Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-07-2020, 09:45 AM   #673
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I went to Atco last night...

The last Atco Friday night this year (hopefully not forever).

The Sinister Mustang was there but we did not get a chance to run. However others have mentioned this besides myself that my Camaro LT1 with just tires and a CAI is as fast as any automatic Camaro SS or Mustang GT. It is the lightest car of the three. And a bit faster than any 392 powered Dodge with the same mods.

My theory about the LT1 model has proven to be true as far as I can prove it. . I am a second tier manual driver. I only made it to number 10 on the SS M6 stock drag list, and I am sure faster times have been accomplished and never were recorded. I bet a better driver like Snowblind who dissects every run to go faster would already have my LT1 in the 11s. But even an all thumbs old man like me can get a 12.10 out of a basically stock M6 LT1 even without mineshaft air. Flame-suit on!

Last night the drive in street lanes 9 and 10 turned out to be 7, 8, 9,and 10. This is fun but the problem is some really fast cars with inexperienced drivers. Two of them hit the wall. I was there at 4:30 PM and got my first run at 6 PM and my second at 8:30 PM. So even though thhis may be my last Atco night I went home after my okay second run.

Wierdly in line for the first run this guy in a pretty fast 11 second Honda next to me revved his car for about 1/2 hour before the first run and waiting for the second one I was next to a clapped old Nissan. That Nissan had a busted starter and had his friends push start him. Even at idle it was loud.

My first run was weird. I hit my shifts but the car did not feel right, but I thought oh well, it should be good:
12.447@114.01 with a 1.978 60’ Slow!!

That clapped out Honda ran 11.371@128.11, but I won!! I treed him with my sorry ass 0.352 RT to his napping turbo spooling 1.580. I heard him coming but I nailed the 3-4. It was a great race.

Sitting in line for two hours I realized I the LT1 was not fully warmed up!! DOH!

My second run was back to being good so I went home:
12.186@115.59.

Snowblind was there and once again setting national C8 light Bolton records.

Hopefully more to come.....
Old 03-06-2021, 01:01 PM   #674
Fraxum

Two of my runs at Atco lastAugust:

Many thanks to to Dave Milcarek Photography ! He has been taking pics at Atco for quite a while. I might try to dig up the last 5 Camaros that I have run at Atco. A wall of Camaros!

Another 50 HP and a tune to get rid of the GM bog I think I could get a little air under 1 wheel. Or am I dreaming?

I am also hoping for another Season of drag racing before Atco closes.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:44 PM   #675
Fraxum

I went to Atco a few weeks ago......

These were my first runs on my new tire wheel setup. My best run of the night below: 12.398@114.14. Slow! My heavier 1LE replica wheels with Nitto 20" DRs. I knew the LT1 would be slower and I was out of practice. I was 3 10ths and 2 MPH slower than my best run on my old 17" DR setup from my ZL1. I did expect to be slower. But not this much. Oh well I love this setup on the street.

So these will be my last runs for now. Later on I may come back to atco if I decide to put on my LT2 IM. That should get me back to where I was.

For now I will stop beating on my forever Camaro. If I come back it will be to watch. The Atco sunset that night was a signal to go home. I was no match for the The Sinister Mustang now running in the high 11s with just a tune. THank you Sinister crew for that photo.

A better pic of the new look....
[/CENTER]