Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-06-2022, 10:57 AM   #43
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
OP, don't let work from home keep you away from something you clearly love, I also work from home and barely go out anyways, paying an expensive monthly payment for a very unnecessary car that gets driven maybe 10 miles a week for normal use, however I just can't get enough of my car, every time I get into it is an occasion, it makes for great conversation with other and I just LOVE walking up to my car, these are not rational cars, these are emotional purchases that should make us happy, going out at 2-3 am for a drive on a causeway through Tampa Bay is pure bliss that no other normal/utilitarian vehicle could replicate.
Yep it was emotional for the first 4 years... But now I'm being rational while the market is good for used cars.

It'll suck, but I'll survive.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:54 AM   #44
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
I am paying around 150$ for both and insurance already knows that they are barely used. But the price won't change.

Yes I love my M6 RWD. I'm really a car guy, but I'm also realistic in life. I'm not in a financial situation where I can do whatever I want with my money. I can afford it, but it would be wiser to do something else, hence why I'm doing it. It will suck, but other opportunities will come up in the future.

And I don't want a Subaru or Toyota or whatever. I liked the look of the Camaro, that's why I chose it.

I would settle for any of the RWD M6 cars that I mentioned if I had to. I suspect that the price of admission will go up in a few years, especially once EVs are all over the place. I'm actually speaking from experience on this one. When the SS Sedan was due to stop production, I wasn't as in a hurry to find one. Then slowly I found it hard to find what I was looking for (a M6 in a specific color). Then production was ended. I was able to get one, but not in the configuration/color I wanted. I think if I had been able to get what I wanted, I wouldn't be looking to get rid of it now.

That having been said, get what you want and if that's the Ranger then there's nothing more to do IMO.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:24 PM   #45
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I would settle for any of the RWD M6 cars that I mentioned if I had to. I suspect that the price of admission will go up in a few years, especially once EVs are all over the place. I'm actually speaking from experience on this one. When the SS Sedan was due to stop production, I wasn't as in a hurry to find one. Then slowly I found it hard to find what I was looking for (a M6 in a specific color). Then production was ended. I was able to get one, but not in the configuration/color I wanted. I think if I had been able to get what I wanted, I wouldn't be looking to get rid of it now.

That having been said, get what you want and if that's the Ranger then there's nothing more to do IMO.
A part of me actually wishes I had plucked one of those (at the time) highly discounted 2016 SS sedans instead of buying my Camaro SS. They are worth more now than what they were worth when new. Not to mention they are pretty rare, and it would have fit my family much better (got a wife and 2 kids, and we pretty much never take the Camaro anywhere). Buuuut...at the time I thought the SS didn't look mean enough, and it didn't have the LT1 or the 8 speed transmission. But knowing myself, I could have made it look how I wanted, and with a few small mods I'm sure it would have been plenty fast for me.
Old 01-06-2022, 03:25 PM   #46
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post

In fact, I'm actually really looking forward for a coupe EV that will look decent... So, it's a 'i cross my fingers" situation! Haha
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 06:26 PM   #47
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
In fact, I'm actually really looking forward for a coupe EV that will look decent... So, it's a 'i cross my fingers" situation! Haha
Yeah, the Leaf I have looks pretty dumpy, but $10K worth of tax subsidies means I can live with it for now. I probably could've spent $10K more and got something that doesn't look as basic, but I am trying to be frugal as the Camaro I have on order is anything but frugal. The beauty of having an EV is that if gas prices go insane again (which is being predicted) then having an EV will offset those price increases. As for now, life with the Leaf isn't as easy as life with the full sized truck I had before. I have come close to the range limit a few times, and some of the neighbors that live in my complex are inconsiderate morons when it comes to parking at the charging station. But, in the two weeks I've owned the Leaf, it's cost me about $12 for about 400-ish miles. In my Titan, that would've cost me about $70.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
A part of me actually wishes I had plucked one of those (at the time) highly discounted 2016 SS sedans instead of buying my Camaro SS. They are worth more now than what they were worth when new. Not to mention they are pretty rare, and it would have fit my family much better (got a wife and 2 kids, and we pretty much never take the Camaro anywhere). Buuuut...at the time I thought the SS didn't look mean enough, and it didn't have the LT1 or the 8 speed transmission. But knowing myself, I could have made it look how I wanted, and with a few small mods I'm sure it would have been plenty fast for me.

The SS is definitely a sleeper. But I think that's what I love about it. And I have been known to catch a few sleeping Tesla off guard. My favorite had to be the derp that didn't understand that his Tesla's instant torque doesn't mean much when on the highway and the LS3 is in the meaty part of its torque curve. The Camaro is definitely going to be something to get used to. I suspect I'll get a lot of people trying to challenge me at a stoplight, but I am a little more restrained these days as you have less to prove with age.

My SS was currently appraised by the dealership that has my Camaro on order for a good $8000 less than what I see other SS's go for online, which is a little disappointing. You'd think a SS Sedan that was garage kept with less than 38,000 on the odometer would go for at least what other higher mileage SS's are going for. But I think my dealership is trying to make up for their claimed "Will sell to you at MSRP". Oh well. I have 2 more months to sell it privately.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:12 AM   #48
tx22ss

Drives: 22 2SS Camaro, Avalanche, Caddi SRX
working from home is exactly why I bought my 22 2SS Camaro!
tx22ss is offline   Reply With Quote