#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > ZL1 Parts

AWE Tuning

Old 11-07-2020, 01:10 PM   #1
FalconerOneSeven

Drives: ZL1
Zl1 1LE spoiler

SOLD!

Aftermarket ABS spoiler painted black meet kettle WA384A original ZL1 black metallic paint.
Winglets affixed with JB weld for plastic and composite 3700 Psi.
Paid $450 for the spoiler + $300 for winglets assembly, prep and painting.

I used for 3 months until I received my Anderson Carbon spoiler. It is still in near perfect condition, no visible dents or scratch.

Asking price $500 + shipping.
Attached Images

Last edited by FalconerOneSeven; 12-07-2020 at 11:45 AM.
FalconerOneSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 09:54 PM   #2
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Ok, I'm interested. but how much to send to Bangkok Thailand?
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:58 AM   #3
FalconerOneSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
Ok, I'm interested. but how much to send to Bangkok Thailand?
To be honest, my experience shipping something of that size internationally will be for more than the $500. I don't think it is feasible

Last edited by FalconerOneSeven; 11-08-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:18 PM   #4
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconerOneSeven View Post
To be honest, my experience shipping something of that size internationally will be for more than the $500. I don't think it is feasible
It might be. But on the other hand, shipping a real carbon one is also just as expensive and dangerous. I could lose even more cash if it snaps. $500 is much less to chance. And we can ship, I have a freight forwarder in the states if I need to use one. The real question is, how well can you pack it? That is the real issue. Yes, I'm interested. Although, I have to say. Anderson's is a great deal at the price they're asking, amazing actually. And I did write them about a few of their products, the spoiler being one. But I'm more worried about how their products ships here. Lastly, imported cars in Thailand get a 200% tariff and fees. So if I paid for a American ZL1, then a grand for an awesome looking spoiler is worth it for me. I will also add the rest of the 1LE front Facia (which by the time it gets here is another grand) as well.

Last edited by Bangkok_ZL1; 11-08-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:04 AM   #5
jkmskfk

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
so is this OEM or aftermarket?
jkmskfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:30 AM   #6
FalconerOneSeven

Quote:
It might be. But on the other hand, shipping a real carbon one is also just as expensive and dangerous. I could lose even more cash if it snaps. $500 is much less to chance. And we can ship, I have a freight forwarder in the states if I need to use one. The real question is, how well can you pack it? That is the real issue. Yes, I'm interested. Although, I have to say. Anderson's is a great deal at the price they're asking, amazing actually. And I did write them about a few of their products, the spoiler being one. But I'm more worried about how their products ships here. Lastly, imported cars in Thailand get a 200% tariff and fees. So if I paid for a American ZL1, then a grand for an awesome looking spoiler is worth it for me. I will also add the rest of the 1LE front Facia (which by the time it gets here is another grand) as well.
If you arrange for freight it's yours. It will be packed in a heavy duty cardboard box filled with bubble wrap. Dimensions L 64" x W 12" x H 24", weight 20 Lbs.
I will package the safest way I can and if you have any suggestions I can possibly accommodate. Although I can't guaranty this won't get damage during freight and you should perhaps get some sort of insurance.
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2020, 05:31 AM   #7
FalconerOneSeven

[QUOTE=jkmskfk;10899607]so is this OEM or aftermarket?[/QUOTE
Aftermarket made out of ABS
Old 11-09-2020, 09:33 AM   #8
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
If you arrange for freight it's yours. It will be packed in a heavy duty cardboard box filled with bubble wrap. Dimensions L 64" x W 12" x H 24", weight 20 Lbs.
I will package the safest way I can and if you have any suggestions I can possibly accommodate. Although I can't guaranty this won't get damage during freight and you should perhaps get some sort of insurance.
OK, here's what I'm thinking. I'll pay your asking price. I won't dicker for even a penny less. All I ask is that you do you best on the packing. And since I've been in the business of receiving fragile items, I can safely say there is 2 ways to do this where the item has the best chance of getting here as we'd like. 1 is a custom gutted styrofoam block. This would be pretty difficult for you if you've never done such a thing or don't have the equipment to do it. Or 2, spray foam, which seems to be the easiest. I'll pay for the Spray cans of foam. If you've never seen what I'm talking about, the video is here.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/...d/?jwsource=cl

You obviously don't have to and shouldn't do it exactly like the video shows. You only have to do the ends, and 1 (snug in the box), loose against the spoiler off center block. So If the spoiler has about 3 inches of room on each end before the end of the box, you'd have to spray about 8" of foam, end it about an inch before covering the Spoiler attachment brace. And that should take care of that. If you need or just want a schematical drawing(s), I could get that for you quick. I used to own a company that draws professionally using software. So you can get access to CAD Schematics. This of course is if you want it, just in case you've never done anything like this before (I have to ask, cause you never know). If you have, well then, you know what I'm getting at. The only thing you'll need is the cans of foam and some thin cardboard paper to make the 3 "boxes" inside the box. By the way, Your car looks nice.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #9
FalconerOneSeven

Quote:
OK, here's what I'm thinking. I'll pay your asking price. I won't dicker for even a penny less. All I ask is that you do you best on the packing. And since I've been in the business of receiving fragile items, I can safely say there is 2 ways to do this where the item has the best chance of getting here as we'd like. 1 is a custom gutted styrofoam block. This would be pretty difficult for you if you've never done such a thing or don't have the equipment to do it. Or 2, spray foam, which seems to be the easiest. I'll pay for the Spray cans of foam. If you've never seen what I'm talking about, the video is here.

You obviously don't have to and shouldn't do it exactly like the video shows. You only have to do the ends, and 1 (snug in the box), loose against the spoiler off center block. So If the spoiler has about 3 inches of room on each end before the end of the box, you'd have to spray about 8" of foam, end it about an inch before covering the Spoiler attachment brace. And that should take care of that. If you need or just want a schematical drawing(s), I could get that for you quick. I used to own a company that draws professionally using software. So you can get access to CAD Schematics. This of course is if you want it, just in case you've never done anything like this before (I have to ask, cause you never know). If you have, well then, you know what I'm getting at. The only thing you'll need is the cans of foam and some thin cardboard paper to make the 3 "boxes" inside the box. By the way, Your car looks nice.
I think the foam would work great, the only thing is there is only about a inch clearances on each side of the spoiler and the box, perhaps I could incorporate some sort of reinforcements. Let me know what you think and I will only able to pack this on the weekend.
Thanks for the compliment on my car, we went to Thailand last year an what an amazing country to visit..
Old 11-10-2020, 09:18 AM   #10
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
I think the foam would work great, the only thing is there is only about a inch clearances on each side of the spoiler and the box, perhaps I could incorporate some sort of reinforcements. Let me know what you think and I will only able to pack this on the weekend.
Thanks for the compliment on my car, we went to Thailand last year an what an amazing country to visit..
Let me check with my shipper, on cost. I know it will be a bundle, but hey, you only live once. But I want to add a little bit more strength to the box please. You just tally the amount, no problem. I want to crate it. so that's 2 pieces of 12 x 24 x 1/16" plywood, then four 3/4" x 3/4" x what ever the inside length of the box is pieces of wood. It will be easy to just use thumb tacks to press the 1/16" plywood ends onto the 4 thin beams. Then we can tightly bubble wrap the spoiler inside the crate. The bubble wrap should keep the beams fairly strong also. We can forgo the foam. If you're really worried bout the strength of the middle of the box (on the 24" side), You can try to foam the middle or use real styrofoam blocks. Supporting the middle will be determined by how the spoiler fits in the box with all the bubble wrap around it. I will see how we can draw it.

What is your phone. I would really like to have this by december, as my car arrives december 1st. I got the notice today. I too excited about driving a ZL1 here. Please connect with me. email:herbs4mike@yahoo.com, Phone +66922983641, My whatsapp number is Indian +919748261438. I will have the drawings best I can. I think we can make this safe, Names Mike
Old 11-11-2020, 06:10 AM   #11
FalconerOneSeven

Quote:

Quote:
Let me check with my shipper, on cost. I know it will be a bundle, but hey, you only live once. But I want to add a little bit more strength to the box please. You just tally the amount, no problem. I want to crate it. so that's 2 pieces of 12 x 24 x 1/16" plywood, then four 3/4" x 3/4" x what ever the inside length of the box is pieces of wood. It will be easy to just use thumb tacks to press the 1/16" plywood ends onto the 4 thin beams. Then we can tightly bubble wrap the spoiler inside the crate. The bubble wrap should keep the beams fairly strong also. We can forgo the foam. If you're really worried bout the strength of the middle of the box (on the 24" side), You can try to foam the middle or use real styrofoam blocks. Supporting the middle will be determined by how the spoiler fits in the box with all the bubble wrap around it. I will see how we can draw it.

What is your phone. I would really like to have this by december, as my car arrives december 1st. I got the notice today. I too excited about driving a ZL1 here. Please connect with me. email:herbs4mike@yahoo.com, Phone +66922983641, My whatsapp number is Indian +919748261438. I will have the drawings best I can. I think we can make this safe, Names Mike
If I have to get some plywood and cut them to size it might just be easier to build a crate to fits the spoiler perfectly with more room on the side. My two cents
Old 11-11-2020, 10:01 AM   #12
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
If I have to get some plywood and cut them to size it might just be easier to build a crate to fits the spoiler perfectly with more room on the side. My two cents
You'd build a crate? That might be too much to ask of you i feel; even though I'm buying from you. Those boxes are pretty firm and the sticks 3/4 x 3/4 or even 1 x 1, would be an easy cut length cut (5 minutes for all 4 by hand). Enough bubble wrap would actually be part of the support of the box and wood. That's got to be much easier on you than a crate man. But I appreciate the thought. Yeah there is 2 small pieces of 1/16" plywood (1/16th inch you can cut with a good new box cutter). But this is more to steady the beams than it is to safeguard the ends. I did call my shipper. If I'm sending that by Yamato, she would charge me only 270 from LA to Bangkok. I just need you to send to her. But actually Fedex with a coupon is only like 375 from Door to Door. Not bad.... The biggest difference with is Yamato is charging me for 57 pounds because of it's size, and we're way under that, I'm not sure about Fedex. If you're all about getting this done this weekend, I'd like to pay for this and proceed. I'm in.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:39 AM   #13
FalconerOneSeven

Still available
Old 11-16-2020, 11:59 AM   #14
JasonSB

Drives: 2018 ZL1
How much is shipping to Dallas Tx?