Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-11-2017, 07:06 AM   #15
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Welcome! That, sir is a nice clean find! Enjoy, and let the modding begin!!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #16
awsm66

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS
Thanks everyone. I am loving the car and it feels good to be in something with a little more power again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
congrates but a 2ls is a base no leather i would never want one i love my heated seats lol but nice car.
Oh that's right, it was the 2LT that I was looking at not the 2LS. I actually went to buy a 2013 2LT RS with 12K miles on it (metalic red) but was disappointed when I got there and it had a quarter sized ding in the rear quarter panel right in the wheel well crease. The dealer said the PDR guy couldn't get it out and I didn't want to get the quarter painted because I doubted I could match that color with it being a tri coat. I am glad though because that is when I looked around some more and found this car for the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
Congrats- I am envious on how low your miles and the near perfect condition yours is in! I just picked up my 2011 SS last Saturday and it has 41K on the clock. Mechanically it's perfect but needs some cosmetic work. But I didn't pay a lot and I have no loan so I have a nice new project to work on!
Congrats, 41K is not bad though especially if you got it for a great price. Mileage wasn't actually one of the things I was that concerned about when I was looking but I am glad I found this one compared to the others I was looking at in the same price range.
awsm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #17
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsm66 View Post
I have wanted a 5th gen Camaro since they came out but have just been waiting until the time was right in my life (bills paid off, money saved to buy it, at least one kid off to college etc.) to get one. I have owned 2nd and 3rd gens in the past and missed a couple of opportunities to get some 1st gens, two 68 Camaros and one 68 Firebird.

I have been saving and wanted to get one later this year because my middle child will be driving later and I will give her my current car (06 BMW 325i) and buy myself a Camaro. I ran across a deal I could not pass up since it had "almost" everything I wanted and was less than what I had saved after getting the dealer down a few thousand. I say almost because my requirements were...2010-2013, Red color (I like both reds), be an auto because I am tired of shifting all the time and so my wife can drive it as well, HID lights (so RS package) and be a 2SS (or 2LS...I didn't mind a V6) because I wanted leather, MyLynk and backup camera.

I could not pass it up because although it is a 2011 it only had 7900 miles and there was not a ding or rock chip in the paint and the interior was perfect and still had the new car smell. If you didn't know it was a 2011 you would have thought it just rolled off the showroom floor. The only thing missing from my requirements was the MyLynk and camera but I had already looked and found out those could be retrofitted so it wasn't an issue.

I have been lurking and reading the wealth of knowledge on these forums for a few weeks now and drooling over some of the cars here and finally decided to post.

I got it about 3 weeks ago and I have already bought a few things for it. I got the Heritage grille, Sparks SS emblems, MyLynk navigation conversion (be here Thursday), remote control fog light harness with combined Halo harness, CAI, Morimoto xb fogs (not installed yet) and a catch can. I also bought a new front bumper because I do not like the license plate frame. I have done paint and body work in the past so I will paint it myself. I thought about just repairing the holes in this one and painting it but didn't want to do that in the off chance I am not able to match the paint to my liking.

This will be my daily driver so I am not going crazy with it performance wise. My racing days are over anyway so the only thing left I will probably do is springs (or coilovers...I keep going back and forth on this), and maybe an exhaust but I have to find one that sounds good but doesn't drone since I do a LOT of highway driving. I may get wheels but I am pretty happy with the stock wheels right now.

Anyway sorry if its TL/DR. Here are some pics of the car on the first day I had it. I didn't think to take a pic of the odometer until a couple days later so that is why it has a couple hundred more than 7900. I don't know why it turned my interior images sideways and I do not know how to fix it...sorry.

Here is one from today with the Heritage grille and Sparks emblem (car is dirty though...still too cold to wash it today). I love that grille because it just makes the car look meaner.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote