Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 06-06-2021, 08:14 AM   #57
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
These cars will come back down.... demand is high compared to supply. The only way these cars will see value again is when Chevy stops making them maybe.

I do believe V8 sports cars will hold a premium when EV’s take over. Nostalgia will hit and drive some prime examples up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the prices will come back down at all. Otherwise there would be no reason for them to be buying these cars up at higher prices. It would be too much of a gamble. I was tempted to go ahead and sell my HC. But then I noticed that they are selling at dealerships for $10K less than I got mine brand new for. And these are used 17 models with manual trans. So I'll hold on to my cars. This seems more like the perfect opportunity for those looking to get out for whatever reason. But the buy in is gonna be high when they return.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:43 PM   #58
BloodiedWraith

Drives: 2016 2SS
Vroom offers kept going up for me over the past few months every time I checked. They finally got me with $39k for my 2016 2SS with 13,185 miles on it. Just started the process yesterday so let’s see how it goes.

Sad to see it go because I love the car but I couldn’t resist. Now I’m torn on what I purchase with this money. Pretty much between a Corvette or a F150 Lightning. Leaning more towards the Corvette.
Old 06-06-2021, 05:18 PM   #59
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedWraith View Post
Vroom offers kept going up for me over the past few months every time I checked. They finally got me with $39k for my 2016 2SS with 13,185 miles on it. Just started the process yesterday so let’s see how it goes.

Sad to see it go because I love the car but I couldn’t resist. Now I’m torn on what I purchase with this money. Pretty much between a Corvette or a F150 Lightning. Leaning more towards the Corvette.

Wow. I paid 31,200 last sept for my 2016 2ss, NPP, A8, 16,500 miles.

Even now 2016 is still cheaper than what vRoom paid you if you're shopping at a normal dealer.

Again, why do people pay the inflated prices vRoom and Carmax charge when traditional car dealers have the same cars on their lots for cheaper by a few grand AND lower miles too.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:27 PM   #60
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Wow. I paid 31,200 last sept for my 2016 2ss, NPP, A8, 16,500 miles.

Even now 2016 is still cheaper than what vRoom paid you if you're shopping at a normal dealer.

Again, why do people pay the inflated prices vRoom and Carmax charge when traditional car dealers have the same cars on their lots for cheaper by a few grand AND lower miles too.
I don't think Vroom or Carmax are inflating their prices. I think it's just that they have a lot more costs associated as opposed to dealerships. I ean, they're buying, shipping/transporting, etc, all over the country. Which means tolls, gas, driver costs, insurance, etc. It can't be cheap to run this type of business.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:59 PM   #61
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I don't think the prices will come back down at all. Otherwise there would be no reason for them to be buying these cars up at higher prices. It would be too much of a gamble. I was tempted to go ahead and sell my HC. But then I noticed that they are selling at dealerships for $10K less than I got mine brand new for. And these are used 17 models with manual trans. So I'll hold on to my cars. This seems more like the perfect opportunity for those looking to get out for whatever reason. But the buy in is gonna be high when they return.

Chevy starts production.... prices fall. Why would you pay more for used. All these dealerships don’t have inventory so the are offering to buy anything.

And again inventory is low so what’s in sells fast. The are not buying in hopes of perceived value... they just need inventory.

These are not collectors car.

Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:38 PM   #62
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don't think Vroom or Carmax are inflating their prices. I think it's just that they have a lot more costs associated as opposed to dealerships. I ean, they're buying, shipping/transporting, etc, all over the country. Which means tolls, gas, driver costs, insurance, etc. It can't be cheap to run this type of business.

That's true. Like I posted before why is it people will pay 3-4 grand more for a car via Carmax, Vroom, Carvana when you can get the same car from a traditional dealership and usually for less miles too AND you get to see the car in person, test drive etc. and save a few grand in the process.

I would NEVER buy from Carmax but when I was shopping their used Camaros were around 3 grand higher than the dealerships AND they had more miles on them than the local dealer Camaros. Plus they advertise no haggle these places. A regular car lot I can usually haggle and get them to sweeten the deal.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:42 AM   #63
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
I got my check the next day after pick up. Over a week and I still don't see my car on their website.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:50 AM   #64
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:

Have to say... I don't think you loved your Camaro that much. Ain't like you sold it high to bank the funds to buy a better Camaro when the prices come down. You are going to turn around and dump the $$ into an overpriced Corvette or F150 right away. Everything right now is overpriced, so it ain't like you'll be putting any profit in your pocket.

Last edited by jamala00; 06-07-2021 at 12:52 PM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #65
BloodiedWraith

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Have to say... I don't think you loved your Camaro that much. Ain't like you sold it high to bank the funds to buy a better Camaro when the prices come down. You are going to turn around and dump the $$ into an overpriced Corvette or F150 right away. Everything right now is overpriced, so it ain't like you'll be putting any profit in your pocket.
Definitely loved the car. And definitely not buying a Corvette immediately. Not with these awful prices. My local dealer tried selling me a 2019 Z06 for $87k lol. Hell no.

Got almost what I paid for it 5 years ago - doesn’t matter how much you love the car it’s worth that. I’ll drive my previously winter-only vehicle until I can get what I want at a reasonable price.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:52 PM   #66
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Definitely loved the car. And definitely not buying a Corvette immediately. Not with these awful prices. My local dealer tried selling me a 2019 Z06 for $87k lol. Hell no.

