Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Phastek Performance

Old 06-09-2021, 05:09 PM   #1
MVPxD

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Daily street tires?

Hello guys,

Sorry if this doesn’t belong here. Couldn’t find where else to put it? So I had to get my two rear tires plugged due to a nail in each.
I’ve just purchased a drag set for the rear to use at the track. I also don’t wanna spend another $650 on tires for the rear. But I do want to drive my car spirited here and there, because … that’s why I got it lol

My question is, are there any pair of rear tires that are relatively cheap that have ok traction, I can use as daily’s to drive spirited here and there?

Thanks,

Falcao
MVPxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #2
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Cold weather or no?
Old 06-09-2021, 06:46 PM   #3
SSUNDVL

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I have had a few nails in tires this year and really sick of buying tires. nt555g2s are ok for daily, readily available at a lot of places and cheap compared to other options. grip in the snow is non existent, if that matters you probably have the wrong car to start with though... or should have something for winter.

I carry a mini pump with me and patch kit so i dont have to use run flats, but it is not advised to drive high speeds with a patch so if you get a hole still a good idea to replace. Tire blowouts can be very expensive if tire blows out at high speeds.
SSUNDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:18 AM   #4
peteric

Drives: 2016 camaro
The Nitto 555R2 are great for street and track use.
peteric is offline   Reply With Quote