Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #1
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
New GT500 Not as Fearsome as Thought?

Car and Driver article I saw today online...

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ation-testing/
Old 12-10-2019, 01:23 PM   #2
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
I'm not a drag racer except for coming out of turns, but it seems it's simply a traction problem. The trap speed looks beastly. Should pull a ZLE in the straights pretty good. Still waiting to see what kind speed it can carry through the turns...
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I'm not a drag racer except for coming out of turns, but it seems it's simply a traction problem. The trap speed looks beastly. Should pull a ZLE in the straights pretty good. Still waiting to see what kind speed it can carry through the turns...
This ^ it is a traction issue. Trapped over 130 the car can haul ass, it was also faster to 150 than the ZL1 by like 3 seconds. It's going to devour straightaways, the question is will it be able to carry that into turns
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:17 PM   #4
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
132 mph is pretty fearsome , I wouldn’t buy one because I’m one of those silly loyalists to camaros , but that’s damn impressive. I’ll eventually supercharge or turbo my 1le and will be happy with it.
Someone’s always faster right ?
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:15 PM   #5
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The GT500 and all cars with 700+ HP need certain conditions to be met to run their ideal times. Camaros and Corvettes typically do not. This is not only a traction issue but also a testament to how well these cars are built and balanced. Therefore the GT500 will have a wide range of times that it runs all based on outside conditions. In ideal conditions and with every method of getting traction to the ground it will do splendid. In less than ideal conditions (like on the street) and in not so ideal temps/DA it will run much slower while having a high trap speed. The ZL1 will have much better consistency and repeatability. From what we have seen and as pointed out by Hotlap (I think) the GT500 at it's best will be approx 3 tenths faster than a ZL1 in the quarter. It comes down to potential. The GT500, if it can take advantage of all it's potential, will be faster. But the ZL1 will embarrass the Hell out of the snake otherwise.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote