Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #1
Rexpelagi

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T 6MT
FS [Nashville, TN]: MCS 2-way Non-Remote Coilovers w/Moreno Camber Plates

SOLD

I decided to return my Camaro back to stock to focus on my Tesla as my sole race vehicle, and have MCS 2-way Non-Remote Coilovers, Ground Control Weight Jackers, and Moreno Camber Plates available for sale as a full setup.

The MCS shocks are compression and rebound adjustable, and there is height adjustability on all 4 corners. The shocks were dynoed before installation by ProParts USA (curves are below), and were used for less than 500mi on my car. Total mileage on the setup is ~2k (including previous owner, who purchased new). Since both my car and his car were mainly autocross cars, it is just mileage to events.

Rates: 550lb/in Front, 1100lb/in Rear

Complete Price New: ~$5k
SOLD

Pictures:

Last edited by Rexpelagi; 05-15-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Rexpelagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
how many miles on this setup and what was the retail cost brand new?
Old 10-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #3
Rexpelagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
how many miles on this setup and what was the retail cost brand new?
Good questions - I'll add to the original post, but the shocks alone are $3300, so everything together new would be right around $5k. I picked up this set used, had them dynoed, and put only around 500mi on them. Total they have around 2000mi on them (including from the previous owner).
Old 10-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

gotcha thanks ! i have yyz springs which are made by hyperco and his custom bilstein shocks but always looking for something new/cool out there!
Old 10-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #5
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Tempting, MCS makes great stuff. Can I ask how you decided on the spring rates for this car? (not being a smart ass just generously curious). There is very little data out on this platform on what well-performing rates are on this chassis. I could bark off E46/E90 spring rates in my sleep but wouldn't know where to start on this car.

I would guess similar to F82 M4 rates due to a similarly designed platform and weight.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
Tempting, MCS makes great stuff. Can I ask how you decided on the spring rates for this car? (not being a smart ass just generously curious). There is very little data out on this platform on what well-performing rates are on this chassis. I could bark off E46/E90 spring rates in my sleep but wouldn't know where to start on this car.

I would guess similar to F82 M4 rates due to a similarly designed platform and weight.

thats why i was scared to get a penske set because they didnt come with springs and they wanted me to tell them what spring rates to use i was like uhhh how the hell would i know lol
Old 10-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #7
Rexpelagi

Quote:

I picked up this set from another owner so the springs are what came with it. It's very easy to change out the springs - I think you can undo the top nut in the front and pop out the spring with the stabilizer bar disconnected and everything else still attached, and the rear is easy as well.

I had a 2.0T car, and I think these rates were probably close. For reference, Ryan Otis used MCS on his car with great success, although he was slightly stiffer (700/1300):
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=66

For reference, front motion ratio is very close to 1, rear is at 0.56 (Ryan has a math error or typo in the thread above for the rear, not sure which).

A lot will depend on driver preference, so there may be some rate adjustment necessary for specific drivers, but it will depend on your car, your tires, your anti-roll bars, alignment, etc. I feel confident this will be very close though.

Last edited by Rexpelagi; 10-17-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:46 PM   #8
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexpelagi View Post
I picked up this set from another owner so the springs are what came with it. It's very easy to change out the springs - you can undo the top nut in the front and pop out the spring with the stabilizer bar disconnected and everything else still attached, and the rear is easy as well.

I had a 2.0T car, and I think these rates were probably close. For reference, Ryan Otis used MCS on his car with great success, although he was slightly stiffer (700/1300):
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=66

For reference, front motion ratio is very close to 1, rear is at 0.56 (Ryan has a math error or typo in the thread above for the rear, not sure which).

A lot will depend on driver preference, so there may be some rate adjustment necessary for specific drivers, but it will depend on your car, your tires, your anti-roll bars, alignment, etc. I feel confident this will be very close though.
I've had a few sets of MCS's on my E46's E90's and E36's, so yep the springs are real easy to change out. I noticed you had a 2.0t so my SS weighs a good bit more. What did these come off of, 2.0t or SS? I'm also on slicks, so can run a good bit stiffer springs.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #9
Rexpelagi

Quote:
I've had a few sets of MCS's on my E46's E90's and E36's, so yep the springs are real easy to change out. I noticed you had a 2.0t so my SS weighs a good bit more. What did these come off of, 2.0t or SS? I'm also on slicks, so can run a good bit stiffer springs.
The original owner used them on an SS car, and then I had them on my 2.0T car. I believe the front is a bit stiffer than the ZL1 1LE DSSVs, and the rear is a bit softer, for reference.

As mentioned, best rate will depend on a lot of factors, and may require testing, but this set should be very good as a starting point, and the springs are cheap standard parts that are very easily changed out.

Last edited by Rexpelagi; 10-17-2019 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #10
Rexpelagi

Now asking $2200 + shipping.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:56 AM   #11
Clam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
How many years are on the shocks since new?
Clam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:10 PM   #12
Rexpelagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clam View Post
How many years are on the shocks since new?
The suspension has only been on cars for around 2,000mi total. I don't know exactly when the suspension was purchased, but I think around early-2018? I had them dynoed in September, 2018, to confirm performance, and they only been used for 500mi since then.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:41 PM   #13
Clam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexpelagi View Post
The suspension has only been on cars for around 2,000mi total. I don't know exactly when the suspension was purchased, but I think around early-2018? I had them dynoed in September, 2018, to confirm performance, and they only been used for 500mi since then.
Ok, great! I'm just trying to gauge the time for a rebuild as MCS says every 5 years or 15,000-20,000 Street/HPDE miles per their website. Looks like the shocks have at least 3-4 years left in them.

I'm interested, but I gotta consult the wifey
Clam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #14
Rexpelagi

Now asking $2k + shipping.