Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-25-2020, 12:13 PM   #1
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Llumar film and front zl1 splitter

I am taking my ZL1 to get Llumar film installed on the front. They mentioned that they didn't recommend doing the splitter because the clear film on it looks funny....they didn't elaborate, and i may push back and ask why they mentioned not doing it, but has anyone had any issuses with putting film on the front ZL1 splitter? Thanks for any help!
Old 11-25-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
yea I dont understand that reasoning, Maybe if you didn't remove the splitter the ppf would bunch up against the bumper. When I get a new splitter that isn't slightly bruised by the previous owner, I am going to ppf it before installing.

I've already put ppf on the front bumper and the ZL1 side rockers, nothing looks weird to me through the ppf.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:52 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
yea I dont understand that reasoning, Maybe if you didn't remove the splitter the ppf would bunch up against the bumper. When I get a new splitter that isn't slightly bruised by the previous owner, I am going to ppf it before installing.

I've already put ppf on the front bumper and the ZL1 side rockers, nothing looks weird to me through the ppf.
I think you've probably hit the nail on the head here... The PPF shop isn't going to remove the splitter. Maybe a conversation with them about the OWNER removing it and getting the PPF installed "correctly" on the entire bumper (under the lip) as well as on the splitter...

Or find a different shop that knows more about how to do the splitter (it is likely tougher because of hard, odd angles).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:16 PM   #4
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
My PPF installer wrapped the front splitter on my 1LE without removing it. It looks great!
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote