Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-16-2021, 05:09 PM   #1
tandy89

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
AFM Disable via hp tuners question

Hi guys, so I was trying to disable AFM via HP tuners by going into the setting and clicking disable, but I started throwing a bunch of codes and the engine was running extremely rough. Ive seen several threads about it being as straightforward as just disabling it, yet it does not seem the case for me. I ended up getting 2 sensor reference voltage codes (p0697 and p06A3) as well as ambient pressure sensor (P2227). This is my first time using HP tuners and I saved my stock file and after reflashing to stock and erasing the codes everything went back to normal amd I just got back from a test drive to be sure, so no harm no foul so far, but Im curious if anyone has any idea what may have caused this and how I should properly go about disabling AFM. Thanks in advance for any guidance!
tandy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:54 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Hey Tandy89, welcome to the forum. Is your car stock? It was that straightforward when I disabled AFM in HPT.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:20 AM   #3
tandy89

Thanks a bunch for the reply, after some frustration I managed to get everything running smoothly. Im not sure why but after I repeatedly cleared the DTCs it all cleared up and the car runs great now. I dont know if maybe thats just something that happens sometimes or what, but Ive driven the car a few seperate times this evening and no problems now. Im installing a rotofab CAI tomorrow as well as E85, so hopefully no hangups with that when I tune it. As far as current mods the only major ones so far are the AFM valve delete and i have the LT2 intake manifold on.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:25 AM   #4
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Are you doing the full procedure after a flash so you wait till the gauges flutter and the computer resets. Then starting in accessory and waiting 10 seconds
Old 06-17-2021, 07:52 AM   #5
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
souds like something was corrupted during the flash. I would flash back to stock tune and make sure to "write entire".
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:44 AM   #6
tandy89

Hey guys thanks for the responses! @6speedhyperblue thats the first time I have heard to do that and that makes a bunch of sense. Ill be sure to be doing that from here on in. As I said, everything ended up working fine after a bit, so I have to imagine my issue was not completing it initially. Thanks for the tip, I cant believe after all the HPTuners stuff Ive looked at I havent seen anyone mention that. @KingLT1 I actually did that as well and then retried the new tune and that was a great reset for me to get back to square one and not be as stressed about the engine issue
Old 06-17-2021, 06:39 PM   #7
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandy89 View Post
Thanks a bunch for the reply, after some frustration I managed to get everything running smoothly. Im not sure why but after I repeatedly cleared the DTCs it all cleared up and the car runs great now. I dont know if maybe thats just something that happens sometimes or what, but Ive driven the car a few seperate times this evening and no problems now. Im installing a rotofab CAI tomorrow as well as E85, so hopefully no hangups with that when I tune it. As far as current mods the only major ones so far are the AFM valve delete and i have the LT2 intake manifold on.
No problem. We all learn from each other at some point. Are you referencing just the AFM disable in HPT or did you physically remove the valves from the exhaust too?

For your E85 install do you have all of the information on what tables to change, pin location in harness, etc?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
afm, hptuners