Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Are people that careless?

Today, my mother asked me to pick her up and drive her to the grocery store since her car is in service. Usually I park in the back of the lot but this time I didn't want my mom walking that far so I parked in between two cars. As im waiting in the car, some woman comes back to her car and swings her door open without any effort to even stop it from hitting my car. Then she proceeds to get in her car, and casually put her seat belt on and she only said sorry when she noticed me staring at her angrily. She probably didn't see me sitting in it due to my limo tint. I didnt take the ordeal seriously because I'm getting my door painter next week anyway, but her carelesness and total disregard for other people's property makes my blood boil. Anybody else experience this?
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Mongo RS

Drives: 2010 2LT M6 RS
Yes.

And it's not a recent phenomenon.

In 1979 I bought a brand New Plymouth TC3 and some idiot backed into it while I was sitting in it. (Waiting to pick up a friend). The guy just shrugged when I pointed out to him that he had peeled the paint off the front bumper.

So I keyed the entire side of his car as I walked back to mine.

I used to be much angrier when I was young.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Yep people have no respect for other peoples property. Not only cars but my neighbors seem to like to use my yard as a shortcut out of their yard where they like to park when they have parties. I have even put up markers to block them but they move them and drive across anyway. Then they don't even replace the markers. I have them on video and next time it happens the police will be involved. They have been warned.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
was at the grocery store just this sunday. This particular Publix has nice wide spots, so I dont mind parking between two cars. We come out and as I am approaching the car, I watch a guy close his trunk, move his cart just enough so he can back out and get in his car, the cart starts slowly rolling and I had to jog to stop it from hitting our brand spankin new ATS. I started screaming at the guy and calling him a lazy POS, but had to hold back since my 20 month old son was with my wife and I. The guy was completely dumbfounded and didn't feel like he did anything wrong. Said some crap like, oh I thought they workers here get the carts for you???
Old 12-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Yep people have no respect for other peoples property. Not only cars but my neighbors seem to like to use my yard as a shortcut out of their yard where they like to park when they have parties. I have even put up markers to block them but they move them and drive across anyway. Then they don't even replace the markers. I have them on video and next time it happens the police will be involved. They have been warned.
That would piss me off so bad, might contemplate a nice burnout on their driveway even.
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Do you honestly think the average person gives a crap about their car - never mind yours?

Last month I was leaving the grocery store and was walking back to my car and a older woman went to push a cart to the cart return. She gave a small push towards the return and turned to walk away. Well parked next to the return was a brand new Charger SRT8. I noticed the cart didn't make it and started veering to hit the Charger. I did a quick sprint and grabbed the cart... people just don't care
Old 12-15-2014, 06:54 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014camaro View Post
That would piss me off so bad, might contemplate a nice burnout on their driveway even.
Its a bunch of college age kids. They don't give a crap about anything but partying.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYFan325 View Post
Do you honestly think the average person gives a crap about their car - never mind yours?

Last month I was leaving the grocery store and was walking back to my car and a older woman went to push a cart to the cart return. She gave a small push towards the return and turned to walk away. Well parked next to the return was a brand new Charger SRT8. I noticed the cart didn't make it and started veering to hit the Charger. I did a quick sprint and grabbed the cart... people just don't care
I've seen the exact same thing many times. One reason I will never park near a cart return.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #9
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
I was sitting in a lot waiting on a friend and this old man pulled up to me, whips his door open, and I feel my car vibrate.

I jumped out of the car and said "what's that for man?"

He responds, "That's a nice car!"

I stared at him and said, "It won't be if you keep slamming your door into it?"

Luckily there wasn't a ding or paint damage.

I do get dings occasionally though, which makes me wonder how hard people have to shove their door into yours to damage it. I imagine it must be on purpose.
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:22 PM   #10
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYFan325 View Post

I hear ya man. Though they were careless to park next to a cart return in that car I thank you for protecting their car. I've had a few incidents at the grocery store too. One of them was when I dropped a friend off and I parked a little further off. It was a windy day and I decided to park even farther out to avoid runaway carts, well that wasn't the solution. I was sitting in my car listening to the radio when I see this cart barreling toward me about 15 yards away. I jumped out that car nascar style and stopped that basket like I was using a force field.
- the second time: for once I actually parked next to someone and this lady while walking between my vehicle her big ass bedazzled purse scraped my mirror. Oh yeah buddy I told her about it. Said my "special" mirrors would cost 3x as much as her fake Louis Vuitton.
- the same store I saw a well detailed Z06 right next to the freaking cart return. Someone in a Yaris hatchback set it there at they stuffed their groceries in. I walked up and placed the basket in like any normal person would do. Glad to hear there are people who look after other people's belongings. Not just careful people, but the helping people who correct others carelessness.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #11
Roy W.

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS red rock metallic
A few years ago I restored a 1980 El Camino. It had a custom paint job in a dark tint maroon. It had only been out of the shop for less than 24 hours when a child in the back seat of a 4 door sedan opened the back door and wacked it hard with the corner of the door where it fits over the rear wheel well. Now get this..........I was parked way out in the parking lot, no cars within 15 spaces and this lady decided to park next to me. I raised a lot of hell, and she gave me her insurance company which happened to be nearby and I went over and collected a 750 check for the dent on the spot.
Roy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #12
john2012camaroSS

Drives: 2012 Black SS
You cant bring your car to these places and not expect it to get messed up if you don't take the necessary precautions.. Unless I can find a spot waaaaaaaaay far away I will not leave my baby at the mercy of idiots!
john2012camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #13
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
So... you have spoken to them about it and they still do it?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #14
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy W. View Post
A few years ago I restored a 1980 El Camino. It had a custom paint job in a dark tint maroon. It had only been out of the shop for less than 24 hours when a child in the back seat of a 4 door sedan opened the back door and wacked it hard with the corner of the door where it fits over the rear wheel well. Now get this..........I was parked way out in the parking lot, no cars within 15 spaces and this lady decided to park next to me. I raised a lot of hell, and she gave me her insurance company which happened to be nearby and I went over and collected a 750 check for the dent on the spot.
That is the proper way to handle such situations. I got door slammed in a parking lot one day, while I was in the car. I got out and asked the lady if she knew what she just did. She played dumb and when I showed her the crease she put in my door and asked her what she was going to do about it she just said "I'm sorry" and started walking away towards the store. I said "Ma'am, I'm going to need to get your insurance information to pay to fix this". To which she replied, "I don't think so" and kept walking. Then I said "Ma'am, if you don't give me your insurance information there will be a policeman here when you finish your shopping".
She came back and gave me her info, and her insurance paid to fix the dented door.

People can be such inconsiderate a-holes!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote