Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 08-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #43
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I got my car back with system installed. It is very impressive! Very clean install. Here are some pics of the system, 2 Diamond Shallows Series 12" subwoofers and a Diamond amp (I will edit this for the model number).

Amp was mounted nicely on a carpet wrapped platform. The platform was mounted using some existing screws.

The existing screw used to mount the amp is on the bottom right

A circuit breaker was installed by the battery and heavy cable ran to the amp
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:46 PM   #44
KirkH

on to the line output converter
Old 08-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #45
KirkH

Screwed down nicely

back of amp

Diamond Shallow Series

Old 08-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #46
KirkH

Back of the box. I was impressed with the woodwork. The box is not mounted down and is removable. In fact, installer said everything can be removed and no one will knwo it was ever there. Clean!

The subwoofer volume control is on the lower dash driver's side by my left knee. It defintely has the boom even with the shallow series subs. It sounds great just having them up loud enough to be like rear speakers. I had a BIG smile on when I kicked on the 21 Pilots song "Heathens"
Old 08-03-2016, 11:48 PM   #47
JM2016

Drives: 2016 1LT Black Beauty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Back of the box. I was impressed with the woodwork. The box is not mounted down and is removable. In fact, installer said everything can be removed and no one will knwo it was ever there. Clean!

The subwoofer volume control is on the lower dash driver's side by my left knee. It defintely has the boom even with the shallow series subs. It sounds great just having them up loud enough to be like rear speakers. I had a BIG smile on when I kicked on the 21 Pilots song "Heathens"
Nice install KirkH. I like the face of your sub box. How many channels is your amp? Are you pleased with the clarity of sound. I'm looking for alternative audio manufacturers to redo the system in my truck. Back in the day I always favored JL, Alpine, Fosgate. Just curious about Diamond.
JM2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:12 AM   #48
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM2016 View Post
Nice install KirkH. I like the face of your sub box. How many channels is your amp? Are you pleased with the clarity of sound. I'm looking for alternative audio manufacturers to redo the system in my truck. Back in the day I always favored JL, Alpine, Fosgate. Just curious about Diamond.
Super happy with the clarity. that was my main priority.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:23 PM   #49
Jesse2.0t

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Good write up, I just installed mine yesterday using this write up. Worked fine for one day, but I blew the power fuse on my amp.
Jesse2.0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #50
jdiaz

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS, 2016 Camaro 1LT
Exclamation

Quote:
7. The reason I said "Footwell" will make your door speaker connections a little less painful. I removed just enough door screws and clips to see the speaker wire colors. I attached my wires for the LC7i and amp behind the carpet on the upper-side of the footwell.
If I may ask, what color wires should I be looking for in the foot well area?

jdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:18 PM   #51
Boogie4bear

Drives: 1lt
Quote:
I was told if I use amps to enhance the speakers, the tirn signal becomes obnoxiously loud. Is that true?
Boogie4bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:03 PM   #52
Josh42089

Drives: 19 Chevy Camaro LTa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie4bear View Post
I was told if I use amps to enhance the speakers, the tirn signal becomes obnoxiously loud. Is that true?
I just did an install with a loc on my non Bose camaro and I tapped into the back rear speakers only. Works fine. Has plenty of bass. Only issue I’m having is eliminating the ANC mic’s.
Josh42089 is offline   Reply With Quote