Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-06-2021, 12:59 PM   #15
IH8WNTR

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayne1LE View Post
I wasn’t at the dyno when the car was there unfortunately. I had my car picked up on a return trip flat bed. Had to work 😢. I’m going to email my guy and ask him. Wasn’t tuned by Pray but my MSD is Pray ported and it’s definitely his more aggressive port.

I’m going to run this tank down and fill it up full E85 and see how it runs.
Funny before I tuned it, it smelled like straight gas. Wife hates it but I had major nostalgia from when I had my foxbody
My warranty is almost up and I get to play with the motor soon. Who are you going to for your tuning? I only know of good tuners that are way far away from here and I don’t think I want to go the remote tune route.
IH8WNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:08 PM   #16
HyperBlue1SS

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS
Congrats on getting everything finished up! I finally got the CAI installed a few weeks back but just haven't had any time to get it out and play around with it! Hope all is well!
1LE Replicas / Solo Axleback Exhaust/ Street Scene Front Splitter / Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers / OEM Smoked Tails & Third Brake Light / OEM Illuminated Door Sills / OEM ZL1 Side Skirts / OEM ZL1 Spoiler / OEM Black Badges / GM CAI / Soler Engineering TB/TC / Katzkin Leather / 20% Tint
HyperBlue1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:00 AM   #17
BruceWayne1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue1SS View Post
Congrats on getting everything finished up! I finally got the CAI installed a few weeks back but just haven't had any time to get it out and play around with it! Hope all is well!
Yea brother slow and steady. Had to make everything just right. Hopefully the spark plug I dropped in the motor mount falls out lol.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:39 AM   #18
ThirstyDave

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary
I have pretty much the same mods but I have 2" catless headers and I made 490 hp with the ethanol content at 79%
ThirstyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:23 PM   #19
BruceWayne1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirstyDave View Post
I have pretty much the same mods but I have 2" catless headers and I made 490 hp with the ethanol content at 79%
Yup gonna fill up with full E today and see what’s up.

Am I deaf or crazy. But I swear the LT’s with the MBRP setup isn’t as loud as I thought it would be. Like cruising is pretty tame. Just when I punch the gas it’s deafening. Idk why I thought it would be terribly loud all the time.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:40 PM   #20
Motor Fast

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Did 463whp 445tq on 91 and 480hp 463tq on E48.
I fuged up and didn’t run the tank low enough before to get enough E85 mixed in.

Curious what y’all think numbers would be on a full tank of E85 pump?
You do another dyno run? Looks like you're at 492rwhp now.

Quote:
Am I deaf or crazy. But I swear the LT’s with the MBRP setup isn’t as loud as I thought it would be. Like cruising is pretty tame. Just when I punch the gas it’s deafening. Idk why I thought it would be terribly loud all the time.
My 2018 has headers and the AWE Touring system and under acceleration I think it may be louder than my cammed 2002 SS which is currently an open y-pipe.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:59 AM   #21
BruceWayne1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Fast View Post
You do another dyno run? Looks like you're at 492rwhp now.

I did on a full tank of E. Content was around E77. One of these days I’ll figure out how to post pictures.

My 2018 has headers and the AWE Touring system and under acceleration I think it may be louder than my cammed 2002 SS which is currently an open y-pipe.
I may need to get a valved system again. I shit you not I started it in a garage the other day and some kid walking with his dad immediately started crying. I felt like a real douche.
Old 06-26-2021, 02:08 PM   #22
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
I know a lot of other will highly disagree, but I am not a huge believer in pushing timing up on ethanol. Every factory tune you look at actually subtract timing as ethanol content goes up, yes it does add it in some area as well. Yes you can argue that the end result after all the adder tables might be higher timing. The research papers I have been able to find (most are from non-US/non-SAE "free" type sources like India) actually have indicated that ethanol actually needs less timing than gas.

I am not really saying you shouldn't run higher timing, I am saying I don't know. I am just not convinced by the evidence it is beneficial and in fact may be getting negative torque with these high timing numbers.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote