Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-17-2021, 11:21 AM   #29
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
GM should have never killed Pontiac. It should have kept it and made it their more stylish, premium and performance mixed in wing. Go back to the days of the REAL GTO, not that bland looking one.

They should have brought the Firebird back and designed the GTO that looked like a real GTO. Specialize in performance for people like us.

They could made a modern day equiv to a Judge with the 455 engine like in 1970 that would be their beast, then have a regular Judge and GTO like the SS and LT1. Beef it up and have a fine interior like the GTO did.

To hell with electric and stupid weenie hybrid cars that a lot of dweebs and millennials like to drive now!
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:04 PM   #30
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Chevy
14 = Truck/SUV/EV (including 2022 Bolt EUV)
4 = Cars

Cadillac
6 = SUV (including 2022 Lyriq)
2 = Cars

Buick
4 = SUV

GMC
10= Truck/SUV/EV (including 2022 Hummer EV)

GM
34 = Truck/SUV/EV
6 = Cars
Fixed this for you.

Cadillac only has 2 models that are cars. CT4 and CT5. V and Blackwing are just trims in those model lines.

Buick has 4 models. Encore, Encore GX, Envision and Enclave.

I'm also including models like the Chevy Express and GMC Savanna since they're available in passenger configuration. Not including Medium Duty 3500/4500/5500/6500 trucks since those are fleet only.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:15 PM   #31
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I detailed a 1991 Buick Roadmaster last week. They don't make them like that anymore! Thank goodness!!! This one is in pretty good shape. This is the "before" picture.

KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:30 PM   #32
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Did they ever make a Roadmaster in the 80's/90's with feaux wood panel sides? I seem to remember seeing one from back then, and thinking "REALLY, this is what a car company thinks people want to drive?"
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:35 PM   #33
YellowFever

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue SS
My wife and I have the Buick Enclave, and it's a very nice car/crossover. Plenty of room, handles great also. Great for road trips. She drives it daily and loves it.
Hyper Blue 2SS - Cold Air Inductions CAI - Elite Engineering Catch Can - Black Fuel Door - GM Strut Tower Brace - GM Fender Hash Stripes - Ikon Front Lower Spoiler Lip - GM Black Bow Ties - GM Rear Deck Blackout - 35% Window Tint - GM Smoked Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light - Range Technologies AFM Disabler - Jet Performance Stage 2 Module - Jet Performance MAF Sensor - Jet Performance Throttle Body - GM Stainless Gas & Brake Pedal Upgrade - Soler Performance TC - OE Wheels ZL1 Replicas
YellowFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:40 PM   #34
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Did they ever make a Roadmaster in the 80's/90's with feaux wood panel sides? I seem to remember seeing one from back then, and thinking "REALLY, this is what a car company thinks people want to drive?"
The Roadmaster name was first used from the 1930s until the late 1950s. Then it was resurrected in 1991-1996.

The wagon version could be had with optional "faux wood" paneling. Yeah it was kinda lame. But, the bones of that car were very good. Especially with the 350. It was the same chassis GM made all their 1990s police cruisers on and you could cheaply and easily soup the car up.

My cousin has a '93 wagon with a crate 402 motor in it and completely beefed up suspension and brakes.

A lot of people even do manual transmission swaps in them now.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:53 PM   #35
HighIron

Drives: 2024 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I've always felt that 90% of the people who have SUVs don't really need or utilize their capabilities in space, seating, cargo area, hauling/towing capacity, or terrain capability. If there was no choice but to buy a standard coupe or sedan they'd get along in life just fine.

I mean, do you really need 60 cu. ft of cargo space to get the groceries? If you seriously need even half that, you and the significant other need to get fixed

That's kind of my observation as well. It seems those smaller SUVs are very popular ( Toyota RAV, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Honda CRV etc ) but based on the one's I've ridden in ( relatives, friends, GF ), there's certainly not much in the "S" department of SUV, and as well not really all that much in the way of the "U" either. The area between the back seat and the rear tailgate is really not that big...it's like the trunk of my Camaro if stood up on end. So what we have is compact four door sedan with more ground clearance than a sedan, and doesn't handle as well as a car.
HighIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:53 PM   #36
Monroe
Banned

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Buick is basically a Chinese car that GM only makes in China...What Buick SUVs sold here are made in China....Buick has some celestial ancient connection to the Chinese...They can keep them over there....Buick in the US is dead.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/04...olio-in-china/

So GM is also selling out to Communist China? Truly a sad commentary.
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:23 PM   #37
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I've always felt that 90% of the people who have SUVs don't really need or utilize their capabilities in space, seating, cargo area, hauling/towing capacity, or terrain capability. If there was no choice but to buy a standard coupe or sedan they'd get along in life just fine.

I mean, do you really need 60 cu. ft of cargo space to get the groceries? If you seriously need even half that, you and the significant other need to get fixed
They are easier to get in and out of, though, for old, overweight people, or people with physical conditions like chronic pain. That alone could sell them.

As much as I loved my RX-8, it felt kinda wrong to have my grandparents get in and out of it when they visited me, and that was a relatively practical coupé with its suicide doors. Ended up renting a BMW X3, which was kind of a POS(mainly due to CEL being on, very BMW) but it held their massive amount of luggage and it's less difficult to get in and out of for them.

There aren't many wagons to choose from here, either.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:37 PM   #38
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Yes. I never did like the faux woodgrain look. They make great sleepers though.

This one belongs to Dax Shepard and has a 700hp LSA in it.
Attached Images

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:51 PM   #39
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
They are easier to get in and out of, though, for old, overweight people, or people with physical conditions like chronic pain. That alone could sell them.

As much as I loved my RX-8, it felt kinda wrong to have my grandparents get in and out of it when they visited me, and that was a relatively practical coupé with its suicide doors. Ended up renting a BMW X3, which was kind of a POS(mainly due to CEL being on, very BMW) but it held their massive amount of luggage and it's less difficult to get in and out of for them.

There aren't many wagons to choose from here, either.
My 71 year old, 5'1" mother gets in and out of her Corvette far easier than any SUV. She will NEVER buy one. So there's that.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #40
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
90% of suv built now are pretty mini vans with normal doors
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:48 PM   #41
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighIron View Post
That's kind of my observation as well. It seems those smaller SUVs are very popular ( Toyota RAV, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Honda CRV etc ) but based on the one's I've ridden in ( relatives, friends, GF ), there's certainly not much in the "S" department of SUV, and as well not really all that much in the way of the "U" either. The area between the back seat and the rear tailgate is really not that big...it's like the trunk of my Camaro if stood up on end. So what we have is compact four door sedan with more ground clearance than a sedan, and doesn't handle as well as a car.

Yeah but you can fold the seats down for more space! *sarcasm*
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:02 PM   #42
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
So GM is also selling out to Communist China? Truly a sad commentary.
How is this selling out? Bucks sell very well there because they were/are very reliable compared to their own home grown products. Its the reason they still exist and a brand like Pontiac or Olds does not. Im pretty sure the Envision is the only gone that's sold in the US built in China, and that particular factory won an award with the lowest defects in the world.

https://www.assemblymag.com/articles...ty-auto-plants

Last edited by BluinSC; 05-17-2021 at 06:41 PM.
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote