Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-17-2016, 09:06 AM   #1
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
***Redline Motorsports E Force Supercharger Program***

Looks like the team at Edelbrock is ready to release there TVS2300 system for the 2016 Camaro.

Redline has had a very long standing relationship with Edelbrock and has installed many units going back to the systems release on the Grand Sport Corvette in 2010. Many of these installs have been featured in Vette, Super Chevy and GM High Tech for the old timers!

Currently we have several LT4 powered ZO6's in the shop now getting converted so we have continued to support this brand as the quality is very good. We expect to have a few units shortly and will most certainly show off the results...

E Force a set of LT headers and a 8 speed sounds like a fun ride.

Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:59 AM   #2
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Edelbrock is selling these kits along with there 3yr - 30,000 mile power train warranty, sweet deal. But no headers allowed to retain the warranty. I pre-ordered mine yesterday!
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:58 AM   #3
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
Howard-

Would you choose a ECS Paxton or a TVS2300 for a LT1, and why?

I would NEVER accept and inferior PD blower, but at least the TVS2300 is better than the puny LT4 blower.

As usual, looking forward to all your builds. Keep up the good work.
Great question in which we discuss often. Much of this answer is based upon the following;

Vehicle (Camaro's are heavy and a Corvette is light)
Usage (This meaning customers who like to top end there cars or users who want more less aggressive driving power)
Cost (The PD blowers are a bit more due to the raw costs of manufacturing)

Its no mystery that a PD blower can fill the cylinders much more effectively at low rpms hence the significant increase of torque in the 2000-4500 range. For those with heavier cars and more of a daily driver usage I like the PD blower.

The centrifugal typically can move a bit more airflow but requires more RPM to do so. The increases airflow potential can can lead to more power at the higher rpms...the guy that likes to roll hit his car may benefit more from this. Also a centr blower uses a air-air inter-cooler which is typically more effective in cooler the air charge. This doesn't mean a PD blower, which tends to have a higher average air charge, is not going to make power.

In summary; I feel they are both good options it all really depends on you the consumer as to which fits your style and wallet.

All the company's on the market are doing an excellent job so you can't go wrong!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:27 PM   #4
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Howard-
I posed this question to you publicly because you've been tuning GM V8's since at least the 1990s and I know you're unbiased because you offer all 3 FI options to your customers: Twin turbos, Centris, and PD blowers.

You made all good points. But, my 2016 SS only weighs 3,604lbs and has a TON of low end torque.
It's already traction limited, but could definitely benefit from more mid and high range power.
Based on these facts, and the inherit flaws of PD blowers, I don't think PD blowers should even be considered for the Camaro SS.
I think the consensus among LSx/LTx tuners is that high dollar/power builds should go with TT's, and the rest with a ECS/Paxton centri.
I know you work closely with ECS, and that you have a high opinion of them and their custom centrifugal systems which almost match the PD blowers in the low/mid RPM, and flat out destroy them everywhere else.
I'm willing to bet you agree 100% with my assessment above.
well....if you put a set of tires on your car or don't necessarily nail in from a dead stop a PD blower still has its benefits. I tried very carefully to layout valid thoughts on how best to apply each system. If it was up to me I'd have turbos on everything....as a matter a fact all my vehicles have turbos including my 2500! LOL

But seriously this is a never ending debate. Best advice is find someone with a build and drive it...make your own opinion. I was just trying to breakdown there functions vs each other.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:37 AM   #5
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Seems like he did not agree 100%. Seems like its a never ending debate...
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:01 AM   #6
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
I don't see 100% agreeance. I'd prefer to have turbos on everything too. As why I am a little reluctant to go back to a supercharged car after I've experienced turbo. Each has their benefit and if people are buying pd setups then you bet they will supply the demand. As said it is a never ending debate and you're trying to end it.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:46 AM   #7
E-Ray

Quote:
Seems like you already answered my question.
Keep up the good work.
Also Black is the fastest color, so now you have the best looking, fastest car, and the best F/I setup known to man. We are all very happy for you.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:36 AM   #8
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Ray View Post
Also Black is the fastest color, so now you have the best looking, fastest car, and the best F/I setup known to man. We are all very happy for you.
LOL!

You guys crack me up!
Old 04-01-2016, 06:17 AM   #9
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Most Camaro Owners

Most Camaro owners don't have twin turbo money!

All good points, Howard and I have probably built and driven and tuned as many twin turbos as anybody on this site next to Graham and the boys at LPE.

We both have any choice we want,but let me tell you howard...Once you drive an LT4 1.7 Supercharged LT1 Camaro utilizing our kit, you will be wanting to sell these kits to everybody. Remember its the small $8000-$10,000 builds that keep you in business, not the $100,000 ones.

Will see were this goes
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #10
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I've not had an aftermarket Turbo, but I have had a Maggie on my G8GT and its a killer setup. If I were going to only drag race it would be turbos but for the street on a new car setup it would be a supercharger or maybe a procharger.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:39 PM   #11
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Most Camaro owners don't have twin turbo money!

All good points, Howard and I have probably built and driven and tuned as many twin turbos as anybody on this site next to Graham and the boys at LPE.

We both have any choice we want,but let me tell you howard...Once you drive an LT4 1.7 Supercharged LT1 Camaro utilizing our kit, you will be wanting to sell these kits to everybody. Remember its the small $8000-$10,000 builds that keep you in business, not the $100,000 ones.

Will see were this goes
I'd like to see something for the V6 in the 5k range. Probably easier to do that with a supercharger setup from kraftworks or procharger. I'd imagine a turbo setup would cost more due to all the custom exhaust work needed.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #12
Katastrophe

Drives: 2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX CVT
580 WHP...with the supplied tune on a stock engine WITH warranty? What's not to love?

I can see this being one HELL of a popular kit with people who want more performance with zero headaches. I can't wait to see what kind of numbers this thing puts down the 1/4...
Katastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:19 AM   #13
E-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
580 WHP...with the supplied tune on a stock engine WITH warranty? What's not to love?

I can see this being one HELL of a popular kit with people who want more performance with zero headaches. I can't wait to see what kind of numbers this thing puts down the 1/4...
ME 2

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-10-2016, 10:29 AM   #14
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I'd like to see something for the V6 in the 5k range. Probably easier to do that with a supercharger setup from kraftworks or procharger. I'd imagine a turbo setup would cost more due to all the custom exhaust work needed.
Yeah this would be awesome I would buy a kit. I know the V8 is the big after market but some V6 love would be awesome. I'd like to see something for the v6 is any range
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote