Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 10-03-2018, 03:14 AM   #1
Tha_Infamous_E

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Anyone tried this see-through hood?!

Was interested in the AA version of this, but seems like they're just delaying the release currently: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530726

Found this look-alike that also has the side and front vent hooves which the AA ones don't have: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...3e1459adhv8Y2U

Tha_Infamous_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Looks cool. But the AA one being aluminum was my main attraction. Cf and fg hoods usually require hood pins if doing anything other than a cars and coffee gathering.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
meh
Old 10-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Looks cool. But the AA one being aluminum was my main attraction. Cf and fg hoods usually require hood pins if doing anything other than a cars and coffee gathering.
TSP's H/C car has an Anderson copo cf hood, and it does not have pins.

and I think it does more than cars and coffee gatherings....

Disclaimer: I realize there is a disclaimer that you should use them on their website, but hell... kooks has a disclaimer not to use their off road pipes on the highway... and well.. how many people do that?

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
all aftermarket fiberglass or carbon fiber hoods will put a note that says requires hood pins

i would always use them shit even my stock hood had a problem flying up on my first track day lol
Old 10-04-2018, 08:46 PM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
TSP's H/C car has an Anderson copo cf hood, and it does not have pins.

and I think it does more than cars and coffee gatherings....

Disclaimer: I realize there is a disclaimer that you should use them on their website, but hell... kooks has a disclaimer not to use their off road pipes on the highway... and well.. how many people do that?
Using kooks headers... vs having a hood flying up backwards smashing your windsheild and front roof portion... are two way different issues that shouldnt even be compared out of common sense and basic caveman logic.

I have yet to see a set of headers come off from speed and or airflow and smash up the front end of a car...

Over the past 2 decades i have seen many cf and fg hood do so...you can google the action and see many examples.

In bold is what i refer to from your post, theres a reason theyre suggested.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 10-04-2018, 11:16 PM   #7
danhr
BAMF SS

Quote:
Using kooks headers... vs having a hood flying up backwards smashing your windsheild and front roof portion... are two way different issues that shouldnt even be compared out of common sense and basic caveman logic.

I have yet to see a set of headers come off from speed and or airflow and smash up the front end of a car...

Over the past 2 decades i have seen many cf and fg hood do so...you can google the action and see many examples.

In bold is what i refer to from your post, theres a reason theyre suggested.

Stock Longblock

Old 10-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #8
PolynesianPowerhouse

Well i guess some cant keep the sh*t to shoe level.

Im still waiting for how you can compare kooks headers being offroad (emissions) to a composite hood that even the producers recommend use of hood pins on their site for the exact reason i mentioned.

You can put up lil cute bs emojis, surely you can put up some kinda facts to base your ridiculousness?

The simple fact its as you disclaimed its listed on their site, should be a no brainer.

2nd one should be composites will degrade and weaken over time. Having the hood latch go when you're doing a hundred plus or even something as simple as 75 isn't exactly something that they will want to be liable for.

As far as headers being offroad.... emissions? I.e. no cats. How do you even begin to compare the two outside of a cover our ass situation?

The reasons for hood pins have nothing to do with emissions as headers being offroad do....

Either way, ill just leave this here:

https://youtu.be/xJJxVcPIc7I

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 10-05-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #9
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
had carbon on my previous cars never had any issues and i visited mexico at least 2-3 times a week. I guess i got lucky. However, i think that issue was mainly on cars that have the hood completely to the front of the car (over the bumper). While in the Camaro the hood is actually behind which avoids (to an extent) air getting pushed under the hood, but over the hood causing the air to pressing down the hood.

When i got my car i noticed a lot of movement from my stock hood. And it coincidentally stopped after i took apart my bumper (for something else) and actually brought down the hood to a more "level" position hood/bumper ratio.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #10
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
had carbon on my previous cars never had any issues and i visited mexico at least 2-3 times a week. I guess i got lucky. However, i think that issue was mainly on cars that have the hood completely to the front of the car (over the bumper). While in the Camaro the hood is actually behind which avoids (to an extent) air getting pushed under the hood, but over the hood causing the air to pressing down the hood.

When i got my car i noticed a lot of movement from my stock hood. And it coincidentally stopped after i took apart my bumper (for something else) and actually brought down the hood to a more "level" position hood/bumper ratio.
dont really think it was luck as much as it is a mix of quality, fatigue, and design.. its a common thing, but not like a 75% fail rate. its hit or miss, but its not rare. the longer you have one, the more of the chance. vented and cowl hoods ive seen less of.... stock and ram air hoods, by design, offer more air to get trapped. its just the nature of a composite piece... eventually it will fatigue. metal just fatigues far slower.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #11
danhr
BAMF SS

Quote:
Well i guess some cant keep the sh*t to shoe level.

Im still waiting for how you can compare kooks headers being offroad (emissions) to a composite hood that even the producers recommend use of hood pins on their site for the exact reason i mentioned.

You can put up lil cute bs emojis, surely you can put up some kinda facts to base your ridiculousness?

The simple fact its as you disclaimed its listed on their site, should be a no brainer.

2nd one should be composites will degrade and weaken over time. Having the hood latch go when you're doing a hundred plus or even something as simple as 75 isn't exactly something that they will want to be liable for.

As far as headers being offroad.... emissions? I.e. no cats. How do you even begin to compare the two outside of a cover our ass situation?

The reasons for hood pins have nothing to do with emissions as headers being offroad do....

Either way, ill just leave this here:

https://youtu.be/xJJxVcPIc7I

Stock Longblock

Old 10-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #12
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
guess the saying holds true...

Old 10-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #13
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
I have seen a ton of CF and fiberglass hoods come up over the years. The constant movement can eventually work the latch loose right out of the material. And every single one says you must use hood pins. Have I ever used them? No, but I knew it was a risk. They are all hand made and quality is iffy. If you got a 4:50 Friday hood, your shit is flying up one day.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #14
Qlimax

Drives: White 2018 camaro ss
Would someone even trust this company though?
Qlimax is offline   Reply With Quote