Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Talking First good run through the canyons

Got to take the car and really um....stretch it's legs ;-). Don't want to incriminate my self too much lol. It's my my wife and my anniversary this weekend so we dropped off the kids and took the Camaro for a nice cruise. Wide open straights and plenty of tight twisties. Had the wife white knuckled most of the way. Even got to BLOW by a murdered out 5.0.

Here are my impressions of the car;

Better than I could have imagined is NOT an overstatent. This car is a MONSTER. I took corners with endless confidence. Its charges out of the corners like its been shot out of a cannon. With the Roto-Fab intake, SP headers, high flow cats and no mufflers, the sound alone was enough to keep me smiling ear to ear the entire time. My wife kept saying that she couldn't remember seeing me that excited ever before. I was like a 16 year old kid again.

I shut it down when my wife got squirmy but it felt like it could keep pulling forever. I was able to get my G Meter to .96 and it never even pushed one ounce. GM, you have literally blown my mind with this car. Best car I've ever owned. Puts my previous 2 Camaros to shame!!

I will be taking the same detour to pick up the kids tomorrow :-)
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Wilsonation

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Vert
Nice! Just be careful.
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Wilsonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:03 PM   #3
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
Nice! Just be careful.
Always :-)
Old 02-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
Stuff like this has me excited for some of the upcoming canyon/mountain pass cruises coming up in my area over the next few months! I can't wait! I just finally got mine onto a highway yesterday to open it up. The 1LE definitely wants to RUN!
DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
If you thought that was fun, just wait until you take it on a road course- you will be in nirvana!
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #6
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonGPF View Post
Stuff like this has me excited for some of the upcoming canyon/mountain pass cruises coming up in my area over the next few months! I can't wait! I just finally got mine onto a highway yesterday to open it up. The 1LE definitely wants to RUN!
I'm not a member of any clubs out here. I need to be though. And yes, these cars a at home in the revs and turns :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
If you thought that was fun, just wait until you take it on a road course- you will be in nirvana!
Miller Motorsports Park should be fun this October. I'm just a little nervous as it will be my first time and I have not even begun to get comfortable with heel/toe racing....
Old 02-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
Miller Motorsports Park should be fun this October. I'm just a little nervous as it will be my first time and I have not even begun to get comfortable with heel/toe racing....
I'm a big fan of instruction, that'll make it easier than you think. I get an instructor at every new track. And the nice thing about heel toe shifting is that you can avoid it for a while by shifting less. On some tracks, you can leave it in 4th for the whole track while you're learning the line. And as long as you downshift well before the corner in the straights, you won't have to worry about upsetting the car with a not-so-smooth downshift.

Or fly or drive down to Spring Mountain Raceway and take a Ron Fellows class- absolutely awesome, everyone was grinning ear to ear at the end of the class. Then spend the weekend in Vegas after the class. I've taken two levels and loved every minute of it.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #8
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
I'm a big fan of instruction, that'll make it easier than you think. I get an instructor at every new track. And the nice thing about heel toe shifting is that you can avoid it for a while by shifting less. On some tracks, you can leave it in 4th for the whole track while you're learning the line. And as long as you downshift well before the corner in the straights, you won't have to worry about upsetting the car with a not-so-smooth downshift.

Or fly or drive down to Spring Mountain Raceway and take a Ron Fellows class- absolutely awesome, everyone was grinning ear to ear at the end of the class. Then spend the weekend in Vegas after the class. I've taken two levels and loved every minute of it.
Great info! I really appreciate it.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #9
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
I'm not a member of any clubs out here. I need to be though. And yes, these cars a at home in the revs and turns :-)
EXACTLY the reason I bought mine. I loved all the canyon carving I did with my EVO IX for years. Can't wait. This car has grunt behind it as well as top notch handling characteristics. The two things that make a car great IMO.

DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #10
sean90

Drives: 2014 2SS
I'm was really hoping a video would Accompany this post
sean90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:18 PM   #11
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean90 View Post
I'm was really hoping a video would Accompany this post
I kept telling my wife to record one lol. I do have a screen shot of her navigation that showed my top speed as proof but I will not post it on here for obvious reasons
Old 02-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #12
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNnnnnnnnddddd, you all suck as we freeze are arse off here in the mid west and haven't even had the covers off of our cars since October.

Seriously though, enjoy responsibly and take it to the track, it is sooooo much better.

I have video if you search the youtube user ChiTownTbone or watch OrangeCrush's.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:01 AM   #13
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Exactly Tbone, mother nature needs to get off her high horse and bring the warm weather. Cold in Wisconsin here.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote