Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-31-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
Faster12

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1 #1158
Best HP increase for the buck

I'm not as car savvy as most of the guys on this site so excuse my ignorance. I want to push my Z up to 700-750 HP. I don't want to do too much to the internals, maybe a cam, but nothing more. I've got the idea based on a lot of the stuff i've seen on this site. Headers, maybe a bigger TB, injector upgrade, cai, pulleys, maybe a cam, and a tune. Sound about right? The real question is with the pulleys. What exactly is needed to do a pulley swap? Do i have to change the upper pulley to change the lower one? What other parts are required for the swap? I ask because I've seen a few people suggest a 9.55 lower pulley but I can't seem to find that pulley being sold as a single unit. It's always a part of a package with the 50mm idler pulley, harmonic balancer, and the 2.55 upper. I just want to know what's an efficient way to get some more HP without over spinning the blower and having to swap out the internals.
Faster12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
lower pulley is part of a balancer/bolt on pulley combo. These are made by ATI or Metco. You can interchange the rings for the desired boost level. You must remove the factory balancer to use these. You can leave the supercharger pulley stock. Another way is to only swap the upper pulley to a 2.55 or 2.38 unit which requires supercharger snout removal. 9.55" is a great pulley that won't overspin the blower and is super safe with a good tune. You must use a 50mm idler with these larger diameter lowers because of interference. Or you can get an idler relocation bracket and leave the stock lower idler (preferred). Cold air induction, lower pulley, tune, and throttle body is a great start to pick up nearly 100 flywheel hp on 93 octane.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster12 View Post
I'm not as car savvy as most of the guys on this site so excuse my ignorance. I want to push my Z up to 700-750 HP. I don't want to do too much to the internals, maybe a cam, but nothing more. I've got the idea based on a lot of the stuff i've seen on this site. Headers, maybe a bigger TB, injector upgrade, cai, pulleys, maybe a cam, and a tune. Sound about right? The real question is with the pulleys. What exactly is needed to do a pulley swap? Do i have to change the upper pulley to change the lower one? What other parts are required for the swap? I ask because I've seen a few people suggest a 9.55 lower pulley but I can't seem to find that pulley being sold as a single unit. It's always a part of a package with the 50mm idler pulley, harmonic balancer, and the 2.55 upper. I just want to know what's an efficient way to get some more HP without over spinning the blower and having to swap out the internals.
Hello and welcome,

The JRE Power packages are designed to be done in steps and can build on one another in the most efficient manor.

Start with our 75 RWHP tune package which includes;
ATI superdamper
Crank bolt
10% Crank pulley
Rotofab CAI
SCT tuner
JRE Custom tuning to bring it all together.

Then when your ready you can move up to our 125 RWHP package and so on.

All packages come with FREE custom JRE tuning and world class support.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote