Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #15
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
automatics do two things really well, they dont slip gears and they shift very fast. what they dont do as well as a manual is, control the relationship between the engine and the road. With a manual you can control that relationship much more intimately.
Along with being slower and less consistent...

His auto is NOT the reason he can't hook up...
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #16
JamesZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro, 2015 C7 A6 Z51
I had all the mods listed below (minus the 2.55 Upper pulley) and "At the track" on the Stock Goodyears I was having problems hooking up..After many passes I finally figured out that I had to do a really good burn out to get them hot enough to stick. I have not tired on the Michelin PSS's yet, but everyone claims they get better traction then the stock goodyears. Drop the air pressure in the tires (What psi are you running in them right now?). I dropped mine to 24 lbs to get more traction and it helps. The bogging you are getting is the car reacting to the tires spinning and its cutting power to bring it back under control (I lose a good 1/2 second in the 1/4 mile if that happens). I usually run in PTM 4 or 5 every time. You will continue to bog until you can get the tires to grab traction. Start dropping pressure and test it out to find what works the best. If you are running at the stock pressure, that's really hurting you.
Roto-Fab CAI, Texas Speed Headers, Texas Speed X-Pipe, Texas Speed LS3-B Blower Cam, Metco 9.10" Crank Pulley, Metco 2.5 Upper Pulley, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Ported Throttle Body, Alky Control Methanol kit, E2 Catch Can, 610HP / 608 Torque.
JamesZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #17
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesZL1 View Post
I had all the mods listed below (minus the 2.55 Upper pulley) and "At the track" on the Stock Goodyears I was having problems hooking up..After many passes I finally figured out that I had to do a really good burn out to get them hot enough to stick. I have not tired on the Michelin PSS's yet, but everyone claims they get better traction then the stock goodyears. Drop the air pressure in the tires (What psi are you running in them right now?). I dropped mine to 24 lbs to get more traction and it helps. The bogging you are getting is the car reacting to the tires spinning and its cutting power to bring it back under control (I lose a good 1/2 second in the 1/4 mile if that happens). I usually run in PTM 4 or 5 every time. You will continue to bog until you can get the tires to grab traction. Start dropping pressure and test it out to find what works the best. If you are running at the stock pressure, that's really hurting you.
You run in ptm 4 or 5? Do you put it in that mode then turn the nannies off or leave them on?
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:30 PM   #18
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
You run in ptm 4 or 5? Do you put it in that mode then turn the nannies off or leave them on?
Nannies off means no PTM at all. It's one or the other.
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:00 PM   #19
JamesZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro, 2015 C7 A6 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
When you his the T/C button twice, you can switch through the different PTM modes. I set mine to 4 or 5 (I really haven't noticed a difference in them). Turning the Nannies of, you have to push and hold the button for 7-10 Seconds till you see the traction control light come on, on the dash (there is no PTM settings you can adjust when you do this).

I pull up to the burn out box and hit the T/C button one time to turn the T/C off and I can do a burn out to heat the tires up. Then I hit the T/C button again, this turns the traction control back on (it just defaults this way), then hit it 2 more times to get into the PTM mode selection. Hit the + button and put the car in the desired mode (i.e. 4 or 5). Pull up to the tree and stage. I put just enough power to load the suspension (1000 rpms..Be careful not to push the car out of the staging light). When you see the 3rd yellow, hit it! You should cut a decent light and off you go...At least that's how I do it on stock tires...
Roto-Fab CAI, Texas Speed Headers, Texas Speed X-Pipe, Texas Speed LS3-B Blower Cam, Metco 9.10" Crank Pulley, Metco 2.5 Upper Pulley, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Ported Throttle Body, Alky Control Methanol kit, E2 Catch Can, 610HP / 608 Torque.
JamesZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote