Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-07-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
***Redline Motorsports** teaser vid with TT..

This was some footage from last Friday after a couple low boost passes with the 2016 TT Camaro. The car has our 427 engine which made 900 wheel on the rollers last week. We backed the power back down to dial in the supplement fuel system as well as some tweaks with the 8 speed. This was not the "impressive" pass as we are holding out as we are working systematically on other areas. The good stuff is yet to come as we aren't looking for the on ehit wonder but consistent products.

Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Keep up the good work, looking forward to see the final results.
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #3
AlwaysAmerican

Drives: 15 Silverado, 15 Corvette 2LT Z51
Looking great, I'm sure it's been answered before but think I'll ask here so others don't have to jump threads.

Do you guys have a general ETA on production and sales? 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter? (easiest guesstimate way I could ask you and another company)

Reason I'm asking is that I'm about to redo my heads and order a boost friendly camshaft.
Just debating if I'll be going with a turbo or pro charger. Depending on price and availability
Old 03-08-2016, 08:38 AM   #4
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
It says Video Unavailable, WTF?
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #5
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican View Post
Looking great, I'm sure it's been answered before but think I'll ask here so others don't have to jump threads.

Do you guys have a general ETA on production and sales? 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter? (easiest guesstimate way I could ask you and another company)

Reason I'm asking is that I'm about to redo my heads and order a boost friendly camshaft.
Just debating if I'll be going with a turbo or pro charger. Depending on price and availability
We are building three versions of the kit so its taken a bit longer to get this out there. Also we are not going to play the "send us a deposit and wait game" as I have said before if a company can't finance there investment on there own they shouldn't be in this business.

As far as price; we are not skimping on anything with this system as quality is king to us. We have been in this game for a while and seen plenty of cheap systems rise and fall. We don't want to do this. If I had to make an educated guess the base system may be around $ 9K and the bigger systems could spread out another $1500-2k more....whats important now is that we make it perfect.

Thanks for inquiring

HT
Old 03-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #6
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
10.2 @146 is pretty impressive. Thanks for keeping us updated!

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #7
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
10.2 @146 is pretty impressive. Thanks for keeping us updated!
Honestly we where a bit hesitant to drop this vid as we really weren't focused on the ET at this rental....The trap speed speaks for itself and we just wanted some hits to test the fuel system and work on the trans....the car leaves like its leaving a redlight.....for now....
Old 03-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #8
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
Honestly we where a bit hesitant to drop this vid as we really weren't focused on the ET at this rental....The trap speed speaks for itself and we just wanted some hits to test the fuel system and work on the trans....the car leaves like its leaving a redlight.....for now....
I was thinking with that trap speed you just need to improve the first 100 feet or so to get into the mid to low 9's... but like I said 10.2 is no joke. I remember when you guys put your ZL1 into the 9's. Keep up the great work and thanks for openly sharing information. I have a little experience with trying to push cars into untested waters and really appreciate what you guys are doing here. I'm interested in any pearls of wisdom you care to share on the fuel system or tuning the transmission.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote