#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-22-2021, 07:48 PM   #43
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogmanZL1 View Post
The ZL1 vert is a rare bird out in the wild and gets respect from the Porsche and BMW M guys that i ride with that had never seen one before me. Its tempting to sell with the market as strong as it is now and upgrade when things calm down, but its just too good with the top down to let it go! or make me an offer--ha
Yep, I 100% agree with everything you said.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:56 PM   #44
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
Great Question...I purchased a 2020 2SS A10 Vert with just about every option except the Mag Ride- I had a hard time finding a Crush 2SS Vert so the pickings were really slim.
My 2014 2SS/RS was also loaded but had the M6.

The A10 is awesome with the NPP. I leave the NPP in Track mode all the time. While I wish I could have found my dream car...I am really close. You will have to see what is out there in the current market - slim pickings...
Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:00 AM   #45
sf70h

Drives: 17' 2SS Camaro A8 Vert NPP
Has anyone driven both the 2SS and ZL1 Verts that could offer some feedback as to if it would be worth moving to from the 2SS?

I'm looking at selling my 2SS Vert and either getting a (new) ZL1 vert soon, or a C8 Z51 2LT Vert (in 22' or 23'). If I didn't want a vert so badly, I'd also be looking at the GT500 and Hellcat Variants. Might still consider that though, but I love drop tops too much!
sf70h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #46
HogmanZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf70h View Post
Has anyone driven both the 2SS and ZL1 Verts that could offer some feedback as to if it would be worth moving to from the 2SS?

I'm looking at selling my 2SS Vert and either getting a (new) ZL1 vert soon, or a C8 Z51 2LT Vert (in 22' or 23'). If I didn't want a vert so badly, I'd also be looking at the GT500 and Hellcat Variants. Might still consider that though, but I love drop tops too much!
I guess it really depends if you are becoming tired of the camaro as your car, or simply wanting more power? If you upgrade to a zl1 you will obviously enjoy more pulling power. im impressed with the 2SS for everyday street driving, but the difference being the amount of torque and pull of the zl1 beyond what the SS delivers.

Just like all fast things... cars, motorcycles, boats.. you get accustom to that acceleration and speed over time and you will quickly in the Z as well since its familiar, so you need to make sure you would be happy sitting in that "same" camaro a little longer. For me its a yes... love my car and brings huge smiles to my face seeing it in the driveway AND driving away.

just make sure you like the camaro, and you'll love your zl1 upgrade. good luck!
HogmanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:28 AM   #47
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Lightbulb

I drove several 2SS V8s (manual and auto) and a ZL1 AT10 before I got my ZL1 vert 6 speed.

For me, they were both great. In the end, when I specced the 2SS with as many of the standard features of the ZL1 trim as possible (Recaro seats, Dual-Mode exhaust, MagnaRide, Brembo brakes, etc.), and then considered the extra cost of the ZL1 additional features (+200 HP, additional cooling, additional software modes, bodykit, etc.), the ZL1 was a great value for what you get as a package. (Maybe should compare 2SS 1LE to ZL1 from the start.)

And then there's the carbon heat extractor and flow tie!!!

(Go drive the ZL1 if you can and judge for yourself. Good luck SF70H.)

Differences between 2SS and ZL1

Track Test: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - Camaro, Redefined

Motor Trend - 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 First Test: Brute Squad Goals

Attached Images

Last edited by Plasar; 06-26-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:37 AM   #48
Chutzpah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf70h View Post

It’s extra power / a couple options, that’s basically it. The SS feels a bit lighter / tossible (as it should without a SC sitting on the nose). The Z really shines on wide sweeping on and off ramps, ones that allow for the extra power, braking and massive rubber to do their job(s). Short bursts on the highway are more fun too (again, power). The A10 is a great tranny… I’m just starting to use the 3 second paddle downshift… boy, that’s fun to ramp up that up and shift to the next gear. The Z’s engine and tranny is built a bit more robustly than the SS, so I’m not feeling at all concerned with having fun with them.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:33 AM   #49
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
I didnt have a dream car until i found it.

Used car market is frustrating, i found that people have weird tastes when they order these cars.

My wife talked me into getting this one.
Attached Images

Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:23 PM   #50
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Talking

You picked a great car... and a great wife!
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:59 PM   #51
MrChevyDC3

Drives: 2022 Vert 2SS
Waiting to hear whats weird about the car... I like the stripes and the color accent. Gray can be so mundane, yet the subtle red undertones alerts you to the beast within
MrChevyDC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:57 PM   #52
Speak99

The grey and black make it look like a sleeper, the red gives a warning.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:48 AM   #53
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Love the Redline look. That's a nice ride!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:49 PM   #54
Speak99

Thanks, she really turns heads.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:51 PM   #55
MrChevyDC3

Drives: 2022 Vert 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
It’s extra power / a couple options, that’s basically it. The SS feels a bit lighter / tossible (as it should without a SC sitting on the nose). The Z really shines on wide sweeping on and off ramps, ones that allow for the extra power, braking and massive rubber to do their job(s). Short bursts on the highway are more fun too (again, power). The A10 is a great tranny… I’m just starting to use the 3 second paddle downshift… boy, that’s fun to ramp up that up and shift to the next gear. The Z’s engine and tranny is built a bit more robustly than the SS, so I’m not feeling at all concerned with having fun with them.

Can you elaborate on this feature for us newB's?
MrChevyDC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:39 PM   #56
Chutzpah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChevyDC3 View Post
Can you elaborate on this feature for us newB's?
Hold the steering wheel downshift paddle switch for a couple seconds (in an auto). The car drops to the lowest possible gear without over revving. I do this going in to some nice S curves at a decent speed … typically over 60MPH w / WARM tires. Once the car has dropped to its lowest gear, I floor it (timed with where you are exiting corner), then hit the up shift button. You get a good solid, fast up shift (or 2, depending where you are and how fast you want to go). It adds a bit of extra excitement for me as I really like manual transmissions and that type of feel / control. This car just happens to be mostly a cruiser, so that’s why went auto.