Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-18-2021, 03:48 PM   #1
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
303 graphene nano spray / alternative protection to traditional wax

Anyone use the aforementioned 303 graphene nano spray?
Or any 303 products for that matter?

I have used Meguiars products for many years, before that mothers and eagle one back in the 1980's. We used to wax our windshields and windows before water repellent products like rain x came along.

I am seeking alternatives and or improvements for traditional waxing for my 2017 ss.

This is something I really want to do myself. Protection and gloss are equally important.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 05:09 PM   #2
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
I've been using hydro2 for years, due to the ease of application and protection.
I gave the 303 nano coating a shot back in november. one application, done in direct sunlight on a 75 degree day. It went on super easy and came off with a little effort.

so far I'm only finding a few spots where I think it has "failed", but it's areas that my hydro2 coating would fail first also.

so far I'm happy with it. Sure, it didn't last "up to a year" like they advertised, but it lasted me well through the winter (no garage, daily driven).

I'll keep using it.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:55 AM   #3
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill View Post
Or any 303 products for that matter?
I put 303 Fabric guard on my top in August 2017. Still beading water perfectly 3-1/2+ years later. Excellent product, and I heartily recommend it to anyone who asks, and a few who don't.

Any care care product performance claim including the word "graphene" is 100% marketing bull$#!t purporting the latest fad. The actual hydrophobic materials in the product may perform fine and serve you quite well. But don't fall for the marketing scam and pay a penny extra for the word "graphene" vs. the eleventy trillion alternatives.

In this test, 303 performed badly, but there's talk it was a bad batch. He bought it himself so an "honest" review of what you may get if you buy similarly. Speaks to quality control.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:05 PM   #4
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
Thanks for your replies.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote