Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2014, 03:53 AM   #1
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
NPP Question

I have the dual mode exhaust from GM, I did a muffler delete on it and everybody freaked out that I cut the NPP. I was told that they can be put (welded) back on and be good as new. I also plan on doing a cat delete, can you guys tell me if I screwed up the NPP or am I good.
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #2
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
why would you pay for a option, then butcher it up? should have just took the standard exhaust and cut it..just my thought
Old 08-30-2014, 05:17 AM   #3
2014camaro
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=wayne watson;7921586]why would you pay for a option, then butcher it up? should have just took the standard exhaust and cut it..just my thought[/QUO

NPP with no mufflers is much louder than stock with no mufflers. Looks nice with quad tips too.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:23 AM   #4
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
why would you pay for a option, then butcher it up? should have just took the standard exhaust and cut it..just my thought
I made sure to get NPP price deducted from my agreed price though, its one of three options on my car and it's the most expensive. I went in during the open house deal in March, got the dealer to give me more discounts, showed them the $1,000 private offer, and once they know your serious about it, throw a curveball and say I'll only buy if you deduct this. This case being the NPP. If they don't, walk out, guarantee you'll receive a phone call in the next day or so.

Last edited by 2014camaro; 08-30-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014camaro View Post
I made sure to get NPP for free though, its one of three options on my car and it's the most expensive. I went in during the open house deal in March, got the dealer to give me more discounts, showed them the $1,000 private offer, and once they know your serious about it, throw a curveball and say I'll only buy if you give me this for free. Free meaning they deduct the price of the option from the price of the car including all deals. This case being the NPP. If they don't, walk out, guarantee you'll receive a phone call in the next day or so.
Dude, you didn't get your NPP for free! The dealer has a bottom line price they need to get and if the car didn't have the option then that figure would have been lower by whatever their cost for NPP is.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
Dude, you didn't get your NPP for free! The dealer has a bottom line price they need to get and if the car didn't have the option then that figure would have been lower by whatever their cost for NPP is.

Yep!
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #7
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
Yes I know how the dealers pricing works, I got my car at a price I am happy with and then lowered it even more. I got a $36k car for $29k OTD. It did take a couple weeks because the dealer said no way, however one day I got a call and salesman said come on in.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:32 AM   #8
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the NPP is one of the best exhaust money can buy. you could have sold it for $700+ got there regular exhaust. but ya just have it welded back together and almost good as new. All most because it will be a few mm shorter because of the metal lost in the cut.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:58 AM   #9
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
ever hear of something called a mild to wild switch?...lol
Old 08-31-2014, 10:44 AM   #10
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014camaro View Post
I also plan on doing a cat delete, can you guys tell me if I screwed up the NPP or am I good.
Well, you definitely screwed up the NPP. NPP consists of a pair of dual mode mufflers and you removed them. You don't have NPP anymore.
How do you plan on passing California emissions after you delete the cats?
You will also have to get a tune to turn the CEL off after you delete the cats, which will void your powertrain warranty.
But, hey, its your car.
You can do what you want to it.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #11
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
Well, you definitely screwed up the NPP. NPP consists of a pair of dual mode mufflers and you removed them. You don't have NPP anymore.
How do you plan on passing California emissions after you delete the cats?
You will also have to get a tune to turn the CEL off after you delete the cats, which will void your powertrain warranty.
But, hey, its your car.
You can do what you want to it.
I'm gonna weld the mufflers back on and sell the NPP. My warranty is going to go in a couple weeks with headers anyway, I might keep the NPP or sell it and buy another system.