Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
awsm66

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS
Anyone in the SE region with an AGP TT kit have cooling issues?

I have been searching but have not specifically found this (because hopefully its not an issue) but if I overlooked it I apologize.

I will be getting an AGP TT kit in the next few weeks and I am trying to decide if I should go ahead with the drag race intercooler.

When I spoke with Kevin he mentioned that they recommend that one unless you live in a hot state (he mentioned AZ and FL). I live in central MS and it does get quite hot here (I am only a few hours from FL) so I am undecided on what to do. He mentioned going with the other intercooler and a meth kit. I am not opposed to doing that for sure but I wanted to check to see if anyone lives in my area and have the drag race intercooler and if they have had any issues with keeping the car cool.

I am pretty sure I will be getting the meth kit now anyway after research it but if heat is not a problem I would like to still go with the drag race intercooler.
awsm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Kevin had me go with the smaller Endurance race intercooler and Meth too as I live in California with 90 to 105 + temps. Don't want to take a chance overheating the car as the bigger intercooler will block the radiator for daily driving.

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #3
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Stop n go traffic over 95 with the AC on will cause issues 50% of the time..

No AC on No problems

Weird that this happens to some and some do not have the problems.. Only thing I can think off is that some cars may have stronger cooler fans or they spin faster and move more air.

I have one of the over heaters lol...

and its not like you hit traffic and it over heats w the AC on.. it takes about 20 to 30 min. If you get into trouble you can shut the AC off you can see the temp fall immediately..

The car could idle for hours with no AC on it will never over heat but turn the AC on better not forget about it..

I think he has a few suggestion like spacing between the drag intercooler and condenser. maybe AUX fan..

I see 192 driving with AC on or off mo matter the temps outside
I see it hot 196 to 198 with in 10 mins with AC on 95 degrees no air flow
I see 208 a few min later once I see 212 I shut of the AC... no matter If I'm still stopped with little to no air movement the temps come down.. back to 196 really fast and back to 192 after abit... If I start getting flow it get backs to 192 pretty fast then I stick the AC back on...

Oil is another thing to look at too..

I see 210 just driving if I get on it I see 220... doing some laps in a low gear on a race track I see 230 and never got above that..

I always shut my car off when the oil temps are the lowest.. so I make sure to drive it easy the last few miles before I park..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:56 AM   #4
UNRIVALED SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Stop n go traffic over 95 with the AC on will cause issues 50% of the time..

No AC on No problems

Weird that this happens to some and some do not have the problems.. Only thing I can think off is that some cars may have stronger cooler fans or they spin faster and move more air.

I have one of the over heaters lol...

and its not like you hit traffic and it over heats w the AC on.. it takes about 20 to 30 min. If you get into trouble you can shut the AC off you can see the temp fall immediately..

The car could idle for hours with no AC on it will never over heat but turn the AC on better not forget about it..

I think he has a few suggestion like spacing between the drag intercooler and condenser. maybe AUX fan..

I see 192 driving with AC on or off mo matter the temps outside
I see it hot 196 to 198 with in 10 mins with AC on 95 degrees no air flow
I see 208 a few min later once I see 212 I shut of the AC... no matter If I'm still stopped with little to no air movement the temps come down.. back to 196 really fast and back to 192 after abit... If I start getting flow it get backs to 192 pretty fast then I stick the AC back on...

Oil is another thing to look at too..

I see 210 just driving if I get on it I see 220... doing some laps in a low gear on a race track I see 230 and never got above that..

I always shut my car off when the oil temps are the lowest.. so I make sure to drive it easy the last few miles before I park..
Same here.

Raced at Hub City many times. Cooling is a fight if you have decent size cam, and an intercooler sucking up the cool air in front of the radiator. I'm working to figure that one out myself. Considered and additional fan on the front side to help with air velocity. More to follow.
UNRIVALED SS is offline   Reply With Quote