Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-13-2017, 09:14 PM   #43
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
78 in 2 weeks... 2016 2ss Vert m Had a 70 1/2 in the 70s and 80s
Old 07-13-2017, 09:16 PM   #44
trboxman

Drives: 2017 2SS, M6, HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Y'all make me feel young, and I'm pushing 50. Hopefully I make it another 20 or so.
Same.
trboxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:37 PM   #45
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
Great Posts.
I think we can all agree that we wish we had kept all the cars we owned in out lifetime.
Never had the money or space though to keep them when I wanted a new one.
I should be taking delivery of a 2018 ZL1 1LE in supposedly 8 weeks. started its build last week. I will be surprised if they keep their delivery date promise.

Anyway, I started sweeping floors at the local Ferrari dealer in Chicago at age 15 and within 3 years was tuning 275 GTB 4's. Bought a used 427 SC Cobra and my best friend bought a new 68 L88 Corvette and a 70 ZL1 Corvette. We raced these in SCCA A production.Then I bought a Mustang Boss 302 and my friends who had 69 Z28's with motors from Motion Sports along with another friend who had a 69 Nicky camaro with a L88 used to kick my ass.
Then army, war, school- no cars or fun.
In the 90's then a bow sedan and ducati 888.
2000 then a Ferrari 550 finally.
Recently a new Ducati Corsa race bike and now a new ZL1 1LE which I think is going to be the best ever. The dealer is only 5 miles from my house when it needs work and I think it will be the most reliable car I have ever owned.
My body might be old but I am still 18 in my mind.
It took me 9 months to decide whether to restore mod a 69 SS Chevelle which I always loved or buy new technology.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:07 PM   #46
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weege View Post
As some have already said, the real golden age of muscle cars is right now. This point is hard for younger drivers to fully appreciate, but not for those of us who've been around the block a few times. In 1972 my 7th grade science teacher stated the Earth would run out of oil in the 80's. A few years later, the glory days seemed to be nailed in the coffin. Most 1975 Corvettes had engines that made only 165 hp. As a song from back then said, "These are the good old days".

In 1991 I was a sophomore in high school. I had a Lamborghini Countach poster on my edroom wall next to Paula Abdul and Mark Price who was the point guard on my Cavaliers at the time. I remember thinking how amazing it was that the Countach had a 0-60 time under 6 seconds.

The fact a $40k American V8 production car most average people can buy is a full second+ faster than what cost $250k at the time and had 12 cylinders and 48 valves tells you the era we are in today.

That's something that gets lost on a lot of people. The Camaro SS has performance only exotics had just a few years ago!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #47
Nfg2ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 NFG 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
In 1991 I was a sophomore in high school. I had a Lamborghini Countach poster on my edroom wall next to Paula Abdul and Mark Price who was the point guard on my Cavaliers at the time. I remember thinking how amazing it was that the Countach had a 0-60 time under 6 seconds.

The fact a $40k American V8 production car most average people can buy is a full second+ faster than what cost $250k at the time and had 12 cylinders and 48 valves tells you the era we are in today.

That's something that gets lost on a lot of people. The Camaro SS has performance only exotics had just a few years ago!
In 91 I got my first car....an 82 Trans Am, 5 spd. Loved that thing more than anything. I've always been a speed junkie, since I got on my first dirt bike....a Honda 50, fat wheel, when I was 5 or 6. Our garage is FULL of my toys...03 Predator(shorter steering stem, great track quad), 01 Raptor(ported and polished...have to sit on the tank at take off to not flip), 85 CR500, etc. But my husband is cool with it cause anytime he wants a toy, I encourage it wholeheartedly. Mostly so he won't bitch when I want a new toy. But it makes us both happy.

Last year I wouldn't stop till he agreed to a test drive in a 6th gen....once he got behind the wheel, I literally didn't have to say another word(was actually afraid if he heard my voice it might knock some sense into him and he wouldn't sign the papers). It's been in my garage since May 2016.

He finally got his TL1000R going again this spring, and now we have some serious fun. That thing is fast, but he knows, to win, I'll knock his ass into the dirt if that's what it takes.

BTW, we're grandparents.....but we aint dead yet.
Nfg2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #48
SilverSurfer Fifty

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS - gone
I'm 49 and turn 50 in a few months. It is great to read about all of the young hearts that purchased a Camaro.

As a young boy, I lusted for Mrs. Virginia's 1969 Camaro SS. I used to ask if I could buy it from her when I became an adult. Unfortunately, when she passed, She willed the car to a member of her family.