Got almost what I paid for it 5 years ago - doesn’t matter how much you love the car it’s worth that. I’ll drive my previously winter-only vehicle until I can get what I want at a reasonable price.
Gotcha... I was 1/2 giving you some $hit... LOL

I checked vroom a couple weeks ago on my 16 2SS for $hits and grins. They'd give me almost 9k more then I paid. I'd have to replace it with something and the only something I'd consider would be a C7 Z06 and there is no way I'm paying those prices. For now... I'm worth a bit more then I was before with the elevated value of my Camaro. I'm good with that.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:53 PM   #67
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Chevy starts production.... prices fall. Why would you pay more for used. All these dealerships don’t have inventory so the are offering to buy anything.

And again inventory is low so what’s in sells fast. The are not buying in hopes of perceived value... they just need inventory.

These are not collectors car.

And where do you think the new prices will be? They are gonna be high. Supply and demand, like you implied. Even if MSRP is the same the dealerships are gonna mark the prices up. And then eventually the manufacturer will increase the prices too. Remember, the dealerships and manufacturers are all looking for ways to make back that money they all lost during the Pandemic. And since the majority of people out there don't have enough common sense to just walk away from a dealership that charges a mark up, I feel that this is going to become a trend. Think about it. If a used 17 Hellcat with 30K miles is listed for only $10K below what it sold at MSRP brand new, then don't you think the new ones are gonna see an increase?

Brand new they were $70K+ after decent options, taxes, and tags. Used they were around $45K for a 17 with low miles. So that is a hefty difference at $25K. Someone who couldn't afford or justify buying a new one at $75K would be comfortable getting a used one at $45K. But now the used ones are up to $60K. So using that same $25K difference, that means a new one could be closer to $80K+. And not for nothing, but the SRT8s will be where the HCs were.

Same with the SS and ZL1. A used ZL1 would have been around mid to low $40K last year whereas now they are well into the $50K. And the Base SS is now being bought at mid to high $30K by these companies when they were selling for low $30K a year ago. Which means those SS prices are gonna be in the high $30K to low $40K range at least. Which is where the ZL1s were starting out at. The C7 Stingrays are now where the C7 Z06s used to be pricewise. So what makes you think the prices will come down when production starts back up? I think this is going to be the way things are from now on.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:58 PM   #68
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Selling out now is only gonna benefit those who are looking to get out of this for a while. But the buy back in is gonna be costly. Most of those selling out will be dropping a trim level to get back in at the same prices. Because that is already what is happening. Even with Hyundais, Kias, etc. The pricing has all went up a tier. And the Mustang guys are making it even worse by paying %15K and $20K ADMs for a stupid Mustang. So then guess what. Why would a Chevy dealership keep letting ZL1s go for a discount knowing that not only were people gonna pay more MSRP for a POS GT500, but were also gonna drop an extra $15K+ on it? These dealerships are gonna start holding out until people want it bad enough and then pay the increased prices. Because someone who might not be able to get a GT500 or other likewise expensive vehicle WILL cross shop for the next best thing. So why let the next best thing go for cheap now?
Old 06-07-2021, 08:47 PM   #69
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Gotcha... I was 1/2 giving you some $hit... LOL

I checked vroom a couple weeks ago on my 16 2SS for $hits and grins. They'd give me almost 9k more then I paid. I'd have to replace it with something and the only something I'd consider would be a C7 Z06 and there is no way I'm paying those prices. For now... I'm worth a bit more then I was before with the elevated value of my Camaro. I'm good with that.

And Vroom sells the car for thousands more than a regular car lot sells the same car for. I can't understand how places like Carmax, Vroom, Carvana stay in business with their inflated prices with cars that typically have higher mileage than your local dealer.

They advertise no haggle. Do people think they're getting a better deal thinking no haggle? I wonder if millennials shop these online ones a lot because they don't know how to haggle. I'm 37, look young for my age and I know how to haggle because my uncle taught my dad how to when he was young. The last car I bought, the SS was already priced at rock bottom but the sales manager came out to talk to me because they were shocked how I could haggle.

I think us Camaro enthusiast are likely more educated when it comes to buying cars though and bargaining for a deal. When I bought my 2012 Mustang GT I literally knew more than the salesman when we were going over the car.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:53 PM   #70
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Selling out now is only gonna benefit those who are looking to get out of this for a while. But the buy back in is gonna be costly. Most of those selling out will be dropping a trim level to get back in at the same prices. Because that is already what is happening. Even with Hyundais, Kias, etc. The pricing has all went up a tier. And the Mustang guys are making it even worse by paying %15K and $20K ADMs for a stupid Mustang. So then guess what. Why would a Chevy dealership keep letting ZL1s go for a discount knowing that not only were people gonna pay more MSRP for a POS GT500, but were also gonna drop an extra $15K+ on it? These dealerships are gonna start holding out until people want it bad enough and then pay the increased prices. Because someone who might not be able to get a GT500 or other likewise expensive vehicle WILL cross shop for the next best thing. So why let the next best thing go for cheap now?

yea, what's the deal with Mustang people paying ADM for an overrated Mach 1 or GT350 lol. I'd take a SS 1LE over a Mach1. What is so special the Mach 1? The 1LE is a faster car and cheaper than a Mach 1.