Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 10-10-2022, 09:53 AM   #1
22LT1Camaro

Drives: 22 LT1
Unhappy New '22 LT1 - Check engine light at less than 700 miles.

Bought the car just over a week ago. At just over 600 miles, the check engine light turns on. Car seems to run perfectly fine. I called the dealership, made an appointment. They said if the light goes out after driving the car a bit then I can cancel the appointment and have it diagnosed later.

I filled it with a fresh fuel and drove a bit.

Out of curiosity I call OnStar for diagnostic codes, with these results:
P0138 - O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
P2097 - Trouble Code: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1
P2271 - O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 1 Sensor 2

I ordered a cheap OBDII reader and hoping to see if it would indicate if it was still in an error state, but, I couldn't figure out anything, but, the check engine light went out.

I drop in and visit the dealership and ask them about the codes and told them the CEL turned off. I showed them pics of what the OBDII scanner showed. They said I could wait until my next service. They said those codes sometimes appear when the car is sitting and idling. Then on the way home, while driving, it turned back on! Not sure if it's related but I could smell a brief scent of sulfur just as it turned on. I called my service advisor, he felt it was odd that the light returned.

Oh well. I'm curious to know what is going on with the car. I drove back to the dealer and dropped it off and Uber'd home. Wasn't expecting this at ~635 miles on the car, and for it to reoccur 100 miles later.
22LT1Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 01:01 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22LT1Camaro View Post
Bought the car just over a week ago. At just over 600 miles, the check engine light turns on. Car seems to run perfectly fine. I called the dealership, made an appointment. They said if the light goes out after driving the car a bit then I can cancel the appointment and have it diagnosed later.

I filled it with a fresh fuel and drove a bit.

Out of curiosity I call OnStar for diagnostic codes, with these results:
P0138 - O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
P2097 - Trouble Code: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1
P2271 - O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 1 Sensor 2

I ordered a cheap OBDII reader and hoping to see if it would indicate if it was still in an error state, but, I couldn't figure out anything, but, the check engine light went out.

I drop in and visit the dealership and ask them about the codes and told them the CEL turned off. I showed them pics of what the OBDII scanner showed. They said I could wait until my next service. They said those codes sometimes appear when the car is sitting and idling. Then on the way home, while driving, it turned back on! Not sure if it's related but I could smell a brief scent of sulfur just as it turned on. I called my service advisor, he felt it was odd that the light returned.

Oh well. I'm curious to know what is going on with the car. I drove back to the dealer and dropped it off and Uber'd home. Wasn't expecting this at ~635 miles on the car, and for it to reoccur 100 miles later.
Hopefully it’s just something simple. Looking at those codes it’s possible the post cat O2 sensor on the drivers side is bad.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:01 PM   #3
22LT1Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Hopefully it’s just something simple. Looking at those codes it’s possible the post cat O2 sensor on the drivers side is bad.
Thanks for taking a look - I hope it's that simple and nothing that will tie the car up for a while waiting for a part, lol.

To make my day more interesting, I took my Vette out to fuel up and the accessory belt goes on me.... I'm just taking the subtle hint that maybe today isn't the day for me to be on the road. Fortunately I was down the road from both my mechanic and home.

Only one car left in the stable to make it to work tomorrow, lol.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:05 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Quote:
Thanks for taking a look - I hope it's that simple and nothing that will tie the car up for a while waiting for a part, lol.

To make my day more interesting, I took my Vette out to fuel up and the accessory belt goes on me.... I'm just taking the subtle hint that maybe today isn't the day for me to be on the road. Fortunately I was down the road from both my mechanic and home.

Only one car left in the stable to make it to work tomorrow, lol.
I know the feeling lol! I have a borderline useless dyno queen Camaro that only sees nice dry weather and my wife’s Alfa Romeo (and we all know Italian car reliability LMAO), so I have to depend on my Expedition on a daily basis.
Old 10-11-2022, 02:57 PM   #5
22LT1Camaro

Vehicle was returned to me today - an O2 sensor was bad. Based on the notes, it doesn't look like it was seated properly and that a wire disconnected.

Glad that's behind me and I can return to enjoying the car!!!
Old 10-11-2022, 05:58 PM   #6
Joshinator99

Quote:
Vehicle was returned to me today - an O2 sensor was bad. Based on the notes, it doesn't look like it was seated properly and that a wire disconnected.

Glad that's behind me and I can return to enjoying the car!!!
Feel free to send my diagnostic fee via PayPal or snail mail.
Old 10-12-2022, 12:55 AM   #7
22LT1Camaro

Quote:
Feel free to send my diagnostic fee via PayPal or snail mail.
Lo., you were def. spot on!
Old 11-22-2022, 05:51 PM   #8
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
'22 LT1 with 3k miles. Check engine light came on. Onstar sent email to service within 5 days. Scheduled service. Light subsequently turned off. Dealer performed diagnostic. Fault persisted even though light had turned off. O2 sensor. Warranty repair. I don't have access to codes, or I would share them with you.
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:56 PM   #9
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
. . . and my wife’s Alfa Romeo (and we all know Italian car reliability LMAO), so I have to depend on my Expedition on a daily basis.
I'm astonished that someone as experienced as you chose to voluntarily buy an Italian car, and especially an Alfa Romeo! I realize that they look, sound, and perform like a sex goddess, but even one of the big car magazines that loved the look, sound, and performance of the Alfa Romeo Giulia, ended up saying that it broke their heart.

I suppose it is like dating the most popular girl in town, who knows she is the popular girl in town: you know she is going to break your heart, but "resistance is futile".

One of my sons KNEW a Dodge Viper is allergic to rain, but bought one anyway. Sure enough, first time he washed the car not paying enough attention to the point of aim of the hose, the car refused to start or to even unlock its doors. But, it's been a couple of years and he still owns it. Fortunately, he moved to an area in California where rain is relatively rare.

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:58 AM   #10
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
I'm astonished that someone as experienced as you chose to voluntarily buy an Italian car, and especially an Alfa Romeo! I realize that they look, sound, and perform like a sex goddess, but even one of the big car magazines that loved the look, sound, and performance of the Alfa Romeo Giulia, ended up saying that it broke their heart.

I suppose it is like dating the most popular girl in town, who knows she is the popular girl in town: you know she is going to break your heart, but "resistance is futile".

One of my sons KNEW a Dodge Viper is allergic to rain, but bought one anyway. Sure enough, first time he washed the car not paying enough attention to the point of aim of the hose, the car refused to start or to even unlock its doors. But, it's been a couple of years and he still owns it. Fortunately, he moved to an area in California where rain is relatively rare.

Jim G
Well, just under 4 years of owning the Alfa since new and our service records consist of one bad battery, replaced under warranty. And oil changes. And that’s it. Pretty hard to complain about.
Attached Images