Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 06-29-2017, 03:13 AM   #43
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Cem, that blows that you damaged your wheel from such a minor off. Aint that just the way it goes? Do a full whirly-bird and mow the field at 70mph and you drive away dirty. Do a small half spin over a strip at 40 and you're out a few hundred. Why, again to we do this?
Old 06-29-2017, 09:58 AM   #44
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Apexing earlier or getting in tighter at the apex? Hard for me to tell in the somewhat dark video.

I tried searching Youtube on the stuff in between your [u 2 b][/u 2 b] tags but wasn't getting anywhere.

Norm
A little of A and a little of B. I know I can get tighter to the edge in some cases, but I was still babying it since I had JUST finished the 1500 mile break in period as I entered the gates at the track. This was the first track day in this car and my second track day ever

But, I realized after watching the video that I could stand to turn in sooner in most of the corners. My exits are pretty shallow since I'm turning in so late. While I have more power than most cars out there and I could probably get away with a little later turn-in, I think I'm still turning in too late in this lap.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:13 PM   #45
AdvanSuper

Drives: 1SS HBM w/MRC NPP
Starts @ 1:50

AdvanSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:49 AM   #46
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanSuper View Post
Starts @ 1:50

I see you did end up going to the Triad 50th. How was it? That looked like a good run. Did you convince the GF to go and drive this time?
Old 06-30-2017, 04:19 PM   #47
AdvanSuper

Drives: 1SS HBM w/MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
I see you did end up going to the Triad 50th. How was it? That looked like a good run. Did you convince the GF to go and drive this time?
No, she had work and a test the next day. She will be running her car at NCCAR the 8th though and I will be taking mine.

Unfortunately no one was in my class except a 335i that was running 50's. I started at 48.2 then closed with a 47.6 and the car definitely had a 46 in it.
AdvanSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:19 AM   #48
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
Cem, that blows that you damaged your wheel from such a minor off. Aint that just the way it goes? Do a full whirly-bird and mow the field at 70mph and you drive away dirty. Do a small half spin over a strip at 40 and you're out a few hundred. Why, again to we do this?
I hear you on that. I will need to find a good vacuum cleaner as I always run off track and have to clean the car too often Whenever I push the new car or the tires to learn their limits. Most of the time I am able to recover but statistically it cannot be that way. I am not doing the smartest things I have to admit

Here's another one, a bit scarier one with my old BRZ. I broke the ABS sensor two day after I installed the Rotrex supercharger. Of course, it didn't stop me from going to a track day on the very next day! Here's me shifting from 6th to 4th and applying too much brake, locking up the rear and a snap oversteer. About 100mph spin. FYI, nothing happened to the Enkei RPF1s after this

glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:41 AM   #49
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
I hear you on that. I will need to find a good vacuum cleaner as I always run off track and have to clean the car too often Whenever I push the new car or the tires to learn their limits. Most of the time I am able to recover but statistically it cannot be that way. I am not doing the smartest things I have to admit

Here's another one, a bit scarier one with my old BRZ. I broke the ABS sensor two day after I installed the Rotrex supercharger. Of course, it didn't stop me from going to a track day on the very next day! Here's me shifting from 6th to 4th and applying too much brake, locking up the rear and a snap oversteer. About 100mph spin. FYI, nothing happened to the Enkei RPF1s after this

Didn't hear a rev match, did you heel toe at all on that corner? Busted sensor probably didn't help either...glad everything turned out ok
Old 07-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #50
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Didn't hear a rev match
Thinking the very same thing, though there is a lot of what I'm guessing is wind noise.

The chirp I heard when I listened to it with earbuds sounded a whole lot more like it was caused by clutch re-engagement, and a lower mass/PMOI car is going to come around more quickly when it does get loose.

Norm
Old 07-01-2017, 09:21 PM   #51
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post

and how it happened. I bent the passenger front wheel:
https://youtu.be/JbLNZlolznw

i'll post mine... a friend said he wanted me to incorporate music into my videos so I made this a while back haha. around 0:54 is where I ate it going about 80ish mph.. dropped a wheel to the left while planning on going right and just spun... lots of dirt and grass in the car (never got it all out before I sold it, sorry next guy!) but didn't have any issues with any of the wheels. got lucky I didn't catch something for sure!
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:50 PM   #52
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Didn't hear a rev match, did you heel toe at all on that corner? Busted sensor probably didn't help either...glad everything turned out ok
Heel toe / rev match all the time, even when the rev match is on with the new Camaro
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:04 PM   #53
OminouSS

Hey guys. I was lucky to be able to run the longest road course in America last weekend and am very happy with the times the car was able to put down. I didn't have an SD card in for my fastest but here is a lap at the very end of the day, in 107* heat. A 3:13 running cyclone. That really is the longest config as usually on a 5 mile day they will run the bypass over 5A. I am hoping to suggest to the Camaro community that the next Camaro fest be in Sacramanto area, giving us the opportunity to run either Sonoma or Thunderhill 5 mile. It's an amazing course. Enjoy!

PS: Q:
What happens when a Camaro hunts down a super car?
A: They pass it.

Old 07-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #54
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
PS: Q:
What happens when a Camaro hunts down a super car?
A: they pass it
Haha nice work! Haven't seen one of those out there yet, nice work... looks like that thing was wiggling all around trying to hold you at bay.. no such luck!
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:14 AM   #55
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
I could have sworn I posted this earlier today.

Two vids from Saturdays CFR autocross.
MatthewAMEL
https://youtu.be/ofNKhC0og7w

Erics ZL1, after the Viper.
https://youtu.be/p2OpYI6cwoU
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:40 AM   #56
OminouSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzberd6 View Post
I could have sworn I posted this earlier today.

Two vids from Saturdays CFR autocross.
MatthewAMEL
https://youtu.be/ofNKhC0og7w

Erics ZL1, after the Viper.
https://youtu.be/p2OpYI6cwoU
I would straight F&#@ up those cones and fling em back over the highway.