Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-14-2020, 04:46 AM   #1
sadpanda

Drives: 2014 ATS 2.0T 6MT
ZZP turbo wheel

https://zzperformance.com/products/z...ig-wheel-turbo

New option from ZZP...

Anyone else interested in this?
sadpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
For that price I wish they'd do the turbine wheel. Turbobay does both sides for $1000.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:09 AM   #3
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
sign me up! Let us have some detailed power results please. And required tuning characteristics that go with this air mass/volume. Not all of us have E85.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:13 PM   #4
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Super late to the game on this one. How about stocking neutral balance shafts and actually releasing the Z54 turbo.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:26 PM   #5
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Super late to the game on this one. How about stocking neutral balance shafts and actually releasing the Z54 turbo.
We're hoping to release the Z54, and/or a different version sometime this year. I certainly won't make promises but we want to make sure we've got enough testing on the prototypes that they are flawless when they come out. The Z54 in the Cobalt market was kind of our test bed, and I love mine on my Ion (making a hair over 400 on E). Problem being in Michigan is that we only have half the year to solidly put miles on the LTG version, and Ryan's ATS which had one on it was down for a while this year. I know it's disappointing that it hasn't come out yet, but we want to make sure we get it right.

The larger wheel turbo was something that lots of customers had asked for, just a simple direct bolt on that'll make a little more power. We've got a few in customers hands right now and I know one customer just got done logging for Matt and airflow was looking good.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #6
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
For that price I wish they'd do the turbine wheel. Turbobay does both sides for $1000.
We're looking into offering one with both wheels as well! This one is selling decently so far, so I'd imagine we'll push forward with upgraded both wheels.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:53 PM   #7
wookwook

I think Jacfab Jason had given us some background on the exducer getting heavy with the added mass. Is why this has my attention. I'm picky because I like my down low giddy-up. My druthers, is the highest and flattest Tq on LTG even if she isn't the fastest. I would really like to experience this unit though.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 02-16-2020, 08:00 AM   #8
sadpanda

Drives: 2014 ATS 2.0T 6MT
Any dyno graphs would be great just to get a feel for difference in character.
sadpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:06 AM   #9
wookwook

One of the reasons I respect and admire zzp is they do not hype. Results will vary with each install and can have that blow back if that one person takes a crap. I do tend to judge well run tests fairly, when reviewer explains what they can control and what happen in their shop under those conditions. I haven't had a reason to think any of their products are less than customer ready. might pull the trigger on this one.

For today I am soaking in the hard pulling special NH air mass on my small wheel turbo. If I could bottle this DA I would be rich.

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 02-17-2020, 08:00 AM   #10
wookwook

Ordered a zzp big wheel turbo. Does anyone know if there are any special tools needed to work the hoses and whatnot? Anything to look out for in the physical swap?

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 02-17-2020, 12:39 PM   #11
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
Ordered a zzp big wheel turbo. Does anyone know if there are any special tools needed to work the hoses and whatnot? Anything to look out for in the physical swap?
Just make sure you have different lenght ratchet extensions for your short and deep sockets.

You need to order new gaskets:
Turbo Manifold Gasket
Turbo Downpipe Gasket
Downpipe to Exhaust Gasket

You can reuse all of the little oil and water gaskets from the stock turbo. Just take note how you removed them and where they go.

You are going to loose some coolant taking off the turbo. Get a coolant bucket thing underneath the car to catch it. You can reuse it or top off with new coolent.

You are going to loose a tiny amount of oil. Just have some good clean rags ready.

Have some time and patience. You'll be fine.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:43 PM   #12
wookwook

I stocked up on extensions! From my last project. I will check the stock numbers for the stated fittings thanks a lot!

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 02-18-2020, 08:00 AM   #13
NerdChop

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
Cool. Good luck Wook may the gains be with u
NerdChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:36 AM   #14
wookwook

Thanks Chops. I'm like, finding a lot of info out there on the billet wheel vs cast. Looks promising. It will be more work of getting the ecu to play well with it, at least for the characteristics I want. Got shipping conformation. It will be an interesting season.

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106