Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-17-2021, 02:03 PM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
sounds like a exhaust leak at the header flange.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:11 AM   #16
17MaroSS

Drives: 17 2SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
sounds like a exhaust leak at the header flange.
It kind of did but we checked all exhaust bolts and all was good there. It was definitely the lifters. We ripped everything apart yesterday and now the wait begins for heads and cam to arrive. Apparently no one in the entire country has pushrods. The cam and related parts Will arrive much sooner than heads, so we might just throw that in so at least I can enjoy the summer with the car
Old 05-20-2021, 09:34 AM   #17
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17MaroSS View Post
It kind of did but we checked all exhaust bolts and all was good there. It was definitely the lifters. We ripped everything apart yesterday and now the wait begins for heads and cam to arrive. Apparently no one in the entire country has pushrods. The cam and related parts Will arrive much sooner than heads, so we might just throw that in so at least I can enjoy the summer with the car
Just because the bolts are tight doesn't mean it isn't leaking. I have not personally bolted on any LT1 heads myself, but I have done a lot of LSx's which are similar. I had a 99 Camaro once that I had so many header leaks on that I finally coated both sides of a new factory gasket with copper RTV to get it quieted down. And that was with new factory L92 heads and new Kooks headers.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:38 AM   #18
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17MaroSS View Post
I would try to post on the Facebook buy/sell page for the 6th gen camaro as well as a want to buy thread here on camaro6 for your pushrods. Someone is bound to have a set for sale, just make sure you purchase the correct length for your set up.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #19
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
got any pics of the bad lifter?