Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 09-18-2019, 10:24 AM   #3543
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Fats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
LOL, while you can point to a magazine editor that said what you puked out, as you have not experienced any of this yourself, it was still not relevant in the broader conversation.

You pop in, drop some comment that is negative to the Camaro in response to something completely different, and disappear.
Don't forget he also ignores the comments where he gets factually owned in.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:30 AM   #3544
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Exactly. Not here to have meaningful conversation, just here to incite anger and disrupt the conversations. Dang, only if they had a word for that.......
Old 09-18-2019, 11:30 AM   #3545
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
And let's not forget he keeps trying to compare the ZL1(E) to the GT500 in 1/4 mile times. Everybody knows the GT500 has to beat BOTH the Demon/RedEye in the 1/4 AND the ZLE on a road course convincingly (not a close shave). Which I think is possible. Those are the matchups. Anything else than a double victory is a failure. Especially given the time it took to come out, and the MSRP, let alone AMDs.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:04 PM   #3546
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
If it was only just the Camaro faithful posting here were would the fun in that be, and this thread would not have over 3500 posts. I guess I could go back to the Oldsmobile forums but they don't have the number of people or any information on how GM in moving forward.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:15 PM   #3547
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Yes my following statement from above was very hateful.

"The ZL1 A10 is the star of the lineup, it offers it's owners fantastic all around performance, street, strip, and track without abusing the driver all with an even lower price than the ZLE, this is the car to compare to the Base 500."
The ZLE from the start was not meant to be for DD use. GM stated that many times. Magazine writers re-emphasized it many times. And some owners also verified it. However there are some of us who are used to stiff suspensions from DDing older cars that had modded suspensions. So some of us are not bothered by it. However the ZL1 should take on the GT500 because it would not be a fair fight if the ZLE stepped in. Reason being is that the ZLE will destroy the Base GT500 without much effort. Even the ZL1 will beat it. The only hope lies in the CF GT500. If any car is going to beat the ZL1 OR ZLE around a track, then that will be the CF version if it can.

Dollar vs dollar or trim vs trim there is nothing Ford has to compete with the Camaro lineup. That is how I feel. Even if you look at it dollar per dollar the most expensive Camaro is still buttloads cheaper than the cheapest GT500 and we know how that will play out. The only car capable of beating them costs $95 THOUSAND dollars. And even if you put the C8 up against the Ford lineup by dollar the Base C8 would be going up against the GT350 (non-R) and the Shelby is still more expensive and won't stand a chance. Same with the GT350R if it went against the C8 Z51. So really it isn't even a competition anymore dollar per dollar. Same thing trim per trim. Ford simply cannot win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
And let's not forget he keeps trying to compare the ZL1(E) to the GT500 in 1/4 mile times. Everybody knows the GT500 has to beat BOTH the Demon/RedEye in the 1/4 AND the ZLE on a road course convincingly (not a close shave). Which I think is possible. Those are the matchups. Anything else than a double victory is a failure. Especially given the time it took to come out, and the MSRP, let alone AMDs.
I'm gonna have to disagree on the GT500 beating the ZL1 in the quarter mile. I do not think that is a given. I would like to see what happens and I do think the GT500 will have the advantage. But if I know one thing its that these 700+ HP cars are very difficult to launch. And if they are not equipped with the right tire then they end up being mid to high 11 sec cars like the Hellcat was for the first 2-3 years of it's life without DRs. The GT500 might be in that same boat. Or it might do a low 11. In any case I do think the ZL1 might have a chance to beat it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
If it was only just the Camaro faithful posting here were would the fun in that be, and this thread would not have over 3500 posts. I guess I could go back to the Oldsmobile forums but they don't have the number of people or any information on how GM in moving forward.
That isn't what this is about. It is about newmoon's negative arrogant insulting behavior lately. He used to offer some really good points and counterpoints. And it used to be enjoyable reading his replies. He even once messaged me when I was upset about something. But for some reason these past few months he has been doing nothing but insulting the Camaro and repeating the same statements over and over again. Shaffe, on the other hand, prefers the Mustang but he at least offers valuable constructive criticism and very enjoyable debates. So I'm not sure what is going on with newmoon but something is wrong. He is starting to behave like Ethanolic and that ain't cool. Whatever the case is I hope he goes back to his old self.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:54 PM   #3548
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
And that ZLE is going to get embarrased on the street and strip, you know where people actually drive their cars. If your going to compare a ZL1 to a GT500 base, the ZL1 is a much better comparison, it actually wont throw your back out and rattle your dental fillings loose on the street, and it's faster.
You realize that it’s an application specific package ...right?

Now available with A10 ...so it’s faster “where people actually drive their 650 HP cars” ...to their potential.
Quote:
“This car (ZL1 1LE) is a little bit more of a daily driver than the last Z28, but it’s still a solid mount suspension and a track oriented ride.” So maybe the standard ZL1 is the best choice for anyone who isn’t planning on regular racing.
- Al Oppenheiser

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:00 PM   #3549
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
You realize that it’s an application specific package ...right?

Now available with A10 ...so it’s faster “where people actually drive their 650 HP cars” ...to their potential.
Mustang guys want (and need) every advantage they can get. If it were up to them they'd put the CF GT500 up against the ZL1 instead of the ZLE. I mean it's not enough that the GT500 has an extra 110 HP, DCT, and is $10K more than the ZL1. And it's not enough that the ZL1 took on the GT350R (which was the best Mustang at the time) instead of the non-R. And then they completely bypassed testing the ZLE against any Mustang because it would have been a total slaughter. But the GT500 can't go up against the ZLE according to newmoon, lol! Give me a break. They probably won't put it up against the ZLE because they wanna protect their buyer's feelings. They don't want to see their new ultimate Mustang get roasted by a 3 year old Camaro.

