Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
LTG Autox/Daily Build

This will be my daily and autox car for the next couple of seasons. It'll come together slowly, but surely. Partaking in events in the NC area. Maybe even throw in an HPDE or two a year.

From the night/first few days of ownership

As far as I'm aware, stock other than the knockoff ZL1 wheels and mostly dead Hankook summer tires (whatever they're called), and the spoiler

I'll try to keep this up to date with everything I've done to the car:
  • Vordoven Forme 9 wheels 19x10.5 et 22 all around, wrapped in BFG Rival S 1.5 tires 305/30-19
  • Michelin PS a/s3+ for daily driving 245/40-20 and 275/35-20
  • Vorshlag camber plates -2.5ºF, -2°R Camber; 0°Toe
  • HP Tuners with ZZP 93 tune
  • ZZP Catted Downpipe
Attached Images

Last edited by foshjowler; 12-04-2020 at 08:22 AM.
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #2
foshjowler

First purchases for the car. Vordoven Forme 9 wheels 19x10.5 et 22 all around, wrapped in BFG Rival S 1.5 tires 305/30-19 square.

Camber plates are next, likely Vorshlag
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Looks good. Saw you post on FB the other day. Looking to do any modifications or wanting to run it stock?

Solid tire choice with the Rivals. I do quite a bit of AutoX, HPDE, and Time Attack myself!
Old 02-21-2020, 07:39 AM   #4
foshjowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZP_Tyler View Post
Looks good. Saw you post on FB the other day. Looking to do any modifications or wanting to run it stock?

Solid tire choice with the Rivals. I do quite a bit of AutoX, HPDE, and Time Attack myself!
I've got a small list of things that I plan on doing, but mostly seeing what the car needs as I go. I delayed a weekend VIR because it was hard to source track pads for the two-piston brakes, and I don't want to pay for g-loc to make some if I'm planning to go to the Brembos anyway. So after camber plates, the 4 piston Brembos are next, so I can take it to VIR. After that, maybe downpipe and tune and see if that helps the delay in throttle response.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:38 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
I've got a small list of things that I plan on doing, but mostly seeing what the car needs as I go. I delayed a weekend VIR because it was hard to source track pads for the two-piston brakes, and I don't want to pay for g-loc to make some if I'm planning to go to the Brembos anyway. So after camber plates, the 4 piston Brembos are next, so I can take it to VIR. After that, maybe downpipe and tune and see if that helps the delay in throttle response.

i bought the zzp 6 piston kit if you want a set of the 4 piston brembos used and rotors and powerstop track day pads but im in california lol so not sure how much shipping would be
Old 02-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #6
foshjowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
i bought the zzp 6 piston kit if you want a set of the 4 piston brembos used and rotors and powerstop track day pads but im in california lol so not sure how much shipping would be
Thanks. If they're still available in a few months, I may take you up on that. I have no issues with used. Don't keep them around just for me though. I just spent way too much money on wheels/tires, so I'm going to let my bank account settle to see where I'm really at money wise.

I've also got to buy new daily tires here soon. I'm on the fence of buying some cheap all seasons (not Walmart, still name brand) or getting the Conti ECS so I can run them at wet events. I'm just tired of spending $2k+ a year on tires is why I'm thinking all seasons
Old 02-23-2020, 09:32 PM   #7
Deesiel678

Drives: 2018 1LS 1LE
Quote:
First purchases for the car. Vordoven Forme 9 wheels 19x10.5 et 22 all around, wrapped in BFG Rival S 1.5 tires 305/30-19 square.

Looks good! Are you using spacers up front? And how much camber?
Old 02-24-2020, 07:39 AM   #8
foshjowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesiel678 View Post
Looks good! Are you using spacers up front? And how much camber?
No spacers, that was my goal. I haven't done an alignment yet, I was waiting until I get the camber plates to do one.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #9
foshjowler

First event was yesterday, a test n tune. It was pretty cold, so it took a while to get heat in the tires, and the rears never got past lukewarm, but once the fronts warmed up, it never refused to do anything that I asked it to. I never felt like I reached the limit of the tire, and I can obviously get closer to the cones, both will come with seat time. Left maybe another 2 seconds on the course, that said, I still ended up 1st in CAM, and beat a Mustang with PP2 by nearly a full second.

https://youtu.be/sbXxLWU-qq4
Old 03-09-2020, 07:38 AM   #10
foshjowler

First points event with the car. 1st in CAMC, 8th RAW out of 124 participants. Still getting comfortable in the car, and feeling out what it's capable of. I still haven't upset the chassis, but it seems pretty hard to do unless you do something really dumb. Did get a boot full of oversteer coming out of the turnaround. I just kept my foot in it, and said, if I spin out, oh well. It can be seen in the first link.

Biggest takeaway though is that the boost lag is pretty bad, especially out of very slow elements. For now, I will just have to drive around it, but it's definitely something that will need to be addressed in the future.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/J6fPpdTe6XZeGLQo7

https://youtu.be/jhs2D-wStbg
Old 03-13-2020, 07:32 AM   #11
foshjowler

I went to a 1/8 mile in the area last night since it was a nice night and I'm getting new daily tires put on today. The first couple of runs, I took it fairly easy and did a normal autox style start. Ran a couple of 9.5s and a 2.3 60 ft. The track seemed pretty well prepped and there was zero wheel spin so I decided to up the aggressiveness. Next one I tried dumping the clutch at about 2.5-3k and bogged it. Then I tried a 4k clutch dump and got a good launch, but then the car shut everything down and I got the below error message, copy and pasted from the manual. Again zero wheel spin and a dead hook, but it seems the clutch is the weak point, even on a stock car with mostly dead summer tires. I'm not that concerned as drag racing isn't really my discipline of choice and it seems like the only time it has issues is on a prepped surface.

Quote:
REDUCED PERFORMANCE —
REDUCE CLUTCH USE
This message displays and engine
torque is momentarily limited if
excessive manual transmission
clutch slip is detected while the
clutch pedal is fully released.
Reduce clutch slip during
acceleration from a stop and during
gear changes to allow the clutch to
cool. This should prevent further
slips with the clutch pedal fully
released. If this message displays
repeatedly, see your dealer.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:23 AM   #12
foshjowler

Put new Michelin PS a/s3+ on the daily wheels. 245/40-20 and 275/30-20.

Also, someone was taking pictures at the TnT a couple of weeks ago
Attached Images

Last edited by foshjowler; 03-24-2020 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:52 PM   #13
foshjowler

Camber plate is on. Getting an alignment first thing Monday morning. I'm thinking 2.5 degrees on the front, should be a good balance between daily and autox things.
Attached Images

Youtube Channel

Old 04-26-2020, 11:41 AM   #14
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:

Well I just put the same size 19 x 10.5 ET22 APEX wheels with MS 4S 305 30 19 square setup. I had originally thought I might have to use a 5MM spacer on the front but instead of that we did some minor grinding on the shock mount and got by WITHOUT spacers. I have a 2019 SS WITHOUT MRC . To eliminate tire poke at the TOP of the tire, you really need about -2 degrees camber. on the FRONT I couldnt get that much with stock bolts so we got camber kit and will be dialing in the -2 degrees.

It looks like from you pics that your REAR tires poke out about 10MM at the top of the tire. Mine did the same thing so we initially set up aronnd -1.6 degrees to eliminate that. I am going to go back and readjust to -2 degrees which should be able to eliminate the top tire poke entirely. We dialed in a SMALL amount of TOE IN in the rear and a small amount of TOE OUT at the front.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote