Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-16-2020, 08:35 AM   #15
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
Yes, that was one of the days I was there. It would have been my first time on Shenandoah and the second track day in my 1 LE. It was awesome the amount of on-track time we had, can't wait to do that again. It is such a great track and you are right it would take a very long time to master, especially with the off-camber corners, car placement is so critical for fast and consistent laps. SP 9 to 10 is a fun straight, I'm working on left foot braking for 10, been a challenge that I hope to master this year. That and downshifting into 3rd for 10 as well. Look me up this year, I will attend FATT and Seat Time as well as a few Car Club events like PCA..etc. I will be in the Riverside Blue 2019 with that "ugly front end".
I will probaly run one event at Summit Point in the spring, but I don't see a schedule yet. I would prefer to run in the Seat Time program since we get more time on the track for a lower cost. Also, I met some guys from the DC chapter of a BMW club, and they are a good group of guys. They convinced me to join the club and add the Tarheel Chapter, because they do two events at VIR each year. So, I would also like to go with them to VIR in the spring or fall. VIR has been on my bucket list for a while now...

On Main, I love turn 4. But it also scares me. Going downhill at high speed, no runoff, and don't hit the brakes until the last minute. I make up a lot of time on other drivers in that turn.

Oh man, speaking of off-camber, how about the camber change in the middle of the trigger (forget which turn number) on Shenandoah? That can really upset a car. Especially one that doesn't have good balance. Fortunately, these Camaros are hard to upset. They just go exactly where you point them. Pretty amazing for a relatively heavy car. You really don't feel the weight (no weight management).

I have a regular SS (non-1LE) from 2016 in the dark blue (almost black) color. But, you probably can see that in my thumbnail image. I will keep an eye out for you...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote