Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 06-10-2020, 08:53 AM   #15
Kaddy

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Yes. Black interior. Red is my favorite but there were not many out there so I went with the black because it had everything else I wanted.
Kaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #16
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddy View Post
Yes. Black interior. Red is my favorite but there were not many out there so I went with the black because it had everything else I wanted.
Similar here. Mine was basically the last one left like it that was on a dealer lot (M6, 2SS, Summit White / Adrenaline Red, Convertible). It doesn't have NPP but I will address that with aftermarket. It -does- have MagRide and navigation, though. The only ones left now are automatics.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:05 AM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

I should have added that removing the Adrenaline Red interior color but adding NPP and MagRide results in exactly ONE car left in the US that matches. And it happens to be 12 miles from my house.

Problem is... The dealer ordered it with Recaro seats (which I not only don't want, I won't pay for) and the alcantara-wrapped steering wheel (same as the Recaro's). For some reason, this dealer only orders MagRide/Recaro's together as every car on their lot with one has the other.

Oh, and he also refused to be smart about how he wanted to craft an offer on a similar car.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:52 PM   #18
ember1205
Hot Camaro

I wanted to post an update on this thread as I have the splitter on. There are four holes along the front that are intended for drilling the bottom of the bumper to put in rivets, but I have left those out for now. The car isn't being driven, so I'm going to see how the tape works along that upper edge since the bolts underneath give a good amount of stability.

I left it primer black (unpainted) as it matches the rear diffuser and will also match the skirts once I get those installed (seems there's really no way to put those on without drilling/riveting and using self-tapping screws as there is NO mounting hardware in place on the rockers).
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2020, 02:18 PM   #19
Kaddy

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Looks great.
Kaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:24 PM   #20
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Thanks. It fits pretty well and was reasonably straight-forward to install.

I've swapped out the front carpeted mats for Husky Liner X-Act Contour ones and I have a windscreen coming tomorrow. Simple black license plate frame came today.

Still looking for what I will use for a dash cam and have to install the rocker skirts. Then it's all about the exhaust....
Old 07-09-2020, 03:25 PM   #21
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Another update... Side skirts are now on as well. I've read a fair amount of negative comments about the fitment for the EOS skirts, but mine actually seem to fit reasonably well. Additionally, they are currently on via 3M VHB tape -ONLY- with zero issues. Lots of folks have said that 12 hours after installation of their EOS skirts, the tape all pulled off at the rear because of the skirt actively pulling away from the body.
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #22
Corky

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
That's a sharp looking car...Great job on the mods...
Old 07-10-2020, 07:42 AM   #23
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
That's a sharp looking car...Great job on the mods...
Thanks. I'm happy with how it has turned out. [Un]fortunately, I wasn't able to register it until three weeks after I bought it. So, I've had time to sift through and find the exact pieces I wanted and then take my time to install them. As of now, the only real "mod" that I have left is to swap out to a different exhaust (axle back) with quad tips (will require diffuser swap) and NPP actuators (which I already have - I just need to build a control circuit for them).
Old 07-11-2020, 11:43 PM   #24
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I wish i could order one of these. They all say out of stock, but somehow eos has them in stock on ebay fromm $1000-$5000. Im trying to justify getting the gm one for $500, but seems like an awfully lot of money just for a non carbon fiber splitter. Looks fantastic btw!
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:52 AM   #25
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
I wish i could order one of these. They all say out of stock, but somehow eos has them in stock on ebay fromm $1000-$5000. Im trying to justify getting the gm one for $500, but seems like an awfully lot of money just for a non carbon fiber splitter. Looks fantastic btw!
Thanks.

I noticed that right after I ordered my kit, the price went up by 10x. I had noticed in the other kits prior to that as well. I don't understand why they did that. In looking at what's on their online store (not eBay), it seems that many of the products are out of stock. Maybe that's why the price was jacked way up on eBay? Keep the listing, and if someone wants to pay that, they'll get it special ordered...

It might have to do with the COVID shutdowns causing supply issues... If you like the kit, I would suggest reaching out to EOS and asking about availability. The kit I bought is nothing more than two specific parts that they sold at the same time. The two items to inquire about are the following:

FLIP-210-ABS
SS-160-ABS