Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-19-2020, 02:08 PM   #155
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by threetime View Post
What is to understand, I didn't mention the rest of that. None of that was in question, hell I have read everything the same as you, but you're saying things I didn't say.
Go back and read what -I- said. It forms a bigger picture that demonstrates that what you said is a very specific "point-of-view" type of comment. I demonstrated, by providing a bigger picture, that it is 100% possible that the dealership would "make his payment" - it could ultimately come down to how the details are thought about and seen as to whether it would get classified this way.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #156
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
The dealership is not obligated to make the payments, but they may. I had a 2007 Yukon that needed a paint correction done. The paint was so thin in a few areas that I could see the primer below it. It came from factory like that and I didn't notice it until I took delivery of the vehicle. Totally my fault for not seeing it before buying. Long story short...they had my vehicle for about three weeks. When I went to pick it up I mentioned (jokingly) that I made a payment on a car I've barely even driven over the past month. The dealership said they could help with that and gave me a partial payment (I think 1/3 the amount). Anyway, some dealerships might if they want. But, they certainly did not HAVE to do that.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:41 PM   #157
threetime
*PIMP*

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Go back and read what -I- said. It forms a bigger picture that demonstrates that what you said is a very specific "point-of-view" type of comment. I demonstrated, by providing a bigger picture, that it is 100% possible that the dealership would "make his payment" - it could ultimately come down to how the details are thought about and seen as to whether it would get classified this way.
No, sorry, they will not make his payments, not today, tomorrow, or next week. Name one instance ever that a dealership, person, business damaged some ones car and made their payments till it was repaired. They will give him a rental and pay for damages, and possibly diminished value depending on the laws of the OP's state. Hell according to you, maybe the OP can get the dealership to make his house payments too, just tell them he couldn't drive to work because he had no car. Dude knock it off.
threetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:44 PM   #158
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
No, sorry, they will not make his payments, not today, tomorrow, or next week. Name one instance ever that a dealership, person, business damaged some ones car and made their payments till it was repaired. They will give him a rental and pay for damages, and possibly diminished value depending on the laws of the OP's state. Hell according to you, maybe the OP can get the dealership to make his house payments too, just tell them he couldn't drive to work because he had no car. Dude knock it off.
Funny how you posted this right after someone just confirmed that a dealer DID compensate them in a somewhat related way to payments when a car was out of service for an extended period for a repair...

Your statements are definitive ("they will not make his payments") and that is what makes them incorrect. There is a low LIKELIHOOD of them making the payments. But the previous post proves you wrong.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #159
threetime
*PIMP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Funny how you posted this right after someone just confirmed that a dealer DID compensate them in a somewhat related way to payments when a car was out of service for an extended period for a repair...

Your statements are definitive ("they will not make his payments") and that is what makes them incorrect. There is a low LIKELIHOOD of them making the payments. But the previous post proves you wrong.
Ok guy, whatever, they threw a couple bucks for his trouble, yeah that's making a payment. They could have given him some floor mats for his trouble and you would consider that a car payment.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #160
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
depending on the state the OP can sue for loss of use of the vehicle under tort law. but it depends on the state and their formula for figuring the loss. The dealer is the at fault party. this is not a auto insurance claim so it doesn't matter what the auto insurance industry standards are. The at fault party is 100% at fault and if the OP wants damages for Loosing the use of his vehicle due to the dealers negligence then he will be entitled to such. So yes in a way they are responsible for paying his payment the diminished value or total loss of the vehicle and any cost incurred by him not being able to use his vehicle.
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #161
threetime
*PIMP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
depending on the state the OP can sue for loss of use of the vehicle under tort law. but it depends on the state and their formula for figuring the loss. The dealer is the at fault party. this is not a auto insurance claim so it doesn't matter what the auto insurance industry standards are. The at fault party is 100% at fault and if the OP wants damages for Loosing the use of his vehicle due to the dealers negligence then he will be entitled to such. So yes in a way they are responsible for paying his payment the diminished value or total loss of the vehicle and any cost incurred by him not being able to use his vehicle.
OP is in Texas and Texas only recognizes Loss-Of-Use if vehicle is a total loss. That being said, the dealer only has to issue a rental car and LOU is invalid. I get your point though, but, you can't pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes. Loss-of-use is a lawsuit and considered damages, not paying a car payment.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:17 PM   #162
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Well Mrs. Number 3’s XT4 sorta had a major problem with the cam shaft indexing system (AFM). They had the SUV for 30 days. They made not only a monthly payment they also covered OnStar and XM for the month we We’re without The vehicle. So there is at least one case.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:48 PM   #163
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Well Mrs. Number 3’s XT4 sorta had a major problem with the cam shaft indexing system (AFM). They had the SUV for 30 days. They made not only a monthly payment they also covered OnStar and XM for the month we We’re without The vehicle. So there is at least one case.
However, that was a warranty issue. The question then is, did GM make the payment or did the dealership?

In this case, GM has no dog in the fight. The dealership doesn't have to make the payments, especially if they are providing transportation for the O.P. Although, it would be damn nice of them to do so.

Of course, considering the body shop's estimate of what needs done, there is a good argument that the O.P. could retain a lawyer and get the dealership to make ALL of the remaining payments, in lieu of returning the O.P a car with a structural damage classification.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:51 PM   #164
BlackKnight2SS18
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 2SS Redline
Wow. What was he on? That’s some serious damage. Did he not see or hear the door hitting the beam? I’d be very angry. Just for an oil change?

Looks like the door was bent backwards quite a way with a lot of force.
BlackKnight2SS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:54 PM   #165
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight2SS18 View Post
Wow. What was he on? That’s some serious damage. Did he not see or hear the door hitting the beam? I’d be very angry. Just for an oil change?

Looks like the door was bent backwards quite a way with a lot of force.
Sounds like a case of high as a kite
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:58 PM   #166
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Seems like a severe case of carelessness to me.