In 1989, my stepdad had an '85 IROC Z that I drove for a couple of years. When I graduated from college in 1990, I asked my stepdad if I could buy the car from him. He said no, of course.

So, a couple of weeks ago I purchased my first Camaro; a 2017 Camaro 2SS. As I tell people, I may be hitting midlife, but there is no crisis! This is my first sports car purchase and its about time. I feel like a kid again!
Old 07-14-2017, 12:18 AM   #49
mrtoner

Drives: 2016 SS Nightfall Gray
Turned 70 this year, and except for when the kids were growing and we needed space, I have always driven either muscle cars, pony cars or Vettes.

It has nothing to do with compensation or life crisis.

It has everything to do with love of performance cars.

I am now widowed and just buried my youngest daughter, but you know, I am still alive and by God I will enjoy what I like ( and I love my SS)

'Nuf said....
mrtoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:09 AM   #50
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

well...yeah.even the 6 cylinders do it in just under 6 seconds.progress is a wonderful thing,my RS is just as quick as my old hotrod that got 8 mpg and is faster on the top end.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:23 AM   #51
rotohead

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Let's see, I'm now 63, can remember when the Camaro first came out. Our homes are paid for, Were retired and have the funds to live again.
The cars today are built to last all but "FCA" cars, We are once again in a battle of horsepower between the automakers, LIFE IS GOOD!
rotohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:40 AM   #52
talon90

Drives: 2017 Red Hot 2LT RS
Older fogie here. 51 headed for 52 in a few months. Fairly new to the Camaro world. My first was a 1976 Coupe and now my second a 2017 Coupe 2LT RS V6 A8. I've been hanging in the Corvette world for the last 20 years. Had a Cadillac ATS most recently that was traded for the Camaro (basically just traded old tech for new tech on the Alpha platform). Loved the ATS but finally gave up on the idea of a four door black sedan, LOL. I needed something shiny, red and sporty again. Looking forward to being able to contribute to the forum and community and getting out and enjoying these incredible cars.

Paul
talon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 AM   #53
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon90 View Post
Older fogie here. 51 headed for 52 in a few months. Fairly new to the Camaro world. My first was a 1976 Coupe and now my second a 2017 Coupe 2LT RS V6 A8. I've been hanging in the Corvette world for the last 20 years. Had a Cadillac ATS most recently that was traded for the Camaro (basically just traded old tech for new tech on the Alpha platform). Loved the ATS but finally gave up on the idea of a four door black sedan, LOL. I needed something shiny, red and sporty again. Looking forward to being able to contribute to the forum and community and getting out and enjoying these incredible cars.

Paul
Paul - good to see you again, you were super helpful on the C7 forums when we were all trying to figure out MP3, easy exit, etc in 2014, remember? Sold my C7 for a 2LT on 2015, needed something better for my back.....

Are you still up on the treasure coast?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #54
talon90

Drives: 2017 Red Hot 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Paul - good to see you again, you were super helpful on the C7 forums when we were all trying to figure out MP3, easy exit, etc in 2014, remember? Sold my C7 for a 2LT on 2015, needed something better for my back.....

Are you still up on the treasure coast?
Good morning my friend! Of course I remember. How could anyone forget the God of Detailing, LOL. I've already been reading a few of your posts. Your car is spectacular. Great color, great mods, love the wheels.

I'm still working with the Infotainment team and still doing several seminars a year in various places on navigation and infotainment.

Yes sir, up in Titsuville - so I guess technically the Space Coast (we have too many coasts down here, LOL.)

Paul
talon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #55
vrl99vert

Drives: 2017 1LE Coupe
69 years young, turning 70 the end of the year. Loved drag racing and sports cars in high school. Bought my first Vette in 95. Currently have a 2016 Z06/Z07. Bought a 2017 Nightfall Gray 1LE last February. Since the Z06 is an automatic, I wanted a manual. The Camaro 1LE is a totally different driving experience. I really like the rev match for spirited driving in the hills. The 6 speed is great!
Old 07-14-2017, 02:29 PM   #56
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
60 going on 61.
my 4th Camaro (almost had 5, but I never picked up the '69 with a 327 that I placed a deposit on...)
My dad worked at the Tonawanda engine plant until the day he died. GM is in our blood. My youngest brother is a Corvette fanatic.

I've had plenty of cars, but the Camaro seems to be an infection I can't quite get rid of...
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote