash, AEM X series wideband, CSP 2" headers, Jet hot 2500 ceramic coating, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, DMS Fender Tank, Velossatech Big Mouth, JMS Fuel Booster, MPI Billet Lid, Jokerz race port, 2.30" upper, 107mm Soler TB, 160°F Billet DMS, Big Gulp, LPE Big Bore HPFP, XDI +30, ECM & TCM tuned by Elite Tuned, Atturo 315 AZ850DR
ZL1...SON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 10:37 AM   #40
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1...SON View Post
How was the installation process of the Synergy fender tank? Did you have to remove the fender? From one of the pictures I have seen in the past and where it looks like the hoses tap in, it looks like pulling the front fascia off may have been required?

Install was moderate... just pull the tire, and fender lining... then cut one hose to the drivers side aux HX and splice in the new hose to and from the fender tank. My issue with my yank, that i didnt realize until later, is that i think they sent me the wrong one. I had to cut some metal out of the fender area in order to fit, and had to add extra bracing for it to stay put, and not touch the inside of the fender. I still think this is a great solution for added capacity, with the benefit of the bleeder, I just wish I had the tank meant for my car :(
Old 07-23-2023, 12:23 AM   #41
flyinmach1

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Install was moderate... just pull the tire, and fender lining... then cut one hose to the drivers side aux HX and splice in the new hose to and from the fender tank. My issue with my yank, that i didnt realize until later, is that i think they sent me the wrong one. I had to cut some metal out of the fender area in order to fit, and had to add extra bracing for it to stay put, and not touch the inside of the fender. I still think this is a great solution for added capacity, with the benefit of the bleeder, I just wish I had the tank meant for my car :(
Where did you purchase the Synergy fender tank? Did you ever figure out if you were sent the wrong tank or not? How about some data before and after your install? Any significant changes noticed in IAT2 temps with the fender tank? I want to add the fender tank and an aux fan in front of my heat exchanger to hopefully keep temps under control when idling or stop and go traffic. Long staging lines at the drag strip are murder, IAT2 temps reaching 180 plus!

Side note: I find it interesting how the ZL1 utilizes one of the aux heat exchangers for the IC circuit, (driver's side I believe) but has no significant cooling issues within the engine coolant circuit. The SS uses both aux heat exchangers plus the main radiator for engine coolant circuit, obviously no stock SC is on an LT1 engine. All the searching I've done tells me the main radiators are exactly the same between the SS and ZL1. Thinking about tapping into my driver's side aux heat exchanger to supplement my IC coolant circuit. The Maggie 2650 and LT headers heat up my SS engine bay pretty fast when I'm in stop and go traffic a lot. Something's got to help, and I'm not too interested in the trunk tank or interchiller idea just yet.
flyinmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 11:44 AM   #42
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinmach1 View Post
Where did you purchase the Synergy fender tank? Did you ever figure out if you were sent the wrong tank or not? How about some data before and after your install? Any significant changes noticed in IAT2 temps with the fender tank? I want to add the fender tank and an aux fan in front of my heat exchanger to hopefully keep temps under control when idling or stop and go traffic. Long staging lines at the drag strip are murder, IAT2 temps reaching 180 plus!

Side note: I find it interesting how the ZL1 utilizes one of the aux heat exchangers for the IC circuit, (driver's side I believe) but has no significant cooling issues within the engine coolant circuit. The SS uses both aux heat exchangers plus the main radiator for engine coolant circuit, obviously no stock SC is on an LT1 engine. All the searching I've done tells me the main radiators are exactly the same between the SS and ZL1. Thinking about tapping into my driver's side aux heat exchanger to supplement my IC coolant circuit. The Maggie 2650 and LT headers heat up my SS engine bay pretty fast when I'm in stop and go traffic a lot. Something's got to help, and I'm not too interested in the trunk tank or interchiller idea just yet.
Sorry, no before and after data, as i did this while the motor was out, and at the same time I added power and the banks idash...

What I can tell you is that during dyno and street pulls, my IAT.3's go down, not up. in 92 degree weather, my IAT.3's have never gone above 152F.

Although I also customized mt fans settings to help a bit while the car is not moving. In general, i feel this was a great addition, and it is no doubt helping.