Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-23-2020, 12:43 AM   #1
J8126

Drives: 70' Camaro,18' ZL11LE,86'buick GN
new exhaust and catch can

check out the latest and greatest . made by yours truly.
Attached Images

J8126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:27 PM   #2
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Cool! I like when people have enough balls to make their own stuff for their cars, and are do it their-selfers. As long as it's well made and not some BS that's going to mess things up and/or be a danger on the road, but you look to know what you're doing. Props to you sir.

I'm assuming you made the mufflers? Judging by the welds you chambered them? Any exhaust clips?
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:53 PM   #3
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Fabrication for purpose that looks good. Do you have pictures of the exhaust with the connection pipes?

I like the fact that you can sell more of those exhaust since you made a jig too. It’s work like this that evolves into a business. Hopefully you post a video showing off the sound.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:46 PM   #4
DONATI_ZL1_1LE

Drives: CAMARO ZL1 1LE
In for sound!
DONATI_ZL1_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:47 PM   #5
J8126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Fabrication for purpose that looks good. Do you have pictures of the exhaust with the connection pipes?

I like the fact that you can sell more of those exhaust since you made a jig too. It’s work like this that evolves into a business. Hopefully you post a video showing off the sound.
I would love to make some and sell. That might be in the works. I just need to find a simpler way to make the npp valve. That took a long time and will kill productivity. I'll make a video soon.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #6
J8126

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Cool! I like when people have enough balls to make their own stuff for their cars, and are do it their-selfers. As long as it's well made and not some BS that's going to mess things up and/or be a danger on the road, but you look to know what you're doing. Props to you sir.

I'm assuming you made the mufflers? Judging by the welds you chambered them? Any exhaust clips?
Hi. I used spin techs. I believe they are the best hidden secret. They sound amazing on a lot of applications.

I'll make a video soon.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:51 PM   #7
J8126

Here is the can installed. All AN fittings in black.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2020, 08:42 PM   #8
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by J8126 View Post
Hi. I used spin techs. I believe they are the best hidden secret. They sound amazing on a lot of applications.

I'll make a video soon.
Cool. I thought they kind of resembled Spintechs or what I remembered them looking like, but I've never had a Spintech exhaust system. I just didn't remember them having quite that raw of a finish. That's why I was thinking you might have made them. And yes Spintech exhaust systems generally sound awesome. I thought about running one of their Lightning systems a while back. People can hate on chambered mufflers all they want, but IMO they generally sound better than a straight thru muffler when you get the setup right.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:42 AM   #9
Bohanan23

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
How does this setup compare to your last one you made? I will say, it makes me want to build a custom NPP setup bad!
Bohanan23 is offline   Reply With Quote