#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-21-2019, 12:58 AM   #127
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Those extra 800 miles you have on your Soler TB are making one hell of a difference.
No way in hell I would say my ZLE with the Soler TB is close to the throttle response of my 2016 manual Hellcat.

My Hellcat responds as soon as your foot gets anywhere near the gas pedal. Obviously I’m exaggerating, but you get my point.

I also think the Hellcat does some things better than the ZL1 and vice-versa. No way i can compare what the Hellcat does from a stand still or from a roll to what the Zl1 does and say they are even. My cat will snap my neck off if I’m not bracing myself when I punch the go pedal. I will say that there are rumors out there that the 2016 hellcats got a more aggressive tune than the 2015s did. So maybe that plays a role here.

This is of course a subjective topic and talk for a different thread.

Hopefully my Soler TB will get to your level with more miles.

Could be true with the year model 2015 to the 2016. However I had a 2016 charger hellcat at the same time as my 2015 challenger and I could find no differences between the two. Other then one was manual and the other automatic. The charger handled slightly better too.
The throttle response is great in the hellcat but again I find my ZL1 with Soler to be very comparable. Ones opinion do differ so........yeah....
Maybe I'm just lucky and soler nailed my TB perfectly.
So with regards to the thread I LOVE my Soler TB paired with my rotofab on my Z. Excellent throttle response, zero lag and great drive ability. Knock knock, hoping I don't jinx myself (very superstitious).

Little off topic but thought you would appreciate this picture below
Attached Images

Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #128
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z650HP View Post
Could be true with the year model 2015 to the 2016. However I had a 2016 charger hellcat at the same time as my 2015 challenger and I could find no differences between the two. Other then one was manual and the other automatic. The charger handled slightly better too.
The throttle response is great in the hellcat but again I find my ZL1 with Soler to be very comparable. Ones opinion do differ so........yeah....
Maybe I'm just lucky and soler nailed my TB perfectly.
So with regards to the thread I LOVE my Soler TB paired with my rotofab on my Z. Excellent throttle response, zero lag and great drive ability. Knock knock, hoping I don't jinx myself (very superstitious).

Little off topic but thought you would appreciate this picture below
Aaahhh, you have a rotofab on your Z ! I still have the stock intake (with green filter) so that might be the difference there.

Is that a leg maker on the Hellcat? I bet that thing screams !!!!! I would love to get one for my Hellcat to increase the supercharger wine but they are so damn expensive !!

My cat is B5 blue as well!! Good taste we have ! Haha

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:26 AM   #129
JD2018_ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Mine is B5 blue also
JD2018_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:26 AM   #130
Z650HP

Quote:
Aaahhh, you have a rotofab on your Z ! I still have the stock intake (with green filter) so that might be the difference there.

Is that a leg maker on the Hellcat? I bet that thing screams !!!!! I would love to get one for my Hellcat to increase the supercharger wine but they are so damn expensive !!

My cat is B5 blue as well!! Good taste we have ! Haha
Bwoody intake. The intake swap on a hellcat is a must. Just like changing the stock resonators to bullet or vibrant mufflers. There two mods every hellcat owner should do.
I am also the guy who sent you a picture before of my hellcat and you commented we are like twins because of the color. Think it was this thread, or maybe it was another. Hmmm---

Anyways yea the rotofab is key in conjunction with the soler Tb in my opinion. I have ran both ways with rotofab and soler and soler and stock intake. There is a definite difference IMHO.
Good luck man, keep us posted.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #131
Z650HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2018_ZL1 View Post
Mine is B5 blue also
Old 08-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #132
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z650HP View Post
Bwoody intake. The intake swap on a hellcat is a must. Just like changing the stock resonators to bullet or vibrant mufflers. There two mods every hellcat owner should do.
I am also the guy who sent you a picture before of my hellcat and you commented we are like twins because of the color. Think it was this thread, or maybe it was another. Hmmm---

Anyways yea the rotofab is key in conjunction with the soler Tb in my opinion. I have ran both ways with rotofab and soler and soler and stock intake. There is a definite difference IMHO.
Good luck man, keep us posted.
Oh yeah I remember making that comment.
I have my eyes peeled for a used rotofab. I just can’t bring myself to pay +$500 for one new since I’m not tuning the car yet.