I say bring it on anyway they want it. ZL1 against both GT500s for all I care. I don't have much faith that the GT500 is going to work wonders.

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 09-19-2019 at 12:53 AM.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:33 AM   #3550
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree on the GT500 beating the ZL1 in the quarter mile. I do not think that is a given. I would like to see what happens and I do think the GT500 will have the advantage. But if I know one thing its that these 700+ HP cars are very difficult to launch. And if they are not equipped with the right tire then they end up being mid to high 11 sec cars like the Hellcat was for the first 2-3 years of it's life without DRs. The GT500 might be in that same boat. Or it might do a low 11. In any case I do think the ZL1 might have a chance to beat it.
Good point here, there is no real-world data available on the GT500's performance yet, so we just don't know. Some people assume from the advertised horsepower that it's really quick. Truth could be different, just like it is with the Hellcat as you mentioned. The FIRST dragstrip pass that I saw from a Camaro ZL1 A10 on the stock tires handily beat EVERY Hellcat time on street tires that I have ever seen here.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:35 AM   #3551
RobbyBeefcake87

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Mustang guys want (and need) every advantage they can get. If it were up to them they'd put the CF GT500 up against the ZL1 instead of the ZLE. I mean it's not enough that the GT500 has an extra 110 HP, DCT, and is $10K more than the ZL1. And it's not enough that the ZL1 took on the GT350R (which was the best Mustang at the time) instead of the non-R. And then they completely bypassed testing the ZLE against any Mustang because it would have been a total slaughter. But the GT500 can't go up against the ZLE according to newmoon, lol! Give me a break. They probably won't put it up against the ZLE because they wanna protect their buyer's feelings. They don't want to see their new ultimate Mustang get roasted by a 3 year old Camaro.

I say bring it on anyway they want it. ZL1 against both GT500s for all I care. I don't have much faith that the GT500 is going to work wonders.
Same reason they never pitted the gt350 vs the ss 1le. Now that the gt350 comes with psc2's they might be a little more willing to make that comparison.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #3552
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I am going to go ahead and say it, flame suit on and buttoned up. This CPC 5.2 has the potential to be(in my opinion only) the best engine offering in this generation of pony cars.

I thought the same about the Voodoo, and was sadly mistaken, but I feel like I can assume they did this CPC right(not sure why lol).

Anyway, it sure does sound amazing in this video.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:58 AM   #3553
RobbyBeefcake87

Gt500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I am going to go ahead and say it, flame suit on and buttoned up. This CPC 5.2 has the potential to be(in my opinion only) the best engine offering in this generation of pony cars.

I thought the same about the Voodoo, and was sadly mistaken, but I feel like I can assume they did this CPC right(not sure why lol).

Anyway, it sure does sound amazing in this video.

Could very well be. The last gen gt500 also had a heck of an engine.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #3554
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
The problem is Tadge lied about the Manual C7 take rate. He claimed 15% and dropping. That is completely false. Lowest manual take rate of all C7 production years was 22%. That's a hell of a lot more cars than 2000/year.

ZR1 manual take rate was also 30% - so it seems that the higher HP models had more manual buyers...something to keep in mind.

What I see from "millennial" auto enthusiasts is the opposite of the "manual is dying" trend...they are driving BRZs, STIs, EVOs, Focus RS or STs, etc...and you guessed it, all with manuals.

Agreed on LT5 Camaro dominance...and I can't see GM sitting for another 3 straight years on 6th gen production without any significant changes or upgraded power - still hoping!
Even if Tadge made it seem lower than it is, 22% is still pretty low

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Plus his argument is completely invalid, I've seen 10x as many ZLEs at track days than GT350s & GT350Rs and guess which one has been out twice as long?!?!

Sure some dealers are marking down the ZLEs but how is that a bad thing? Because Chevy dealers aren't all greedy shit heads like Ford dealers putting $50k mark ups on 350Rs/Raptors/GT500s?!?! Seems like a plus to me.

Mark downs only really bad for people that decide to flip after a year or so
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:30 PM   #3555
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I don't post much in this thread, but I read it every day...LOL
I just don't get the Ford Fan boys, are you guys loaded with cash? LOL
I paid 58k for my 18 HBM A10 pdr, CF hood etc. loaded. BRAND NEW

I just priced a base GT500 with my options, with no HUD on the gt500 I think.
87K, 87!!!!!! eighty seven thousand dollars!!!
For what? 110Hp and lower TQ?
How can you compare the 2 cars at this point???? Sure if the GT500 was 3k MORE than what I paid, I'd say jump on it.

My kid told me last night hey dad the M5 comp edition is faster than your car, LOL
Told him it better be!!! Son, We both could have ZL1's for ONE M5!!
I could send my kid to college on the price difference on these 2 cars.

I digress.... 87k plus markup, GTFO
Old 09-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #3556
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Good point here, there is no real-world data available on the GT500's performance yet, so we just don't know. Some people assume from the advertised horsepower that it's really quick. Truth could be different, just like it is with the Hellcat as you mentioned. The FIRST dragstrip pass that I saw from a Camaro ZL1 A10 on the stock tires handily beat EVERY Hellcat time on street tires that I have ever seen here.
I'll add to that and say, it is not only the tires, but the chassis. A good chassis and suspension geometry does wonders for traction.

When I was younger, it was all about adding stickier tires, stiffer suspension, more HP. It wasn't until much later that I realized it's what you can't see that makes the biggest differences. Chassis design, bushing selections, alignment specs, suspension geometry.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote