Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 01-03-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
The Rag Company Eagle Edgeless 500 - LINT

Picked up some of these on Amazon and I was aware of the possible linting issue. Looking at some of the photos on Amazon reviews, it looks like some people had entire PANELS coated with the stuff, and this is apparently a side effect of their manufacturing process to make them edgeless.

Comparatively, I only had a few lints, not near as bad as some of the photos. Should I go ahead and exchange these, or hold out and just wait for this linting to go away?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I should add that these are SUPER plush, and other than the limited linting issue I am very satisfied with them.
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #2
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I cannot vouch for stuff bought on Amazon. There are too many impostors and too much counterfeit stuff. I but directly from theragcompany.com, wash them first and never had a problem.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:34 PM   #3
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
There can be some fibers that are loose after the cutting process when the towels are manufactured. Whenever I get a towel/towels that have any lint, I wash them with one of the cheap microfibers you can get at the dollar store, or one of the chain stores.

These cheap towels grab everything they touch, and will not release it.....drop one in a pile of leaves, and you'll see....it puts the death grip on them.

This towel will also grab up all the lint that is floating around in the water of your washing machine, keeping it off your good towels.

Don't run the good towels in the dryer, allow them to air dry in an area in your home that isn't dusty. Once they are dry store them in a container like this one, or plastic ziplock bags to keep them contaminate free until your next use.

Every few washes, add some distilled white vinegar to the rinse cycle, this will keep them soft.....Use free and clear detergent for the main wash.

I have RC Eagle Edgeless that have lasted me over 4 years, and are still as soft as new. The blue ones in the left bottom corner.
Attached Images

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:55 AM   #4
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
The sellers on Amazon are TRC and performance auto finishes. Did you buy from TRC? Maybe the other seller isnt selling good ones.

Amazon also has been known to comingle stuff, especially when something is returned.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:19 PM   #5
EJR8402

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I cannot vouch for stuff bought on Amazon. There are too many impostors and too much counterfeit stuff. I but directly from theragcompany.com, wash them first and never had a problem.
I'm the same way- that's why I pay attention to the seller. These are actually directly from the Rag Company's Amazon storefront:

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=...b=&vasStoreID=
Old 01-04-2020, 01:20 PM   #6
EJR8402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
There can be some fibers that are loose after the cutting process when the towels are manufactured. Whenever I get a towel/towels that have any lint, I wash them with one of the cheap microfibers you can get at the dollar store, or one of the chain stores.

These cheap towels grab everything they touch, and will not release it.....drop one in a pile of leaves, and you'll see....it puts the death grip on them.

This towel will also grab up all the lint that is floating around in the water of your washing machine, keeping it off your good towels.

Don't run the good towels in the dryer, allow them to air dry in an area in your home that isn't dusty. Once they are dry store them in a container like this one, or plastic ziplock bags to keep them contaminate free until your next use.

Every few washes, add some distilled white vinegar to the rinse cycle, this will keep them soft.....Use free and clear detergent for the main wash.

I have RC Eagle Edgeless that have lasted me over 4 years, and are still as soft as new. The blue ones in the left bottom corner.
I have some of the cheapos like you're talking about. I'll give that a try, thanks!!
Old 01-04-2020, 06:36 PM   #7
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I have many Eagle Edgeless 500 towels, but even more knock offs. I have had zero issues with linting of the TRC towels. All of my towels get machine washed with warm water with Malco detergent. They are all around great towels. The knock offs are not that great at I have seen linting issues.
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote