Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 06-04-2021, 07:32 AM   #15
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
This is great info. I really want to start going to track days and autocross so this is good.

Help me understand something here. So in just track mode, the car still help you more that much? If you were doing twisty roads up mountains, what settings would you run if you are familiar with the road?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
This is a tricky question, as i dont know what your experience level is, nor how familiar are you with the car in terms of feeling its balance and what is your ability in correcting any excessive yaw situations. If you were to turn Stabilitrack off (all off, or PTM Race settings) the car will NOT help you manage such situations AT ALL. So, these would be the most aggressive settings where driver's skill must be high lest you could spin and wreck either due to over or understeer. I would say a public road is NOT a place to practice driver skills! I will also say, although i have tons of track events under my belt and feel very comfortable with the car, i NEVER push it on any public roads.
So, highly recommend signing up for HPDE events and getting proper instruction before pushing a car anywhere. Period. Full stop.

That said, if you just go into Track mode, basically the suspension will go into this mode, while everything else will remain std (see my OP for details). The most aggressive setting for performance driving, which will still retain both Stabilitrack and TC is PTM Sport 1. Albeit those will be more relaxed vs a std setting.

Hope this gives ya some more data points to consider. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:06 AM   #16
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
This is a tricky question, as i dont know what your experience level is, nor how familiar are you with the car in terms of feeling its balance and what is your ability in correcting any excessive yaw situations. If you were to turn Stabilitrack off (all off, or PTM Race settings) the car will NOT help you manage such situations AT ALL. So, these would be the most aggressive settings where driver's skill must be high lest you could spin and wreck either due to over or understeer. I would say a public road is NOT a place to practice driver skills! I will also say, although i have tons of track events under my belt and feel very comfortable with the car, i NEVER push it on any public roads.

So, highly recommend signing up for HPDE events and getting proper instruction before pushing a car anywhere. Period. Full stop.

That said, if you just go into Track mode, basically the suspension will go into this mode, while everything else will remain std (see my OP for details). The most aggressive setting for performance driving, which will still retain both Stabilitrack and TC is PTM Sport 1. Albeit those will be more relaxed vs a std setting.

Hope this gives ya some more data points to consider. Cheers!
Thanks. Yes I am going to work on getting instruction and getting better at learning the car.

Old 06-04-2021, 10:09 AM   #17
weemus

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
When I started tracking I worked up though the modes starting at Sport 1. When you can feel the system getting in the way/holding you back, its likely time to go up a mode.

However there are good reasons to stay in a mode or cycle down as needed. I was at VIR last week in the rain for a session and PTM Wet was perfect, kept me out of trouble and had the track nearly to myself to work on some lines.
weemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:43 AM   #18
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Thanks. Yes I am going to work on getting instruction and getting better at learning the car.

Good call
Old 06-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #19
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemus View Post
When I started tracking I worked up though the modes starting at Sport 1. When you can feel the system getting in the way/holding you back, its likely time to go up a mode.

However there are good reasons to stay in a mode or cycle down as needed. I was at VIR last week in the rain for a session and PTM Wet was perfect, kept me out of trouble and had the track nearly to myself to work on some lines.
Good advice! That's the beauty about the GM system: it permits many choices based on skill, conditions and other factors.
Much better flexibility vs most others. Cheers!