Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-23-2022, 03:47 PM   #29
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
That patience to custom color the stitching is able, it came out great indeed.
Mann tell me about it. It took about 3-4 hours to complete the entire front stitching of the car. I went over it twice with a brand new pen so it can look nice and bright after it dries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Wow! You have been busy. Lots of under the hood mods. I can't decide if I want to do the LT2 intake manifold or not.

My Mishimoto catch can is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I hope install it later in the week. Looks like yours fits fine with the strut tower brace.
Yes the Mishimoto catch can will fit under the strut tower brace but if you want to check the oil can from time to time you will have to remove it unless you have little hands to turn it. The LT2 manifold is a nice mod to add for sure with no tune required. I've went road course racing with it with no issues or CEL. If you do decide to add it, you will need spacers for the strut tower bolts so you can have clearance. I have a C8 Cover for the manifold but I haven't tried that yet.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:47 PM   #30
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Well the time has come, I never thought I would say but I am extremely proud to say this that I have officially dropped my car off to Katech! I know I haven’t updated you guys in a while but I can’t wait to see the finishing results. I’ll share pics as soon as I get them and update y’all along the way.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2023, 04:39 PM   #31
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
Well the time has come, I never thought I would say but I am extremely proud to say this that I have officially dropped my car off to Katech! I know I haven’t updated you guys in a while but I can’t wait to see the finishing results. I’ll share pics as soon as I get them and update y’all along the way.
Cant wait to see the results!
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:37 PM   #32
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Awesome! Looking forward to the updates. Wow, I've seen a lot of forum members getting work done by Katech in the last few weeks -- more than usual. I suppose springtime will be here soon and folks want their cars ready!
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 06:51 PM   #33
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Cant wait to see the results!
Thanks me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Awesome! Looking forward to the updates. Wow, I've seen a lot of forum members getting work done by Katech in the last few weeks -- more than usual. I suppose springtime will be here soon and folks want their cars ready!
Yessir! they definitely has a long waitlist, I booked with them back in Late November/Early December and just now getting in. So they are busy but if they get the job done right I dont mind waiting.

Old 02-08-2023, 08:52 AM   #34
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
This is awesome, good luck with the build, brother Don't you forget to post pics and numbers at the end so we can drool properly

BTW nice photo arrangement, feels almost like the final shot of episode 1 in a series.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 06:43 AM   #35
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Quote:
This is HUGE man! can't wait to see what they cook up for you!
Old 02-09-2023, 01:33 PM   #36
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This is awesome, good luck with the build, brother Don't you forget to post pics and numbers at the end so we can drool properly

BTW nice photo arrangement, feels almost like the final shot of episode 1 in a series.
Thanks bro! I appreciate it! You know I’m going to keep my Camaro family updated.

Old 02-09-2023, 01:37 PM   #37
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Quick update on the build. I finally got my first baseline numbers and I was curious to see what my car made with just the few mods I had which was LT2 IM, Ported TB by Mamo and Rotofab CAI. 391/345 is definitely not bad on stock tune
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2023, 02:54 PM   #38
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Quick update on the build. I finally got my first baseline numbers and I was curious to see what my car made with just the few mods I had which was LT2 IM, Ported TB by Mamo and Rotofab CAI. 391/345 is definitely not bad on stock tune
Numbers seem kinda low especially the torque. I wonder if the stock tune was compensating and making the car run a little rich in order to be on the safe side since you changed airflow a decent amount without changing the tune.
m6-lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 03:00 PM   #39
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Numbers seem kinda low especially the torque. I wonder if the stock tune was compensating and making the car run a little rich in order to be on the safe side since you changed airflow a decent amount without changing the tune.
That’s what I was thinking. That could be the case i do know that the ECU from factory is torque based and the car really was compensating because the TQ numbers are low. I didn’t get any CEL with these mods but I figured I share what I got so people are aware if they was curious.

Last edited by Blackmonba6Gen; 02-10-2023 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:29 PM   #40
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Well now that we got the baseline out of the way, now it’s time to focus on the finish line. The engine is out now. I wonder does this void my warranty
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2023, 04:10 PM   #41
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Interesting desk & work station that guy has! A little different than my cubicle.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 05:28 PM   #42
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
Interesting desk & work station that guy has! A little different than my cubicle.
I know right! I’m a little jealous! I definitely picked the wrong field LOL