Same thing with the Hellcat.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 08-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #133
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Oh yeah I remember making that comment.
I have my eyes peeled for a used rotofab. I just can’t bring myself to pay +$500 for one new since I’m not tuning the car yet.

Same thing with the Hellcat.
Check out Wildhammer...
Old 08-28-2019, 09:05 AM   #134
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
Ok, so Hellcat's aside, I just ordered the Soler TB and the Rotofab and both are currently on the way.

I don't plan on getting the car tuned due to warranty concerns, but I have just read that others seem to think they've lost power with this setup. Is this a legitimate possibility? It's almost a thousand bucks, so I certainly don't want to pay to take a step backwards.

I'd like to get some more definitive opinions before I open the boxes up and install them on my car.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #135
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
What I got out of comments on the forum and people I have talked to, the RotoFab is more for looks and SC whine, if you are not doing a tune. I know RotoFab claims an increase in HP. But it is hard to believe there would be a significant HP increase without the tune. Some have claimed the car "feels" better, stronger, faster, etc, etc. The reality is, no one is going to feel an increase of 10-15 hp. I don't have the RotoFab on my car.
I do have the Soler TB and the only real difference I experienced is the car no longer lags coming out of a dead stop "M6".

With that said, would I recommend either.
Soler - Yes
RotoFab - No

For me personally, without the tune, the cost of the RotoFab is not worth the negligible HP increase, looks or SC whine. But that is me...….I am sure others will give you a different opinion.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:36 PM   #136
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
What I got out of comments on the forum and people I have talked to, the RotoFab is more for looks and SC whine, if you are not doing a tune. I know RotoFab claims an increase in HP. But it is hard to believe there would be a significant HP increase without the tune. Some have claimed the car "feels" better, stronger, faster, etc, etc. The reality is, no one is going to feel an increase of 10-15 hp. I don't have the RotoFab on my car.
I do have the Soler TB and the only real difference I experienced is the car no longer lags coming out of a dead stop "M6".

With that said, would I recommend either.
Soler - Yes
RotoFab - No

For me personally, without the tune, the cost of the RotoFab is not worth the negligible HP increase, looks or SC whine. But that is me...….I am sure others will give you a different opinion.
Thank you for the advice. My Rotofab just arrived, the Soler TB arrives tomorrow. I'm not really expecting much in the way of power gains. It's plenty fast/ powerful enough for my needs already. All I'm really hoping for is to cure my atrocious dead spot off idle and perhaps a little more smoothness. A little extra SC whine would be nice, as long as it doesn't start sounding like hellcat or French ambulance siren.

I typically mod most things I have, so this will scratch that itch without breaking the bank or voiding my warranty.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:28 PM   #137
UrbanKnight

Drives: Fastish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post
Thank you for the advice. My Rotofab just arrived, the Soler TB arrives tomorrow. I'm not really expecting much in the way of power gains. It's plenty fast/ powerful enough for my needs already. All I'm really hoping for is to cure my atrocious dead spot off idle and perhaps a little more smoothness. A little extra SC whine would be nice, as long as it doesn't start sounding like hellcat or French ambulance siren.

I typically mod most things I have, so this will scratch that itch without breaking the bank or voiding my warranty.
The TB absolutely helps the off the line stumble... Its like a whole different car with the tip in now....
UrbanKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:27 PM   #138
Alain

I’ve never read of anyone loosing power with a Rotofab and a ported TB. Maybe I’m not on this forum enough these days.

Zl1 will never sound as loud as a Hellcat with that stock blower so you don’t have to worry about that.

If I were you I would try the TB first without the CAI and see how you like it. If it’s enough of a change for you ship that CAI back and save your dough.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 08-28-2019, 07:52 PM   #139
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Alain - come down Sunday so we can do side by side comparison! Stock vs Soler.

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/cale...uryearindex=13

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:13 PM   #140
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Alain - come down Sunday so we can do side by side comparison! Stock vs Soler.

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/cale...uryearindex=13
Ahh, wish I could dude. I’m Working this entire weekend !

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot