Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-17-2018, 06:30 PM   #1
Jeffs18RS

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
Trifecta tunes

I've seen these guys numbers has anyone used them? Also who else does a good tune that is aggressive and safe? Thanks guys.
Jeffs18RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs18RS View Post
I've seen these guys numbers has anyone used them? Also who else does a good tune that is aggressive and safe? Thanks guys.
You won't find an aggressive safe tune with what's available. Trifecta and Vermont Tuning may be your more aggressive/safe tunes RPM is very aggressive and they love to blow up engines. ZZP is a very safe tune but they tune on the safe side for customers. Best to look at your options there is IPF I'm not sure anyones running their tune on jere and dannytech is pretty popular outside of a good dyno tune i think your gonna have a hard time wanting your cake and eating it to.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
Jeffs18RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
You won't find an aggressive safe tune with what's available. Trifecta and Vermont Tuning may be your more aggressive/safe tunes RPM is very aggressive and they love to blow up engines. ZZP is a very safe tune but they tune on the safe side for customers. Best to look at your options there is IPF I'm not sure anyones running their tune on jere and dannytech is pretty popular outside of a good dyno tune i think your gonna have a hard time wanting your cake and eating it to.
Yeah I kinda figured that. Thank you.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:02 PM   #4
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
BNR and Trifecta offer tunes as well...
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:53 PM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
BNR and Trifecta offer tunes as well...
Forgot about BNR they're just not very vocal about what they do on here same could be said for IPF they live entirely on the 5th Gen Reputation at this point i think. Which in turn is what Trifecta is dealing with.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 10-17-2018, 11:54 PM   #6
Start The Machine

Evil, would you take an in-house dyno tune offer from Trifecta? I'm local to their shop and giving it serious consideration.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Old 10-18-2018, 06:17 AM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Evil, would you take an in-house dyno tune offer from Trifecta? I'm local to their shop and giving it serious consideration.
Depends entirely on how local he is. He locks your ECM with his proprietary software so if you have an issue your at his mercy and he's known for dissapearing for large chunks of time.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #8
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:

Your version of "safe" could be drastically different than mine. I mean, I feel my tune is safe, but aggressive as well. Others may freak out at some parameters. I will say the more aggressive you go, the more involved you need to be with the tune, the car, logging, maintenance ect ect.. Really just depends what you want to do and what you expect from the car.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #9
Jeffs18RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Your version of "safe" could be drastically different than mine. I mean, I feel my tune is safe, but aggressive as well. Others may freak out at some parameters. I will say the more aggressive you go, the more involved you need to be with the tune, the car, logging, maintenance ect ect.. Really just depends what you want to do and what you expect from the car.
Yeah I hear ya. First I'm going to invest o. Some bolt one and put them on in the spring and then have it tuned. Just have to figure out who I'm going to deal with.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #10
Kevin_S17

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Vert Summit White
My 2 cents

Quote:
Yeah I hear ya. First I'm going to invest o. Some bolt one and put them on in the spring and then have it tuned. Just have to figure out who I'm going to deal with.
I'm still a noob compared to several guys on here, Cooper and Evil won't steer you wrong. I started with a CAI and then a tune. Thru a series of events I get to start from scratch.

With that being said, as soon as I get my engine thru it's break in period I'm getting a tune with VT. Then I'm going with E85. Then I will look at other bolt on mods. I would highly recommend getting a tune first then you can tweak it as you add mods. Others on here would say you can do some mods without a tune. I won't be heading down that road again.

Consider that if you have a tune first, you can check the impact of the mod against the logs before you did an install. Then you can look at the real impact the mod has on your engine and it's performance.
Kevin_S17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:36 PM   #11
Jeffs18RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_S17 View Post
I'm still a noob compared to several guys on here, Cooper and Evil won't steer you wrong. I started with a CAI and then a tune. Thru a series of events I get to start from scratch.

With that being said, as soon as I get my engine thru it's break in period I'm getting a tune with VT. Then I'm going with E85. Then I will look at other bolt on mods. I would highly recommend getting a tune first then you can tweak it as you add mods. Others on here would say you
can do some mods without a tune. I won't be heading
down that road again.

Consider that if you have a tune first, you can check the impact of the mod against the logs before you did an install. Then you can look at the real impact the mod has on your engine and it's performance.
Yeah I'm doing the same but adding a a cat back getting rid of them heavy mufflers and a down pipe and CAI . I thinking of going with Vermont tuners too. I've read good things about them.

Last edited by Jeffs18RS; 10-18-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #12
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Holy tuner of the gods above. Bought this tune on their black Friday sale. Night and day difference. Car is much faster now. Almost need to re-learn how to drive it. Boost comes on very hard 1st-3rd gear and holds through the RPM range. Another bonus was the ability to uncheck the box for the P2261 error code form the Jacfab Recirculation Valve (boost-a-lator).
Bro! You got to do a full review man. I can't believe your finally tuned!!
That's pretty awesome they allowed you to remove the p2261. Could you remove others, like cat codes?

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #13
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Bro! You got to do a full review man. I can't believe your finally tuned!!
That's pretty awesome they allowed you to remove the p2261. Could you remove others, like cat codes?
Dude, I know right. I "patiently" waited forever for a couple reasons.
1. Scared to blow up my car
2. Wanted to wait for every offering available to come
out first.
3. Price drop

I will do a more thorough review after I drive it more. I'm going to put it on Trifecta's dyno and fine tune it over in their Kirkland WA shop as well.

Every single code is available to turn off if you want. The cool thing about the Trifecta software is you will always have the extra functionality if you need it. There is a ton of other things it has to mess around with. I need to call them tomorrow to get claifcation on a lot of the extra stuff it has.

Last edited by Start The Machine; 12-02-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #14
Jeffs18RS

Sweet sounds like they will be who I will be using.